June System Update: Release Notes
The June Update isn't a small update in the slightest! As we march forward with our usual content (bug fixes, Champion balance, Artifact balance, and Amplifier balance) the June update welcomes a new major feature: An overhauled out-of-match UI that allows you to navigate our menus much more easily! For those of you who've been with us for a while, you'll be happy to hear that the June Update also contains our solution to Gambit Stacking.
Whether you're a newbie or a pro Infinite Crisis player, there's something exciting for you in the patch notes below! Construct, please execute text file, June Update.
If you're looking for the Artifact & Amplifier changes for the June Update, look no further than this page.
System Alerts: High Importance Changes
Interface Projections Overhauled: Lobby UI Updated
Our UI team has put in a ton of legwork and updated the pre-match lobby UI. You'll now find that it can appropriately scale for HD screens, allow you to travel through to the profile and store pages while you're in group or custom match, and features some slick new art. The end of match scorecard also has a second tab with some brand new stats on the game you just completed!
As always, we'll be continuing to update and improve the UI as we go forward. Again, please let us know what you think of these changes (and what you'd like to see in the future) in our official forums!
- The available maps for this update are as follows: Basic Tutorial, Gotham Heights, Gotham Divided, Coast City (Custom Matches Only).
- We've performed a pass on champion movement to improve both their turning and motion.
- We have updated how Critical Hit chance works. Previously, it was true randomness: if you had a 20% chance to crit, then you had a 20% chance to crit every time you Basic Attacked, period. We have now switched to a “pseudo-random distribution” system. This means that the longer you go without a crit, the higher your chances get. When you crit, the odds are reset to a low probability, and then start working up again. This does not change the average amount of additional damage that buying critical chance items gives you, but it does make crit function in a more reliable way. It means that the odds of getting really unlucky or really lucky streaks are dramatically reduced.
- Custom Matches can now be started with 5 players, down from the previous minimum of 6 players.
- The Fog of War now completely hides area of effect skills if they're not within your team's sight range.
- The Ignore function will now always cause an ignored Protector to immediately become squelched.
- We’ve revised the champion order in the character selection screen to be pseudo-alphabetical by hero name. Multiverse Variant characters are stationed next to their Prime counterparts. (To find Arcane Green Lantern, for example, look under G for Green Lantern, not A for Arcane.) It should be much easier to find your wanted champion.
- If you’re channeling a bleed portal and it closes, your Champion should no longer get stuck.
- If your Champion is chasing someone through the jungle and you lose them, they will no longer begin auto-attacking nearby jungle creatures unless they are already aggroed.
- The team is now adding various vials into the recommended item builds for Mecha Wonder Woman and Robin, as appropriate to those characters. Vials are now a thing!
- Star Sapphire now has a new dance!
- Fixed an issue where selecting a costume will bring you back to the champion select icons if you did not click ready before the game readies you.
- Draft Mode: The time to draft a champion has been increased, and you will be randomly assigned a champion if you do not choose one in time that still obeys the draft rules.
- UI: The Foundry now has a text search filter! Use it like our Amplifier/Mod filter to search for the perfect artifact by either beginning to type it's name, or by typing out stats that you'd like to have. (Like "Power Damage, Attack Damage" to find Psi-Scimitar.) Items that do not match your search will be grayed out.
- UI: The ESC key now backs you out of all menus and groups in the main lobby. If you're already on the main lobby, hitting ESC will bring up the ESC menu, like it would in-game.
- UI: We now have an option to turn on FPS/Ping! Check for it in the Interface section of the Options menu. CTRL+F is the default hotkey for this function.
- UI: Role review icons in the champion select are back! Check for them to the side of everyone’s portraits to quickly see what roles that character fulfills.
- UI: You can now bind emotes to keys. Have fun taunting your enemies!
- UI: If you can’t accept a game invite, the game now tells you why you can’t accept the invite. If a group that invited you is disbanded, the invite is now removed from your box automatically.
- UI: Invites to custom matches now display the name of the map you’re being invited to play.
- UI: If you’re playing a match and have an in-game menu open, you will no longer be able to accidentally trigger skills.
- UI: We’ve updated the look of the Alert and Retreat pings in the map and displayed in-game.
- UI: The game window will now take focus when a match is found, and the match found sound will play after the window takes focus.
- UI: You can now hold down your middle-mouse button (if you have one) to smoothly pan the game's camera.
- UI: Skill tooltips now display Damage Over Time numbers as a total damage number, rather than a “per second” number. For more information, read IC_PlayByGray’s explanation here.
- UI: Fixed a bug that could cause a small final tick of health regeneration while a player was dead, making it look like you had non-zero health while dead.
- UI: Fixed a rare situation where you could get stuck on the “Match Found” banner due to group members leaving at the last minute.
- UI: A button for Surrender has been added to the ESC menu in-game.
- Drones will now end their patrols and teleport out at the center of their targeted capture point.
- Captured points will now reveal cameras placed close to them, much like they reveal stealthed units.
- We’ve taken another pass on the terrain of Coast City. Enjoy a new look!
- We've improved the Raider's animations in Coast City.
- Turrets and Dampeners will now switch to Enemy champions when they are attacking allied champions. Previously, they would keep attacking Elite Drones if they were present.
- Leviathan will no longer grant team-wide XP. In order to receive XP for Leviathan, you will have to be in range of his demise.
- A dampener that is about to resurface will stop the creation of Elite Drones in the lane earlier, to prevent the dampener from re-falling to Elite Drones all over again.
- More bits and buildings of Gotham Divided are now destructible. Boom.
- The deployable missiles of Gotham Divided will no longer hover above the terrain upon impact.
- Fixed a bug where the Raider's legs wouldn't fade out when it was destroyed.
- Fixed some missing kill card icons for deployable buffs on Gotham Divided.
With this update we are beginning a global balance pass on Stolen Powers. For now, we are hitting some of the outliers; powers we believe to be greatly over or under-performing. In future updates, we will be re-assessing the role of each power and making some adjustments to the balance between the base and unique versions of the skills.
Enjoy, and tell us what you think on the Stolen Powers below!
Meteor Drop’s long range has opened it up to some interesting plays. We’re going to keep pushing this direction and keep an eye on the skill to see if it needs more. Green Lantern’s Drop is over-performing so we are toning it down. With the range increase to the base skill, we want to make sure it doesn’t become degenerate.
- Range increased from 3000 to 4500
- Green Lanterns Meteor Drop Power Damage ratio reduced from 45% to 35%
The potency of Invulnerability is high, and this is okay, but its long duration meant there was usually more than enough time to escape to the safety of turrets or team. We want tighter timing on this skill, while leaving the bonus health where it was.
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2.
Jungle ganks with Psychic Assault are a little stronger then we’d like, so we’re going to start with a small reduction in the duration. Future changes to this skill may see a more substantial redesign, but not for this update.
- Duration from 3 to 2.5
- Zatannas Psychic Assault duration reduced from 3.5 to 3 and Move Speed reduction reduced from 45% to 40%
- Sinestro's variant will now properly scale the armor rend effect with your level.
Super Strength is awesome to watch. Super Strength is not being used enough. Time to dial it up! THROW ALL THE THINGS!
- Range increased from 800 to 850.
- Knockup increased from 1.25 to 1.5.
- Range increased from 900 to 950.
- Damage increased from 80 +30/lvl to 90 +35/lvl.
Green Arrow’s Camera has almost single-handedly spelled the doom of X-ray Vision. We’re going to start with a heavy reduction on its duration, and keep watching.
- Green Arrow's Surveillance Camera stealth piercing duration reduced from 10s to 5s.
The amount of map control Teleport gives well organized teams is incredible. We like the great lane switching or sudden jungle ganks the skill leads to, but the frequency was a bit too high.
- Cooldown increased from 300 to 360.
- Catwoman's Teleport cooldown increased from 240s to 300s.
- You can now activate Teleport and click to a surveillance camera on the minimap to teleport to it. No more having to send your camera over to it first!
Trap is in a very weak place right now, and ultimately will need a more significant revision, but number changes are what we are going to start with. Keep your eyes open!
- Cooldown reduced from 30s to 25s
- Root duration increased from 1s to 1.5s
X-ray vision used to be overly potent at controlling objectives, but the balance changes we made previously have pushed it down rather far. We’re going to take a small step here to help it out relative to Surveillance Camera.
- Reduce cooldown from 120s to 100s
Champion Bug Fixes
- Blue Beetle – The effect icon for Scarab Scanner will now go away from you UI if you quickly detonate it after sending it out.
- Cyborg – Fixed an issue where Cyborg’s gun arm would sometimes look like it was stealthed even after he left a stealth pad.
- Green Arrow - If you trigger Bullseye during the middle of Green Arrow’s dash, it will queue up to fire Bullseye once the dash ends and you’re free to do so.
- Green Arrow – Bullseye has been changed to always work on press to activate it, regardless of smartcasting.
- Green Arrow – Fixed an issue where Green Arrow’s Bullseye could continue to play after the skill was interrupted by a stun.
- Harley Quinn – The target of Best Medicine will now laugh.
- Joker – Joker’s Punching Bag was mistakenly providing a small amount of vision. This has been removed.
- Atomic Poison Ivy – Wall of Thorns will now always apply a damage over time, even if Toxic Growth is consumed and applies a silence.
- Star Sapphire – The targeting effects ring on Crystal Bomb will now go away when the Crystal Bomb explodes.
- Star Sapphire – Fixed an issue that allowed the Predator to sometimes dash while under the influence of hard crowd control, such as Fear or Stun.
- Star Sapphire – Clarified her Bonds of Love tooltip to denote that the skill can be used on the Predator’s Crystal, even if the Predator is not manifested.
- Star Sapphire – Her Violet Ring should no longer be visible when she’s a bunny.
- Star Sapphire – Predator now plays its full “get up” animation after it’s knocked down.
- Star Sapphire – Predator now plays the half of its joke properly when she types /joke, even if its in an idle fidget animation.
- Superman – Superman should be less likely to hit an enemy with Heat Vision when they recall to base.
- Superman – Superman’s Speeding Bullet target will now no longer look bright blue when targeted.
- Nightmare Superman – Condemn will now appropriately interrupt a Nightmare Batman’s Feral Embrace.
- Nightmare Superman – If Nightmare Superman is the first death in the match, he will now properly award First Blood.
- Nightmare Superman – Fixed an issue that caused Siphon/Infuse’s animation to play twice.
- Nightmare Superman – Enemies who are Condemned into the Phantom Zone will no longer be able to be knocked back or feared around. They will stay stuck in place in their little cube.
- Nightmare Superman – Possession will no longer go on cooldown if he is killed by an invalid target.
- Nightmare Superman - The logo on Nightmare Superman’s possession ghost now looks more… ghostly.
- Nightmare Superman – Fixed an issue where if Nightmare Superman died while beginning to cast Vortex, he would spawn unable to attack or cast skills other than Vortex.
- Robin – His passive, This Guy!, will not go on cooldown when last hitting an enemy.
- Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman should no longer get stuck if she Lasso Grabs an enemy when they recall.
- Wonder Woman – If you follow up a Lasso Grab with Amazonian Prowess, you will no longer stop attacking your target.
- Atomic Wonder Woman – We’ve addressed a bug that caused Reclaimer to sometimes not hit its target. While we were in there, we worked on the animations of Reclaimer to smooth it out.
In the June Update, only one champion is receiving a major balance pass. Nightmare Batman has ruled the jungle as the king for a long time, and the team has decided to re-focus on the scourge of the night and change up his skill kit. IC_PlayByGray has more information...
Nightmare Batman has been a top rank Champion for a while, because of his ability to do a multitude of things with his kit. Going forward we want Night Bat to be more reliant on his basic attacks on a single target and less so on a 2-hit KO skill combo. Although skills are changing, the core of them still remain.
Eternal Hunger is no longer Attack Lifesteal, however it is now granting health per basic attacks. He was getting a bit too much lifesteal for free, which was working with all of his skills and basic attacks. In order to maximize your health return you will gain stacks on a single target, if you switch targets you will reset your stacks and have to build them once again.
Bat Swarm will grant a shorter duration of Stealth and give Night Bat a Bat Swarm buff to use on a target. To use this buff you must basic attack an enemy (Champion, creature, drone). The traditional Bat Swarm will drop at their feet and deal damage over time. Bat Swarm will no longer grant energy return, the energy return mechanic has now moved to Savagery.
In conclusion, the Bat Swarm (W) + Feral Embrace (R) combo still remains, even though a little less potent. You will now need to secure kills, if the combo does not, with your Savagery and Silver Batarang.
- Earn health on basic attacks.
- Consecutive basic attacks on the same target will enhance the health return.
- The slow has been removed.
- No longer gives energy back.
- Swarm duration increased to 3s from 2.5.
- Stealth duration decreased from 2.5s to 1s.
- Cooldown is now flat 18s .
- Ratio (Over full duration) reduced from 1.8 to .9.
- Activating the skill grants Night Bat a buff that will drop a Bat Swarm at the feet of the first target he basic attacks.
- Cooldown changed from 20s to 22/20/18/16s.
- Cost increased from 20 to 30.
- Move Speed Percent now scales - 10/15/20/25%.
- Basic Attacks that hit give back 4 energy when skill is active.
- Base Damage reduced from 200 to 150 (Over full duration).
- Damage gained per level reduced from 80 to 75 (Over full duration).