Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the love of god, add a surrender button please

I know every single person has experienced this at some point in recent months. You start a game and one or more people on your team clearly dont know what do to do and end up feeding the team for about 3-4 deaths and then they quit. Or perhaps the person doesnt quit and feeds the other team the whole game. Maybe the other team is a premade and your team is 5 random people who dont know each other at all and are getting completely annihilated by the other teams coordination. Whatever the case might be there are a lot of games these days where one side gets a very clear and distinct advantage early on and kills the match for the other team. So you open your option menu and try to find the surrender button so you can get this terrible match over with and move onto another one but alas! There button doesnt exist yet. Frustration is mounting amongst the community about the lack of this option. I've known some people who have quit the game entirely because they can't stand long nightly queue's on top of really really bad games they have to suffer all the way through. We NEED this option. The longer it takes to show up, the more beta testers this game is gonna lose. People who would go on to play the game once it goes live.

Re: For the love of god, add a surrender button please

Heroes never surrender.
    Steam: admonish

Quote Originally Posted by admonish View Post
    Heroes never surrender.
    Not even the true villains!
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Yeah, they can't not add a surrender button.

The only defense they have now is that we are in beta, and you should probably play games all the way through for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggs-Xys View Post
    I know every single person has experienced this at some point in recent months. You start a game and one or more people on your team clearly dont know what do to do and end up feeding the team for about 3-4 deaths and then they quit. Or perhaps the person doesnt quit and feeds the other team the whole game. Maybe the other team is a premade and your team is 5 random people who dont know each other at all and are getting completely annihilated by the other teams coordination. Whatever the case might be there are a lot of games these days where one side gets a very clear and distinct advantage early on and kills the match for the other team. So you open your option menu and try to find the surrender button so you can get this terrible match over with and move onto another one but alas! There button doesnt exist yet. Frustration is mounting amongst the community about the lack of this option. I've known some people who have quit the game entirely because they can't stand long nightly queue's on top of really really bad games they have to suffer all the way through. We NEED this option. The longer it takes to show up, the more beta testers this game is gonna lose. People who would go on to play the game once it goes live.
    "I will always stop you" - Superman

I agree that IC could use a surrender option, although I would probably only use it in cases of showboating. I'm not one for surrendering. At this stage in the games development it's probably better to play the games through so you can give more accurate feedback, even if you don't see any chance of winning. Not to mention there are things that can be learnt in the time that you spend in those games where you would otherwise surrender, may not happen often but it does happen.
    "There's a reason we have these big targets on our chests." ~ Flash
    "Oh, you redecorated. I don't like it." ~ The Doctor

Two Face Champion Concept.
    Young Justice Team Champion Concepts.
    Team Buff Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SparksElm173 View Post
    I agree that IC could use a surrender option, although I would probably only use it in cases of showboating. I'm not one for surrendering. At this stage in the games development it's probably better to play the games through so you can give more accurate feedback, even if you don't see any chance of winning. Not to mention there are things that can be learnt in the time that you spend in those games where you would otherwise surrender, may not happen often but it does happen.
    This makes absolutely zero sense.

People don't want to always surrender because their team is doing poorly---They want to surrender because the team has 2-3 AFK members that mean there's NO REASON to continue the game. There's no positive or even remotely useful balance/bug/testing feedback to be gained by that match because it's so absurdly out of balance that it's not even worth regarding.

As someone that played a lot of League and DOTA: If this game doesn't get a surrender button when it goes Open Beta---It stands absolute zero chance of making it in the scene. Open Beta means there's going to be even more AFKers.

Your logic here is also poor in the fact that numbers are what matter in testing. You release a beta to get more games played---Not have people play LESS games because they can't move onto the next one because they are stuck in a surrenderless-winless-funless situation.

The developers really fumbled A LOT on working on this game. They have all the other "big names" to improve on and all they've managed to do is make a worse version of games that already exist. I feel bad for MLG. =/

Quote Originally Posted by PailOfAwesome View Post
    This makes absolutely zero sense.

People don't want to always surrender because their team is doing poorly---They want to surrender because the team has 2-3 AFK members that mean there's NO REASON to continue the game. There's no positive or even remotely useful balance/bug/testing feedback to be gained by that match because it's so absurdly out of balance that it's not even worth regarding.

As someone that played a lot of League and DOTA: If this game doesn't get a surrender button when it goes Open Beta---It stands absolute zero chance of making it in the scene. Open Beta means there's going to be even more AFKers.

Your logic here is also poor in the fact that numbers are what matter in testing. You release a beta to get more games played---Not have people play LESS games because they can't move onto the next one because they are stuck in a surrenderless-winless-funless situation.

The developers really fumbled A LOT on working on this game. They have all the other "big names" to improve on and all they've managed to do is make a worse version of games that already exist. I feel bad for MLG. =/
    So it makes no sense to provide accurate feedback based on a FULL match, even if there are AFK's, considering the state of the game? Does it also make no sense that, on the off chance, you might learn something from a game where the odds are stacked against you, like, for example, how to beat those odds? If there are 2-3 AFK's what guarantee is there that the system will recognize that they are AFK and not include them in a surrender vote? And if the system does include them what good is the surrender option if it doesn't force a default for no-votes, whether it be default of surrender or removed from the vote? Also I did not mention that the ONLY reason people surrender is because they are doing poorly, which, lets face it, is a result of AFKers, nor did I mention it at all. I am in favor of a surrender option, particularly considering that open beta is around the corner.

Team Buff Idea.

I second the motion. I've had way too many games wherein I've encountered afkers and people with bad latency leaving. I mean, it might not be their fault sometimes, but the option to give up is nice. Don't want to waste time having to wait for the other team to push towers to finish the game or quitting because when I que, I automatically register back into the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaXII View Post
    I second the motion. I've had way too many games wherein I've encountered afkers and people with bad latency leaving. I mean, it might not be their fault sometimes, but the option to give up is nice. Don't want to waste time having to wait for the other team to push towers to finish the game or quitting because when I que, I automatically register back into the same game.
    So what you are saying is you are part of the problem?

Team Buff Idea.