Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think i have a really good map idea

I have a map idea. IC's a MOBA based on DC heroes. obviously people want maps which reflect that. instead of making complete different maps, which usually becomes a popularity contest in the Q, I think the Gotham Divided map is well built.

I think what could really make IC unique is to use the same Gotham Divided map, yet make it somewhere else. For example why cant the map represent Atlantis. or Themycera. Fight creatures of that region/lore rather than just robots. It would LITERALLY be the same map, same function unit placement and objectives. Its only the appearance that would change.

It could be on a random function so when you queue for the 3 lane map (Gotham Divided) it could be any of the worlds available. It wouldnt affect ranked play because its literally the same thing. But with the added bonus of fighting epic sea creatures of Atlantis or somthing instead of bots.

-This implementation would be much easier than a whole new map, also gives the game a more spontaneous and epic/heroic feel.
    -It would also set this game farther apart from the other MOBAs where the maps always look the same; and honestly that gets boring.

What do you guys at IC think?

Re: I think i have a really good map idea

I think that would be a very fun idea

Considering Harmony EnoughHoopla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasquee View Post
    I have a map idea. IC's a MOBA based on DC heroes. obviously people want maps which reflect that. instead of making complete different maps, which usually becomes a popularity contest in the Q, I think the Gotham Divided map is well built.

I think what could really make IC unique is to use the same Gotham Divided map, yet make it somewhere else. For example why cant the map represent Atlantis. or Themycera. Fight creatures of that region/lore rather than just robots. It would LITERALLY be the same map, same function unit placement and objectives. Its only the appearance that would change.

It could be on a random function so when you queue for the 3 lane map (Gotham Divided) it could be any of the worlds available. It wouldnt affect ranked play because its literally the same thing. But with the added bonus of fighting epic sea creatures of Atlantis or somthing instead of bots.

-This implementation would be much easier than a whole new map, also gives the game a more spontaneous and epic/heroic feel.
    -It would also set this game farther apart from the other MOBAs where the maps always look the same; and honestly that gets boring.

What do you guys at IC think?
    Love the idea, maybe have it that way for all types of map to give each one new scenery when you play
    Holy masked potatoes Batman

Considering Harmony

i rather a new map, why the same map after years, every game has it, i don't understand this additude. just make a 3v3 atlantis map, just make a themycera map cause you can change the wall paper but your still in the same place doing the same thing.

I think it's a neato idea but not sure if it'd be worth it for them to have the art team spend so much time on that

its a really nice idea, much love =*
    i want to see krypton

Yeah, i wanna it)) Developers, please... ^_^

I like that idea very much

+1 I really like the idea as well .... Maybe a kind of "poison ivy" freaky funky jungle Map would be nice as well. With wired jungle mobs.

What if they had "Map Skins". So for example you go in to play Gotham Divided and you can pick which skin you want, Atlantis, Metropolis, Oa, etc. Then the map will appear to YOU in the theme you have chosen. The maps could be for sale for like 15$ worth of CC which would then give the art team an incentive to make them. I would buy an Oa map for sure