Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I think i have a really good map idea

This idea would really link with the DC heroes/villains by making it more varied in where the battle is taking place, rather than just always the same location. After all if Joker and Batman have a fight they often don't go back to the same location for their next fight, same can be said for pretty much every hero/villain combo.
    "There's a reason we have these big targets on our chests." ~ Flash
    "Oh, you redecorated. I don't like it." ~ The Doctor

Two Face Champion Concept.
    Young Justice Team Champion Concepts.
    Team Buff Idea.

I like this idea, it should just be a re-skin of Gotham Divided. However, I think there are more important things to focus on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags118 View Post
    What if they had "Map Skins". So for example you go in to play Gotham Divided and you can pick which skin you want, Atlantis, Metropolis, Oa, etc. Then the map will appear to YOU in the theme you have chosen. The maps could be for sale for like 15$ worth of CC which would then give the art team an incentive to make them. I would buy an Oa map for sure
    Leave it to the guy literally named MoneyBags to suggest how to actually obtain bags of money:] Talk about foreshadowing.

But yeah, this is a fantastic idea. I'd personally try, as the Man with the Bags of Money has suggested, to monetize this but, BUT only if I'd figure out a way to make the fact that you own a map have a sort of "show off" value as well.

This is because I feel like in this sort of environment (online, PvP) & according to the style Turbine has adopted for making the Money that goes in the Bags (sorry bro, I just like your name and how that just clicked with your comment; last one I swear^^), players should be able to "show off" the fact that they have bought something. The novelty runs out pretty quick if you're solo queuing and everyone just sees their map AND also the player doesn't stream his matches or anything like it. I have no idea how that would work, and what "that" actually is, but if you guys are considering this, please think of a "show off" side to it.

I know it kind of plays on our egos, but so does every other skin we get for the champs. I highly doubt that in an offline game, many people would pay to have their character (whoever that is in whatever game) dress up as something else. Sure, make an achievement out of it and we'll grind our eyes out day and night in order to get it, but you can only get away with charging cash for it in this sort of game (IC) And even if it sounds pretty silly to some, we actually enjoy spending our money on nifty stuff like this partly because we know we're supporting the people that make this happen for us, and partly because we really want a neat suit/costume/skin to show off to our friends

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags118 View Post
    What if they had "Map Skins". So for example you go in to play Gotham Divided and you can pick which skin you want, Atlantis, Metropolis, Oa, etc. Then the map will appear to YOU in the theme you have chosen. The maps could be for sale for like 15$ worth of CC which would then give the art team an incentive to make them. I would buy an Oa map for sure
    or they could put a vote instead. ppl could vote on what put they want to play. ex. 6/10 atlantis 2/10 metropolis 2/10 gotham. something like that. it's a nice way for avoiding long queues.

Considering Harmony

I think this is a good idea. In DotA 2 the map changes based on events sometimes, such as winter or halloween. I like the randomized concept of it. Even though it is the same thing, it still takes a bit away from the repetitiveness.

Love the idea, needs a change from all the robots that the heroes/villians have to fight constantly, maybe some demons/undead or Sea creatures would be nice or amazonian people.

Joining Harmony

I think this is a good idea. However this wouldnt be a money making item for them, Ill explain with the few options they could take.
    1) You buy a map skin pack or packs, and evertime you enter a map it has a chance to select from the maps styles you bought. Only you can see this though. Lame!
    2) You buy a map skin pack/s, and then host the game on your personal computer anyone that comes to game with you see the random maps. This option allows for lag, disconnects, and cheating so no way for rated play. all lame.
    3) You buy a map skin pack/s and the first person that ques or is awarded "lead" has a map picked form what they own.. You can only join games if you have that map skin pack. More do able, but would mean much longer ques. So also lame.

So no real place for income from this idea.

However it still wouldn't be that bad to add into the game. The core wire framing and rules are all their, all thats covering the map, the creeps, and the destructible is a skin. So skins is all that would need to be changed.. giving the minions an sea creature over lay.. or the Taco a skin for 2 faces giant coin and so on for all the destructibles.

The biggest problem would be the pathing and how it works with the 3d maps, so it wouldn't be as simple as a skin change, the topography would have to match with what your champs are running into, or whats blocking there path so it matches up visually.

This can be done with large maps that are broken into sections to fit each battlefield's unique lay out. and then as a battleground is chosen, it could sweep across the full of the map, and show section and the lay out of the objectives, maybe during the loading screen, with the champs around the boarder showing who is still connecting.

all and all a great idea, and something i feel the devs should think about adding as it would make the game really stand out from other mobas, and would just be plain awesome, while keeping each type of battle ground unique.
    Last edited by Mideran; 05-21-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Map Ideas
    1) The game is called Infinite Crisis. Next year is the 30th Anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths. How about the Anti-Monitor's realm? Stone creatures attacking without warning, and Anti-Monitor himself lurking in the darkness. I see a Supergirl vs. Anti-Monitor rematch!

2) Inside Bruce Wayne's Mansion
    3) On a getting ready to explode Krypton
    4) Paradise Island
    5) On Apokolips... Darkseid lurking in the darkness
    6) In the Phantom Zone
    7) Inside Legion of Doom headquarters or the Swamp
    8) Smallville
    9) Swamp Thing's Swamp
    10) On board Brainiac's ship... Brainiac lurking in the darkness

DC- Thanks for the game... new settings would build the fan base.