Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Flash is OP

Re: Flash is OP

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Since early beta I've said that Flash's ult should be a horizontal pantheon ult. I can see it now, he does that goofy arm and leg pose before he starts his current ult for like 1-1.5 seconds then does an instant speed dash across the map, leaving a burning DoT trail behind him and dealing dmg and a knock up in an AoE when he reaches his target.

Very similar to your idea, Apothis.
    I'd rather not have another AWW/Supes ult.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by unilordx View Post
    Minor problem with this. The maps or sectors where we play are isolated areas in the Bleed, we are not in the Earth so running in a straight line to the starting point is technically impossible.
    I suppose it could be a limited range and just run in a quick back and forth motion. Takes away some of the cool factor IMO, but it would function somewhat like Lux's ult(from LoL) which could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Since early beta I've said that Flash's ult should be a horizontal pantheon ult. I can see it now, he does that goofy arm and leg pose before he starts his current ult for like 1-1.5 seconds then does an instant speed dash across the map, leaving a burning DoT trail behind him and dealing dmg and a knock up in an AoE when he reaches his target.

Very similar to your idea, Apothis.
    I like this idea too, but like xoulrath said, we already have 2 port/chase ults in the game(and that already feels like a bit much). Actually, it would be cool to have a combo of my above alteration with this one. He runs to his destination knocking enemies up at the target area in a small AoE, then makes a u turn and comes back, leaving a fire trail in his path.
    Last edited by Apothis; 03-29-2014 at 05:16 AM.

After giving it thought, the one defining ability that tips Flash over the top into being overpowered is obviously F=MA(his W). People say that one issue is that it just synergizes so well with Blue Scarab and Psi-Scimitar. However, I think the one thing people are overlooking is the fact that his W has no alterable factor, it's just an absolute value. He gains, instantly, max attack speed. There's no variable that acts as a limiter, it just peaks even when items and abilities associated with debuffing attack speed are in play.

What do I mean by this? I played a game recently with a Robin with Metallo's Heart and a Batman with his Cape Sweep(his E), and noticed it does nothing to stop him from immediately gaining that attack speed. This is wrong.

Instead of instantly gaining a flat max attack speed for X hits and Y seconds, Flash should instead have his W buff his attack speed by a percentage for Y seconds instead. It achieves the same effect, however it allows counter-play in the form of items and abilities that should normally be used to counter that stat he's raising.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 03-29-2014 at 10:43 PM.