Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last words to Coast City

Hey everyone, by now I'm sure you heard the news. As you know Coast City has been in rough shape... the doctors thought it'd get better with tomorrow's surgery but Turbine decided it'd be best for CC to just pass on gracefully.
    Let's all share our finest memories of the map before it is eventually removed entirely and Turbine promises us "IT'LL BE BACK THIS IS TEMPORARY!!!"

Re: Last words to Coast City

They better bring back CC!

The first time firing the DDD and melting the entire enemy team was the greatest feeling ever.

I remember my first cc game where i ran to the turret and started punching it until I died. First Moba how was I supposed to know drones gotta go in first.

Considering Harmony Obsydianyte's Avatar

The first and only time I played on Coast City was during a steam with Zag and I had no idea about how any of it worked because I'd only been playing Gotham Divided and Heights due to Marina's queues being redonk.

She SAID she'd explain to me how things worked and sorta kinda maybe did a little bit perhaps, so I just ended up following her around like a lost puppy, haha.

Lost Puppy Poison Ivy skin plz
    "Mmm... want to commune with nature~?" -Poison Ivy

~.::*Elite Founder*::.~
    Just call me Syd! ♡

Why is CC being phased out?!?!?!

I'm confused and unhappy with the fact the queue is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    Hey everyone, by now I'm sure you heard the news. As you know Coast City has been in rough shape... the doctors thought it'd get better with tomorrow's surgery but Turbine decided it'd be best for CC to just pass on gracefully.
    Let's all share our finest memories of the map before it is eventually removed entirely and Turbine promises us "IT'LL BE BACK THIS IS TEMPORARY!!!"
    >.> It is temporary... and you can still put together custom matches, so it shouldn't interfere with the CC Custom group. ^_^
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    >.> It is temporary... and you can still put together custom matches, so it shouldn't interfere with the CC Custom group. ^_^
    i.e. the entire CC player population

Is there any good reason though(there always is... I hope.)? I don't see the logic...

Quote Originally Posted by fourplusfive View Post
    i.e. the entire CC player population
    ahahaha. Shame it'll never grow back since the newbies won't even get to see what it's like competitively. It'll just be the practice map to them

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    >.> It is temporary...
    The year is 2047. The Infinite Crisis Olympics is celebrating its 30th anniversary. An old man rolls up to the main podium in his wheelchair, stands up weakly, removes his beanie, and says
    "To celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the IC Olympics... we are bringing back... Coast City... for the rest of the lunar cycle"
    The crowd is confused as they don't even know what Coast City is. They open their omnitools to look up the map, but suddenly the man at the podium starts laughing hysterically. He points up to the night sky... it's the new moon. Coast City is gone once again.
    "TOUCHDOWN" the man laughs.

moral of the story: Coast City is dead and won't be brought back and if it is brought back it'll probably cost Crisis Coins to play. Also don't trust the lunar cycle

The temporary closure is for people on all the servers to focus on the rest of the maps. They want people to test GD draft, GH ranking and so on. I personally don't have a problem firing off a custom or two nightly, or even in the afternoon. I'd get more in, but I am running special training courses very early in the morning for awhile yet. If you want to get in, follow the info here: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Nightly-Games. Even Pros and Devs show up to partake in the fun. And the only rule is to be a decent person. We can teach you how to play, it's no big deal. In fact I might make a habit of running practice groups for new guys too.

Now if you may stop your trolling, and participate in the resurgence of your favorite map, we will all be grateful. Once the focus testing is over, Coast City will be back up, but once again you won't queue for it, and just complain about the lack of players.

P.S. Celestrata, do you mind sticking my Coast City game somewhere where I don't have to keep bumping it past trolls/negative players for people to see it. The group is getting larger, but the new/newish population is still rather low. And those are the people I send invites out to first (after I get a couple of "captains") when I start the match lobby.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Colubriform: Shaped like a snake
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

21 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!