Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Nightmare Batman

I know, I know, it's one of those threads.

So yes, I've been playing vs Nightmare Batman almost -every- single match. If they get a few kills, they become a really big pain in the ***. But why, do you ask? Well. Imagine, having Rengar and Warwick from League of Legends in one packet. That seems to be a bit awesome right? To play as ofcourse, not to play against. Well I agree with oyu. It's one badass little package of death.

However, it is not fun. I do not enjoy it when a Nightmare Batman stealths up to me and ults me for half a century. I just don't see the fun in it. Is it OP? Maybe a little, maybe not. Is it fun? Definitely not. Do you want your game to be fun? Yes.

So yeah, maybe a tweak here and there could help it. Though those are my two cents. As someone who mains Catwoman. Supress for what feels like 40 seconds is my kryptonite.
    My wishlist for characters:

[ ] Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
    [ ] Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
    [ ] Supergirl
    [ x ] Batman
    [ x ] Goggles Catwoman

Re: Nightmare Batman

Are you by yourself when it happens? Where are your teammates? I think you see what I'm getting at here. NightBat is very strong at picking off people if you overextend or if you are wandering alone but if you have teammates he becomes easy to deal with. He's very squishy so I would suggest running in no less then packs of two when a Nightbat is on the other team unless you're playing an enforcer who can take the beating. Now you want to talk about annoying Flash is a slippery mother who doesn't care if you are by yourself, with your team, or standing on a turret. That guy will dash it two hit you and dash out. Wait till you run into a good one of those, you'll be wishin they picked Nightbat lol.

Joining Harmony

Coda + Suit of Sorrows will greatly help. He relies on life steal for sustain. The grievous wounds + high armor + reflect will substantially counter that.

It's never fun to play against your counter. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

In my opinion, the recent nerf to NMB was unnecessary and I still want to see Armor Pen added back to his E. It needs to be lower than it was previously, but he should have it. It helps him to dominate early-game and allows him to still be viable later on.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    In my opinion, the recent nerf to NMB was unnecessary and I still want to see Armor Pen added back to his E. It needs to be lower than it was previously, but he should have it. It helps him to dominate early-game and allows him to still be viable later on.
    You're just on a roll, everytime I see one of your posts I almost spit out whatever drink I happen to have at the time.

It's fun to go against full 5 man premades in solo queue, Aquaman doesn't do a lot of damage, and now this. Nightmare Batman's E needs armor penetration back on it. As if it wasn't a loaded, lazy skill as it is. It's already a no-brainer skill if you're fighting, running away from enemies, or trying to get to specific objectives. Just press it. No questions asked. It also doesn't even cost that much energy so it's not even at that big of a loss to him.

The problems typically associated with Warwick in League do not apply to Nightmare Batman here. He has no trouble gap closing or being kited, because not only does he have a non-situational self-movement speed buff, he also has access to a ranged slow. He also has no trouble clearing either jungle camps or lane creeps due to his W. Additionally in comparison, Nightmare Batman's ultimate does respectable damage(100% Bonus Attack Damage).

At the end of the day, I feel like Nightmare Batman is the type of hero whose kit is the true root of the problem and not numbers. So he'll either be very powerful or very lack luster because the numbers on his skills will be the target of repeated nerfs/buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    You're just on a roll, everytime I see one of your posts I almost spit out whatever drink I happen to have at the time.
    I'm not sure what I said that was funny. I think that NMB needs his Armor Pen back. I believe that going up against premades is fine IF you aren't stuck with new players/feeders. And I never said anything about Aquaman; I haven't even played the Champ yet. I think that he might be a bit OP based on a few games against him, but that could just be that he was fed, he is new and I don't know what to expect, etc.

Back on topic: As it is now, sure I have ZERO problem clearing the jungle. My top two Assassins have always been NMB and Flash (I mained NMB before I ever played Flash). So beleive me, I KNOW how powerful his jungle clear is, especially when compared to Flash. So he doesn't need help with the clear time, but the Pen isn't for that. NMB needs that Armor Pen early-game to secure a gank.

The issue that I have is his lackluster ganking pre-six. It's definitely possible to secure a kill on an overextender, but that's always been (and always should) be true. But when you go in for a gank on a target with half-health and you have your NMB and your teammate's Champ gunning the opponent down and still being unable to kill him, it's an issue. I'm tired of squishy targets that should be punished early by NMB getting away with 20 health. All because he lost that Armor Pen.

He doesn't need as much as he had. His E was basically a walking Coda Blade. But I do feel that he needs some back. They could just put it straight back on the E; or they could make it so you have to hit the target with Q to "mark" them. I know that there are already similar powers that work like this, but it then allows him to have AP only on the target(s) that get hit with the Q, rather than being able to switch over. And instead of getting it for the full duration or his E as he used to, if it were a mark that his Q applied, then it could last for 3, 4, or 5 seconds, whichever was most balanced. Or he could get X seconds of AP after coming out of stealth. Make that garbage W worth something.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    As if it wasn't a loaded, lazy skill as it is. It's already a no-brainer skill if you're fighting, running away from enemies, or trying to get to specific objectives. Just press it. No questions asked.

Additionally in comparison, Nightmare Batman's ultimate does respectable damage(100% Bonus Attack Damage).
    Well of course his E is lazy. NightBat was literally made to be baby's first assassin.

His Ult has good numbers, but can be interrupted by at LEAST half of the champions in the game.

But I do think his batarang is too competent. I remember they nerfed the damage but they need to do something with the slow as well. He can gank well early game because of it and can insure kills all the way into late game. That's the biggest problem skill to me as everything can be countered and/or has big cool down times

Wouldn't simply sticking with someone that can peel nightmare off of you (stun him out of his ulti) be the best solution to this? I'd figure organizing your weaker teammates into a double team while the other 3 roam (hopefully they are tanky or have escapes of some kind). In any case I'm sure he's just doing his job as an assassin, which is to pick off fragile, isolated targets.

It's not about numbers, it's about his gank strength. Invis + targeted 2 second suppress... Yeah there is a reason he is picked / banned in most scrims