Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by Grem357 View Post
    I dont know why they dont look at other games for ideas in order to face the problem. Takes counter Strike: Global Offensive system for example.

    Casual matches and 'serious' (ish!) competitive matches are separated (2 different modes). In casual you can do whaever you want with little to no implication (A reporting system would work fine and limit the number of reports as well as casual players are there for fun and very liley dont care if they lose!) while in competitive you are binded by the rules. Leaving would trigger a time out for competitive games for 30min/2hrs/24hrs/7 Days.

    Combined with an AFK kick system this works pretty well for that game. A slightly similar system could work wonders here... I just dont get why such thing isn't being looked at.

    Obviously this is only an subjective idea as the above works well for CS:GO for example, but nothing stops turbine from pinching ideas for matches moderation here and there.
    Are you seriously suggesting a kick/replace option for a MOBA game? Sorry buddy, this isn't an FPS and that is most certainly NOT a feasible answer to afkers...First MOBA for you I guess?

    I have been dealing with INSANE lag problems for the last 2 days, but I don't leave the matches. I played 1 game 2 days ago and stopped after that, then 3 last night in the hopes it would clear up and it didn't, then stopped. I didn't afk out of games though, however, I don't plan on loading the game up again till I get it all fixed through the support team. If I find out it IS server problems and nothing I can do on my end, then the game is gonna sit for a while till the next patch.
    twitch.tv/zlainfury - Usually stream between 7pm and midnight EST.

  2. #12
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by Grem357 View Post
    I dont know why they dont look at other games for ideas in order to face the problem. Takes counter Strike: Global Offensive system for example.

    Casual matches and 'serious' (ish!) competitive matches are separated (2 different modes). In casual you can do whaever you want with little to no implication (A reporting system would work fine and limit the number of reports as well as casual players are there for fun and very liley dont care if they lose!) while in competitive you are binded by the rules. Leaving would trigger a time out for competitive games for 30min/2hrs/24hrs/7 Days.

    Combined with an AFK kick system this works pretty well for that game. A slightly similar system could work wonders here... I just dont get why such thing isn't being looked at.

    Obviously this is only an subjective idea as the above works well for CS:GO for example, but nothing stops turbine from pinching ideas for matches moderation here and there.
    what makes you say it isn't being looked at? they already have said (and begun testing) that they will have both a ranked and unranked queue for each map so why wouldn't they be looking into harsher punishments for the ranked system.

    people, please stop confusing "not in the game at the moment" with "the devs are completely oblivious to the very concept of things and this thing will never be in the game because the devs have not come to me personally and shown me a five point implementation plan and working prototype".

  3. #13
    Protector Bearsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    779

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    I am 50/50 about it. Ha;f te time when I get a AFK its due to lag. I lost connection at the start of a match yesterday morning. Internet went out on my side. Who should blame. Me, the game or timewarner and a terrible NY bill that does not reflect the service?

    I do the like the idea of a penalty system in some ways. Ranked matches once in place should be looked at much more closely and have a enforced penalty system, but just playing for fun, People might crash or things might come up. Its a game. We should be enjoying our selves. We loose some. We win some.
    Ame-Comi Zatanna 7.2" figure raffle happens Nov-29 between 8 to 10pm Est. Don't miss the next BearsXstream Show!!!!

  4. #14
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Why people think that a time out/temp ban works in a free to play game when MOBAs are already notorious for smurf accounts is beyond me.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

    Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

    You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

    You stay classy Ron Burgandy

  5. #15
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    37

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    People are going afk for nothing. In some games they die one time and instantly afk.

  6. #16
    Joining Harmony Grem357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    170

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by ZlainFury View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting a kick/replace option for a MOBA game? Sorry buddy, this isn't an FPS and that is most certainly NOT a feasible answer to afkers...First MOBA for you I guess?

    I have been dealing with INSANE lag problems for the last 2 days, but I don't leave the matches. I played 1 game 2 days ago and stopped after that, then 3 last night in the hopes it would clear up and it didn't, then stopped. I didn't afk out of games though, however, I don't plan on loading the game up again till I get it all fixed through the support team. If I find out it IS server problems and nothing I can do on my end, then the game is gonna sit for a while till the next patch.
    No, not at all. I was merely talking about a cooldown period for leavers, but again I aint talking about copying another game, but really findnig a solution to the problem by looking at different options. AFK/Kicking work for the FPS format for example but it definitely wouldnt work for MOBAs due to the leveling in match however the cooldown period applied to accounts if a game if left could potentially work. This is of course only an example of other options that could be, with a bit of creativity, used in here.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post
    what makes you say it isn't being looked at? they already have said (and begun testing) that they will have both a ranked and unranked queue for each map so why wouldn't they be looking into harsher punishments for the ranked system.

    people, please stop confusing "not in the game at the moment" with "the devs are completely oblivious to the very concept of things and this thing will never be in the game because the devs have not come to me personally and shown me a five point implementation plan and working prototype".
    I dont know if it is being looked at or not. I was only mentionning taking inspiration from other games in order to find a solution. I am aware of the ranking system being mentionned however that s where it s at just now; only ever been mentionned.

    I do hope they come up with something good and I am sure they will. Just played a game where i queued for +10min and found myself with 3 AFKs and one feeder. They dont even reply when talking to them though. I offered to help them if they were new, but that didn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Why people think that a time out/temp ban works in a free to play game when MOBAs are already notorious for smurf accounts is beyond me.
    I would assume it would work to an extent. It definitely wouldnt erradicate the issue though.
    Last edited by Grem357; 03-21-2014 at 11:24 AM.

  7. #17

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    So, as we've said earlier, our initial investigations are turning up that the majority of AFKs that we see aren't people raging out or people quitting because they're losing. (Obviously these things do happen, but they are not the mass majority of cases.) Instead, the people who frequently AFK are new players who seem to fall into one of these two categories:

    1. Don't quite understand the game yet, and quickly leave after beginning a match or...
    2. Have a technical issue that prevents them from playing.

    Punishing these people doesn't do anyone any good, so instituting a harsher punishment system will not fix your issue. What we are doing to tackle this issue is the following:

    1. We've instituted practice mode, which is a good first step in teaching players the game. The team is actively working on a tutorial mode, as well as other features that can help teach how to play IC to newbies.

    2. Investigating crash bugs, connection issues, and looking into further optimizations for the game. Obviously this is still a beta, and there are still bugs in the game.

    These things will help reduce the afks you experience -- not further punishments.




    I do wish you made Practice mode a necessity. Force new players to play it until a certain level, OR institute a tutorial mode that teaches players the basic actions of the game.

  8. #18
    Protector Vegemike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Jersey....best state ever.
    Posts
    814

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by SMBuTTuRz View Post
    I do wish you made Practice mode a necessity. Force new players to play it until a certain level, OR institute a tutorial mode that teaches players the basic actions of the game.
    ^^^^^

    AND close thread please.

  9. #19
    Protector Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Until there is a REAL practice mode, for all maps, with actual bots, there isn't much point in restricting anything other than levels for matchmaking.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

  10. #20
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    154

    Re: ENOUGH. Do something about the AFK'ers thread. /Sign /I DEMAND! a HARSH Punish Sy

    Quote Originally Posted by Grem357 View Post
    I dont know if it is being looked at or not. I was only mentionning taking inspiration from other games in order to find a solution. I am aware of the ranking system being mentionned however that s where it s at just now; only ever been mentionned.

    I do hope they come up with something good and I am sure they will. Just played a game where i queued for +10min and found myself with 3 AFKs and one feeder. They dont even reply when talking to them though. I offered to help them if they were new, but that didn't work.
    actually the ranked queue has made an appearance in the game for testing (which I'd say is more then just a mention), it's been gone for a while since then, probably because they're still working on it, and because it got no real love from anybody, it took ages to find a match since the population was so small and you could queue for non-ranked and get in significantly faster.

    either way it's definitely coming and until then I just can't support any seriously harsh punishments.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •