Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Pro Teams in the queue not fun times for casuals

Hi,

I'm curious as to what benifit a pro team gets 'practising' against casual teams? By casual I do include premade teams of casual players. I had the unfortunate experience of playing against a pro team this morning and it was a complete non event for our team.
    There is not alot you can take away from a game against a team that is sitting on teamspeak crunching a team into the ground. I don't see what the pros get out of this type of game, would it not be better to play a custom match?
    I'm happy to learn from my experiences and have done just that playing with some very good players but a game like this doesn't seem to benifit anyone. It is of course better than AFK players but not by much. Maybe if there was a replay system in place it would be worth it for the review but until then....

cheers
    Robin use him because you should

Re: Pro Teams in the queue not fun times for casuals

I'm not sure what they get out of it either. Currently the way the queue matches you up is after 8 minutes it matches you with anyone. So... if you are in the queue for 8 minutes you get matched with their level. If they are in the queue for 8 minutes they get matched against anyone.

Once in, you can't leave or you get /reported as /leaver or /afker. You're kind of stuck while they face-wipe you on the board.

I'm new to MOBAs (learning more each time) and there's a LOT to try and figure out. Some of the matches clearly are very experienced teams. They can just camp your entrance areas and lock you at home base. They can even kill you on the "safe" path at home base. They know how to Jump En Mass so 4 land on you at one time.

I guess it's yucks for them....
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

I've been watching a lot of streams lately and it's always sad to see a nice streamer invite viewers to group up only to get steamrolled by actual teams on Gotham Divided.

Joining Harmony

There's not always the possibility of custom games for pro teams. More often than not, during daytime, there's at best 3 players online for each team. This is not enough to do customs, so they queue up as premades to get a 5v5 going any way.

I can see how it sucks, but always try to learn from what they're doing. That way you'll improve more rapidly than fighting a bunch of potatoes and you will be a much better player in no-time.

Easy Merit. Practice when they don't have the ability to do a scrim against other pro teams.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

I have no problem with it. When they are there, ask for advice, help with something you don't understand, or questions you have about the game, or them. Don't be too overbearing, and the nice ones will be happy to answer.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Zounds: Mild oath
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

18 No Death games in queue without an afk this patch!

This is not something that is uncommon in games like this. Of course, as the population continues to grow, this will happen less frequently. In the meantime take it as most of us here do, a chance to learn.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

I've been on both sides of this. I've stomped pubs with my teammates and I've solo qued and been placed against premades. Tbh, being on both sides of that is not fun. Stomping people mindlessly is boring. Being focused and stomped by a premade, equally boring. It's simply a matter of population size right now. =/

Also, as others have said, I know a lot of top tier players love to help new or inexperienced players and answer any questions you have.
    Last edited by coL_D3FAULT; 03-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    TWITTER:@awK_Nein
    TWITCH.TV:twitch.tv/icnein

I rather Play Against the Best Of The Best so it can sharpen my Blades after I defeat all your Rivals and enemies Im Pointing the Sword at you Complexity LOL(Disclaimer all In Fun Guys this statement is all in Fun To stir up some Friendly competition and Rivarly in no means Trash talk to those who are New to E Sports Scene. Peace)
    Hi I Am Solops A Hardcore Gamer I play games 24/7

Watch me Live on Twitch TV Playing LOL as Heimerdinger
    http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

Well, it's not necessarily about practicing. It's more about having fun playing a game together as a group of friends who all just happen to be on the same team. Real practice is for scrims.