Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Graphic Issue: Black Screen after clicking the play button

Well i tried to code block it, but the option isn't available on the quick reply, sorry for the huge code post. only the quote block was available to post with.

Turbine Customer Support IC_Mirthgar's Avatar

Re: Graphic Issue: Black Screen after clicking the play button

Quote Originally Posted by Magnizz View Post
    Same issue, fired it up after downloading it, new video card and all drivers up to date. New system build all together, first time running this game, but i play Elder Scrolls Online just fine, and Everquest as well. Here's my build, minus a few personal details.
    Code:
    Sound Devices
    -------------
                Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
     Default Sound Playback: Yes
     Default Voice Playback: Yes
                Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_18491151&REV_1000
            Manufacturer ID: 1
                 Product ID: 100
                       Type: WDM
                Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
             Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6873 (English)
          Driver Attributes: Final Retail
                WHQL Logo'd: Yes
              Date and Size: 3/29/2013 09:42:42, 3379272 bytes
    They're not excessively old but just in case check with Realtek here and install the latest drivers for the sound available (I believe they're just a bit newer than those for the Win7 64bit versions).

Also if you haven't yet go into Documents > InfiniteCrisis and rename the 'userpreferences' file over to 'OLDUserpreferences' before launching to test.

Last thing I'd recommend is downloading and running the DirectX web updater from here. (When you do be sure to download the file and run it from disk using right-click and run as admin. I've also had a few folks tell me that the first run almost always gives a 'newer version already installed' message but in a few rare cases a reboot and re-run of the file did have it detect and update a few files, I'd recommend the same as a 'just in case' here as well. My guess is there may have been a dx related file marked 'in use' when it did it's first try and possibly the reboot freed up the file but that's just a surmise.)