Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Every game has 1 second delay it's unplayable. I have my friend beside me playing dota 2 for a dota tournament with 30 ping and is completely fine. Every single game of IC has 1.5 second delay and it is ****ing unplayable. I don't care if you say you have the best servers top of the line blah blah. That means nothing if everyone is lagging.
    Last edited by Valafar; 03-22-2014 at 09:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Joining Harmony Varking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    336

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    I just posted in the tech forum, for the past two nights I have been having terrible lag in-game when I lag in no others. I also normally do not lag in this.

  3. #3
    Joining Harmony Aurun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    257

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Much constructive post
    Very polite
    Such tact

    Not everyone has this issue so... No wait, I'll let you figure that one out actually.

  4. #4

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    The guy with some decent answers has come to save the day, or just really piss you off.
    Short-handed Possible Reasons:
    1. The area you live in has a lot to do with lag, and I mean a lot. Some areas on the map have super bad issues with Turbine servers because of data infrastructure, ISPs, and so on.

    2. An increase in people. The game is growing, and a lot of people are logging on and off, making purchases, or sitting forever and a day afk on the splash screen. Expect this to be worked on soon, not SoonTM!

    3. Your rig. It may work fine with other games, but Turbine needs to iron our a few kinks in this game still to work better on a larger amount of equipment. It's a BETA! Also, it doesn't hurt to manually check for updates.

    4. Settings. Try turning down your settings (run in DX9 please) and see what happens. DX11 doesn't exactly work well for most people I seem to talk to. In fact the lag you're talking may be an issue associated with that.

    5. You have disturbed the force, and Turbine is sending Gremlins into your computer to restore balance.
    Last edited by Dycer94; 03-22-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

    I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

    The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

    Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

    Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

    I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

    I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

    "The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

    "KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

    One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

    The State of The_Dycer Adress

    Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

    38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

  5. #5
    Protector Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dycer94 View Post
    3. Your rig. It may work fine with other games, but Turbine needs to iron our a few kinks in this game still to work better on a larger amount of equipment. It's a BETA! Also, it doesn't hurt to manually check for updates.

    4. Settings. Try turning down your settings (run in DX9 please) and see what happens. DX11 doesn't exactly work well for most people I seem to talk to. In fact the lag you're talking may be an issue associated with that.
    Exactly. I have a PC, that while not the most beast out there, could destroy this game at max settings. But without optimization, it still runs better in DX9 than 10 or 11. I recently tried DX11 and I have noticed that the input delay lag, while intermittent, is back again. So I have to assume based on my past experience that I need to try running it in DX9 again, and I believe that the problem will alleviate itself.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

  6. #6
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurun View Post
    Much constructive post
    Very polite
    Such tact

    Not everyone has this issue so... No wait, I'll let you figure that one out actually.
    Take your ****** memes and leave.

  7. #7
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dycer94 View Post
    The guy with some decent answers has come to save the day, or just really piss you off.
    Short-handed Possible Reasons:
    1. The area you live in has a lot to do with lag, and I mean a lot. Some areas on the map have super bad issues with Turbine servers because of data infrastructure, ISPs, and so on.

    2. An increase in people. The game is growing, and a lot of people are logging on and off, making purchases, or sitting forever and a day afk on the splash screen. Expect this to be worked on soon, not SoonTM!

    3. Your rig. It may work fine with other games, but Turbine needs to iron our a few kinks in this game still to work better on a larger amount of equipment. It's a BETA! Also, it doesn't hurt to manually check for updates.

    4. Settings. Try turning down your settings (run in DX9 please) and see what happens. DX11 doesn't exactly work well for most people I seem to talk to. In fact the lag you're talking may be an issue associated with that.

    5. You have disturbed the force, and Turbine is sending Gremlins into your computer to restore balance.
    My god people, it's Latency lag. Not FPS learn the difference.

  8. #8
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Time of this report: 3/22/2014, 22:49:57
    Machine name: FLASH
    Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: M51AC
    BIOS: 0901
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16292MB RAM
    Page File: 2430MB used, 16164MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 650
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FC6&SUBSYS_35551458&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4034 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1986 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: 24EN33
    Monitor Id: GSM59D5
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3489 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.3489
    DDI Version: 11

    Just to please Celestra.

  9. #9

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    My god people, it's Latency lag. Not FPS learn the difference.
    My first two points covered this. Do you want me to start going into very deep analysis of what areas have what issues, what ISPs have communication problems, how a sudden, massive increase in activity effects servers, and so on? All the info has been put out there, explained until it was duller than watching paint dry, and then just when you thought people would understand, you had to do it all over again.

    And yes, there could be fixes on your end to help remedy the issue, but I won't be able to help you with your current outlook.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

    I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

    The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

    Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

    Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

    I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

    I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

    "The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

    "KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

    One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

    The State of The_Dycer Adress

    Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

    38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

  10. #10

    Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

    -Prepare yourselves, a sandstorm is coming-

    Well, I dont agree with the way this guy its expressing his point of view, but he's right about what he's talking about, sooo manyyyy people have lag (not fps lag, latency lag please understand the difference, if you dont know what it is, google may help you). Its annoying to play like that, but I dont complain a lot cause this still in beta and need some improves, but please people dont come here trash talking and trying to defend the servers, devs or whatever.

    In a future (not too far I hope) they'll fix those problems, but as I said before,,, stop trying to defend and negate the truth.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •