Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fix the lag, it's not our computers or connection.

I don't think that anyone is trying to defend anyone. I think that we are trying to help people and we are using logic to do so. I've been playing games for longer than the average MOBA player has been on this planet, so I'm quite certain that I know the difference betwwen framerate issues and latency.

Maybe it is a problem strictly to do with servers, but it doesn't mean that it's solely Turbine's fault. There are a lot of little issues at play that could affect the situation.

Put in a ticket and help Turbine nail down the issue.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    I don't think that anyone is trying to defend anyone. I think that we are trying to help people and we are using logic to do so. I've been playing games for longer than the average MOBA player has been on this planet, so I'm quite certain that I know the difference betwwen framerate issues and latency.

Maybe it is a problem strictly to do with servers, but it doesn't mean that it's solely Turbine's fault. There are a lot of little issues at play that could affect the situation.

Put in a ticket and help Turbine nail down the issue.
    Well theres my dxdiag, I don't see how that could help them.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyScarlett View Post
    -Prepare yourselves, a sandstorm is coming-

Well, I dont agree with the way this guy its expressing his point of view, but he's right about what he's talking about, sooo manyyyy people have lag (not fps lag, latency lag please understand the difference, if you dont know what it is, google may help you). Its annoying to play like that, but I dont complain a lot cause this still in beta and need some improves, but please people dont come here trash talking and trying to defend the servers, devs or whatever.

In a future (not too far I hope) they'll fix those problems, but as I said before,,, stop trying to defend and negate the truth.
    I am not denying it exists; I know it does. I outlined any, and every possible issue that can cause it, or the "illusion" of it at times. Many will say it's input when it's another issue, and I covered that too. There are many things at work causing problems. Some of them Turbine controls, others they couldn't fix even if they wanted to.
    And unfortunately you have to successfully troubleshoot it far enough to where you know "X" or "Y" is to blame for sure. You could be trash talking Turbine for an issue with your ISP, the Data Infrastructure, or even the Internet Gremlins. And until you can tell what the problem is, you can't fix it.

And if everyone with these issues stated where they lived, and what ISP they used, I'm sure you will see a correlation.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dycer94 View Post
    I am not denying it exists; I know it does. I outlined any, and every possible issue that can cause it, or the "illusion" of it at times. Many will say it's input when it's another issue, and I covered that too. There are many things at work causing problems. Some of them Turbine controls, others they couldn't fix even if they wanted to.
    And unfortunately you have to successfully troubleshoot it far enough to where you know "X" or "Y" is to blame for sure. You could be trash talking Turbine for an issue with your ISP, the Data Infrastructure, or even the Internet Gremlins. And until you can tell what the problem is, you can't fix it.

And if everyone with these issues stated where they lived, and what ISP they used, I'm sure you will see a correlation.
    If every single other MOBA out right now doesn't lag. Why should this, why should people even bother with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    Well theres my dxdiag, I don't see how that could help them.
    With these types of tickets you want to send a MSinfo file. Google how to do it.

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

If every single other MOBA out right now doesn't lag. Why should this, why should people even bother with this.
    You're saying every other game is seamless? I'm sorry, I find that is amusing. Try playing LoL when I started out with it. Infinite Crisis is a Godsend compared to so many other BETA games I've tested over the years. There may be some bugs, but they are still being worked out.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM

I had some lag issues myself in IC, but that definitely was my ISP(Connection). I still notice some lag spikes from time to time, but it is in acceptable levels.

How can you be 100% sure it is not your ISP causing the problems? Just because every other MOBA runs just fine?

Server location and your ISP-s connection with that server can mean a lot.

Where are you playing from?

No one's defending Turbine but I'm not saying it can't be something on his end either, I live in South America and there's no noticeable delay other than the eventual spike. However, being a dick about it in the forums is not the way to go if he wants to reach a solution or make Turbine aware of issues. In fact it might come as a surprise to some but being offensive rarely gets people any positive results.

tl dr Saying "everyone lags, your servers are ****" is wrong when you could be nice instead, that would probably gain you way more sympathy instead of making you look like an *** valafar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatiiv View Post
    I had some lag issues myself in IC, but that definitely was my ISP(Connection). I still notice some lag spikes from time to time, but it is in acceptable levels.

How can you be 100% sure it is not your ISP causing the problems? Just because every other MOBA runs just fine?

Server location and your ISP-s connection with that server can mean a lot.

Where are you playing from?
    Ontario Canada.

Ontario Canada.
    You forgot to include ISP. Your ISP means just as much as your location. Refer to things I posted before in this thread that you dismissed.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM