Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reason behind the terrible newbies and resulting afks - recommended builds

the recommended builds in this game are so bad. end thread

in all seriousness these recommended builds put new players at such a disadvantage its the reason (or part of it) that they feed so hard and rage afk
    for example the last game one was in he played robin, which aside from robin being awful to begin with, has deadshots visor and amulet of isis as first two items. are turbine that desperate to hammer into us that he is a support that they gimp his build so badly to make a point?
    mecha wonderwomans build is also awful, starting with blue scarab when she should just get some dmg. i wont go through them all(mostly because i dont remmeber them) but they seriously need a review.

maybe just have some sort of peer voted system? so that whatever gets voted for most becomes default?

Re: Reason behind the terrible newbies and resulting afks - recommended builds

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    the recommended builds in this game are so bad. end thread

in all seriousness these recommended builds put new players at such a disadvantage its the reason (or part of it) that they feed so hard and rage afk
    for example the last game one was in he played robin, which aside from robin being awful to begin with, has deadshots visor and amulet of isis as first two items. are turbine that desperate to hammer into us that he is a support that they gimp his build so badly to make a point?
    mecha wonderwomans build is also awful, starting with blue scarab when she should just get some dmg. i wont go through them all(mostly because i dont remmeber them) but they seriously need a review.

maybe just have some sort of peer voted system? so that whatever gets voted for most becomes default?
    I'm sure a peer voted system wouldn't be trolled at all with people purposefully voting for useless items. That wouldn't happen at all. =P

Protector

Deadshots is OK on Robin, his will costs are insane. The MWW recommended build wasn't improved to match her rework though and it is making a lot of random MWWs useless.

Deadshots Visor is CORE on Robin for multiple reasons.

1) Hes quite will hungry. Since robin cant heal his allies, he works more as a damage support. Maxing out your passive and applying it to enemies with q is key to be a successful robin. Spamming q takes a toll on his will though, which dead shots fixes.

2) HIS ENTIRE KIT SCALES ON WILL. Like this should make it an obvious choice. While they may not be huge bonuses, 4 out of 5 of his abilities scales off will.

3) The active gives him even more damage.
    Checkout my IC videos on www.youtube.com/BanditManSteve!

Deadshot's should always be bought on Robin.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

to level 2 maybe, the recommended build has him complete if before anything else, also amulet of isis? really?

Considering Harmony

I don't think recommended builds are reason why we have those "terrible newbies". I believe we have "terrible newbies" (using the same term you're using, even though I believe that's really immature) are there because they're inexperienced. Instead of flaming them or getting angry at them, tell them how to improve and help them learn the game. If you bring feedback positively, they're most likely to listen to you.

if i wanted to flame them i would have used much worse terms, they are new to the game, and because they are experienced, they are terrible at it, hence, terrible newbies, its descriptive.
    as they are inexperienced and learning the game the whole point of the recommended builds is to give them something easy to follow while they learn the mechanics of the game and map, and learn how to use their skills properly, but their efforts are being hamstrung by some of the worst build orders known to man, which is making it harder for them than it should be.
    I am trying to help them by telling the devs to stop screwing them over, so they can learn without the handicap.
    some of the newer recommended builds arent that bad, for example aquamans fairly ok, but a lot of them are just the worst.

I like the fact you offer a solution, which is more than most people does. But I agree, a peer review system would be trolled. Instead, why not make the sugestion dynamic? If the items suggested were based on the feedback (auto feedback from gathered data) of the best results with such Champion, the players would have a viable way to have good choices at hand.

Considering Harmony

if i wanted to flame them i would have used much worse terms, they are new to the game, and because they are experienced, they are terrible at it, hence, terrible newbies, its descriptive.
    as they are inexperienced and learning the game the whole point of the recommended builds is to give them something easy to follow while they learn the mechanics of the game and map, and learn how to use their skills properly, but their efforts are being hamstrung by some of the worst build orders known to man, which is making it harder for them than it should be.
    I am trying to help them by telling the devs to stop screwing them over, so they can learn without the handicap.
    some of the newer recommended builds arent that bad, for example aquamans fairly ok, but a lot of them are just the worst.
    The recommended items aren't that bad with the champions I played so far. They give you the basic stats you need to keep going, some survivabilty, some regen, some damage, whatever YOUR champions role is based on. The problem with the recommended items is, is that items are always situational. If you're against a heavy attack damage team you might want to get that extra attack armor item rather than power armor stuff. If you explain this to the player, there's a chance they might listen to you! They'll improve themselves with feedback more experienced players give and next time you meet them (if you will at all) they'll probably play slightly better.
    Those who refuse to listen to the feedback of better players will most likely stay bad. Why bother though? You probably won't see them again anyways.

There's not much they can do for recommended items as it's just hard basics, but it's still the same as like; telling people to read guides, it just doesn't work for a concept such as item builds, as items will always be situational!