Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do You Think a Spectator, Replay Mode and Unit Tester For IC Would be a Good Id

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPlatinum View Post
    IMO, Spectator Mode is extremely important both for e-Sports and for the community in general. It allows people to shoutcast without (a) having to play at the same time or (b) having their view limited to one player. With Spectator Mode, teams could start adding their own casters, and it would be possible to have full-featured (i.e. streamed) tournaments without Turbine's direct involvement.

An integrated replay system isn't as vital, as FRAPS and other screen recorders work fine with IC.
    Totally this. Except that replays would mean time-delayed casting possibilities, and so also help us shoutcasters.

Re: Do You Think a Spectator, Replay Mode and Unit Tester For IC Would be a Good Id

I can answer you immediately. Yes.
    Every game that have intention to call it's self "Pro-Game" needs to have Replays.
    So on the Road Map to Pro Game Replays are on the first step. The rest is optional, but will increase the interest of Teams, friends, players.
    Spectating a friend match.
    Watching a Pro-Match inside Game.
    Reconnect to a game if connection was lost ( I think you got that sorry )

Those are the things now in Pro-Games. About Unit Tests, I assume that is for the Programmers to decide. Are you talking about Code Unit Tests? Naturally they are very good in programing but this is not something for the community to decide.

If some one still asks why Replays? You have never really played Pro Game/ Managed Team or so on. Having replays is a MUST not a future for a Pro Game. Just point me a Pro game that don't have them

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    This is a silly topic. There is almost no reason why these wouldn't be good ideas. The real question is "are they worth investing time on over other things at this moment in time?" To that, the answer is no. Still too early to be worth it. Let them focus on releasing champs, balancing the maps and optimizing the game.
    Silly Topic? Mythical beast? poorly translated Novella? ? little sarcasm? a little Innuendo? are you going to say just Kidding next? Please Paradigm in all seriousness Keep it Off my Threads Thank YouPlease Keep On Topic without the Little insults Do You Think a Spectator, Replay Mode and Unit Tester For IC Would be a Good Idea? Yes Or No And Why And keep the Thread Respectful Trolls and Thread Hijakers will be NightBatted don't even try iT Have a Great Day!
    Last edited by solopsIC; 03-29-2014 at 06:28 AM.
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

So, devs... any ETA on Spectator Mode and/or Replays? I'd love to hear more about the current status of this, as to whether I can expect it any time soon.

Isn't the ability already coded in there or is the tournament setup on Twitch separate software not made by Turbine?
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

What exactly is a unit tester?

ETA? Not at this time. While they are obviously all great ideas (and ones that we've talked about internally), there are some technical hurdles that we need to first overcome before we can begin to consider rolling out a version of spectator mode or replays.

When we get closer to finding a solution though, y'all will hear about it from us quite loudly.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    "Have you learned your lesson yet, mortal?" -- Nightmare Catwoman

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

So, about that Spectator Mode and those Replays... any more news? ETAs? I look forward to being able to host tournaments and the like, and without it, that's a no-go other than things like the 1v1 tourney...

Quote Originally Posted by cg_paradigm View Post
    This is a silly topic. There is almost no reason why these wouldn't be good ideas. The real question is "are they worth investing time on over other things at this moment in time?" To that, the answer is no. Still too early to be worth it. Let them focus on releasing champs, balancing the maps and optimizing the game.
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by JekeTeMata View Post
    Spectator mode is good but imo replays are even more important, they are key in strategy games and a good replay system implemented would be a major benefit to the game
    This.

10chars