Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Providing Harmony

Re: Suit of Sorrows- Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by IC_DangerDan View Post
    Hey all!

This is a great topic that gets into some nitty-gritty details about ordering. As I've been looking into this recently myself, I thought I would share the current behavior as well as some thoughts about possible changes.

First: How it is...
    Presently, Damage Reflection (both Attack and Power) is calculated on the damage after the incoming damage is mitigated. Further, the damage sent back to the attacker is not mitigated. So, similar to the #1 scenario above.

That means that as you protect yourself more from the damage type you would reflect, you reflect less at your attacker. Also, that your attacker's defenses are immaterial to what does eventually come back to them.

Second: Where we're thinking of going...
    We are considering changing this behavior. While that evaluation is still in the works, here's the approach that's currently top on my list. I'll share it with you all, and maybe you can give me your reactions.

Proposed Change: Damage Reflection is calculated on the raw damage dealt, before mitigation and the damage reflected back is of the same type dealt and can be mitigated on the receiving end.

Personally, I prefer this implementation because it means that a player can choose to build Reflection and armor without the two stats undermining each other. I also like it because the armor of the original attacker become relevant. It may also mean that some of our reflection numbers will need to be reexamined, but, as I said, we're still evaluating potential changes.

What do you all think?
    Either way is fine, but if reflected damage cannot be mitigated it should be white and not yellow, because I have been responding to attack damage reflect with attack armour because it is yellow and this is misleading.

@IC_DangerDan You have the Dycer seal of approval.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words
    Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

Agreed. I assumed the suit currently worked as it does, but was hoping it worked similar to what you are saying. Someone like GasCat is likely using no armor at all, so she would have to consider buying some (limiting her attack ability). Someone like Doomsday would be a bit tankier, so it would kind of balance out since he is not doing the same damage as GasCat, etc.

Option 2, please!

would we see this in the April update?

Going back to my original statement about critical hits, how does the suit effect them? I remember all too many times when I had the full 40% reflect with a lot of armor and health, and getting hit with huge crits and not seeing the source lose barely any life while I lost a huge chunk of my bar. This happened seemingly all the time with cat woman's old Q set up. And no, most of the times there was no lifesteal involved. So does critical hits, or bonus damage from Joe Chill's effect bypass the attack reflect?
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

I personally like option 2 ..I think tanks need a bit of help since gettin pen is so easy..

on this note..why only 10% power reflect..I think mirror mask should be 15% with a mod for an extra 5% ..

reasons..late game Gcat, and Flash ...the just melt threw tnks even if they stacked nuthin but the correct armor...yet stacking al AD or PD only makes them hit harder and harder
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

I just wanna stop by and stamp my seal of approval to the change

Considering Harmony

I think that's a great change, and I have the same question as Dycer. Does it do anything on crits? It doesn't seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by BillikenMafia View Post
    I think that's a great change, and I have the same question as Dycer. Does it do anything on crits? It doesn't seem to.
    This is why I have asked for Crit. Defense before. Something that can dampen down crits as a late game item. Of course, it needs to have some other good stats with it.
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn