Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: Abin Sur's Lantern / Deadshot Visor

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    A team that backs off in the face of heals loses to being outsustained...

The healing reduction ONLY affects heals anyway, you have shields and CC as well. Harley isn't food for a smart AWW with a coda blade - she has enough self peel that AWW needs both Qs AND her ult to stick to her through her knockback and ult, and she's not gonna let you just stack up passive on creeps either. Ivy and Robin of course counter AWW in their own strong ways.

I'm not saying that a Lantern 2/Deadshots 2 start wins duels, it doesn't because it has no health or damage early on and you don't have enough health/cc early on to stop most damage coming from autoattacks (unless you're Ivy in which case you can trade and back off and get away with the Lantern 2 start). Let me find an actual support player to argue with you.
    Ya, you do that. I don't want to be that guy but I find it hard to take someone's opinion seriously when they are completely wrong about basic things such as cooldown timers (Harley's heals would be amazing if it was on a 6s cooldown, that would literally be a 100% boost to her current healing; even factoring full CDR gear you're still off by 40%). Instead, her heals per second is slightly better than a kryptonian war armor (no CDR, enough will to get 400 heals), and equal to a maxed ruby of life (full CDR, 400 heals), while also requiring to spam a spell a spell every 3 seconds for 10 minutes (impossible to do as Harley as both Q and W require targets).
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 03-31-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

I personally find that Lantern/Deadshots are fine as they are at the moment. Whether I get Dreamstone, Lantern, Deadshots, etc really depend on who I am playing, their ratios, and what not. I fail to see the reason not to get Lantern if the champion you are playing has a 17.5%-15% will ratio though and/or more then one will ratio.

I agree somewhat with the OP. Even with the 1.5%(wrongly stated as 2%) mod for Deadshot's Visor it's very lack luster for the AD, though admittedly it makes it up a bit with the active....However, Abin Sur's Lantern isn't a worthwhile investment for any PD blaster whatsoever. While decent for supports, it's a pointless pickup for anyone actually seeking to do damage. I think the biggest disappointment with it is that there's no active on it like the AD equivalent in Deadshot's Visor, and unlike League of Legends there's no big payout for getting max stacks(might be an idea).

I think it would be cool if Abin Sur's Lantern got a shield active you could activate for X% of your current will, not just on yourself but others as well.

Would serve multiple purposes.

1). Gives it an awesome additional use for supports.
    2). Increases survivability for blasters a bit.
    3). Fits with the lore of the item(as Green Lanterns typically encase themselves in shields/auras).
    4). Gives the item a bit more skill to it(knowing when to use shield, remembering to actually use the shield, etc.).

Would also differentiate it from the LoL equivalent.
    Last edited by TeaSeeOh; 03-31-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSeeOh View Post
    I agree somewhat with the OP. Even with the 1.5%(wrongly stated as 2%) mod for Deadshot's Visor it's very lack luster for the AD, though admittedly it makes up with the active....However, Abin Sur's Lantern isn't a worthwhile investment for any PD blaster whatsoever. While good for supports, it's a pointless pickup for anyone actually seeking to do damage. I think the biggest disappointment with it is that there's no active on it like the AD equivalent in Deadshot's Visor, and unlike League of Legends there's no big payout for getting max stacks(might be an idea).

I think it would be cool if Abin Sur's Lantern got a shield active you could activate for X% of your current will, not just on yourself but others as well.

Would serve multiple purposes.

1). Gives it an awesome additional use for supports.
    2). Increases survivability for blasters a bit.
    3). Fits with the lore of the item(as Green Lanterns typically encase themselves in shields/auras).
    4). Gives the item a bit more skill to it(knowing when to use shield, remembering to actually use the shield, etc.).

Would also differentiate it from the LoL equivalent.
    But a shield would just negate the Oa gambit.

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    But a shield would just negate the Oa gambit.
    Well, I meant that you could activate it to place on someone other than yourself, it still being one shield. However, it would still be similar to Oa's Gambit.

Hmmm, I really dunno what active you could give it other than that, honestly.

I meant that you could activate it to place on someone other than yourself, it still being one shield. However, it would still be similar to Oa's Gambit.

Well, it could be something like you gain a percentage of an opponents will they spend on a skill that hits you, or a long cooldown skill that would give health regen based on a percentage of the Will cost of the skill that the enemy used. It wouldn't do well against Energy based or Rage based champions though.

Well, I meant that you could activate it to place on someone other than yourself, it still being one shield. However, it would still be similar to Oa's Gambit.

It could be something like "increases healing done" rather than healing received of the armor to basically cement it as a controller item.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason_Joekel View Post
    Also I was wondering if Turbine had a reason for the difference in mods for these items. Abin Sur's Lantern mod gives you double stacks at rank 2, whereas Deadshot's Visor gives you double stacks at rank 3. Why?
    That was a bug.

You may be able to find a dev post on it, in the dev tracker section.

I wish Deadshot's/Abin Sur's Will battery stacked. I have made a high Will Green Lantern prime that I have ran some numbers. The lowest point is-
    At 1400 Bonus Will:
    4%=54 PD
    3%=42 PD
    -------------
    96 PD & 14AD+<3%x2>

At 2400 Bonus Will (max)
    4%=96
    3%=72
    -------------
    168 PD & 24 AD+<3%x2>

All artifacts max with 0 lantern stacks:
    534.3 PD (5.4 Ppen w/ Augs +35%)

All artifacts max with max lantern stacks:
    627.9 PD (5.4 Ppen w/ Augs +35%)

627.9 w/ 2400 Bonus Will means I can fire devastating hits for a very long time.
    There are other benefits to this build such as healing for 91-131 Health per K/-/A.
    489.3 PD + 24 AD+<3%x2> with each basic attack after skill/2sec. Possibly to multiple targets.
    Even though I have not stated what items I use I'm pretty sure these numbers are correct. Making Green Lantern prime a devastating champ.