Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matching system

Considering Harmony

Re: Matching system

I personally love going against the tagged players. I am the type of person who's always looking to improve though. You learn so much from them and it's nice to pick up their tendencies so you beat up on them next time

But I think we can all agree we do need a bigger playerbase. Invite all your friends to play and maybe the skill gap of who you're placed against won't be so wide. I remind my MOBA friends to get on this game all the time. I love it so much. Might as well get referral points while you're at it!

And Dannin pls, before you even mention it...I don't play Green Arrow every game!

As long as Ranked-Ques arent out you as a Single-Player will eventually play against Pre-Mates as there are not enough Players playing this Game at the moment.
    What i think should be done is that the normal Que should not allow People to play with more than two friends, so new Players are not sick of the Game
    after their first Game.

I can understand that People play so much Pre-Mate becouse nearly everybody is doing it and they get stomped if they dont do it aswell.

As someone who has participated since the closed beta, waiting 8 mins is a very long time to get into a match. I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea that the open beta hasn't improved the wait times at all. When the wait times are improved (i.e. don't take 4 mins +), then the teams are very unbalanced and matches are one sided because half the people don't have a clue of what they are doing.

Considering Harmony

Putting high level premades with custom amps and all stolen powers against new players is a recipe for failure.

I guess I'm not surprised that the game is almost dead despite it being open beta...

I think the main thing that puts people off this game is getting wrecked/steam rolled by a very competent pre-made team and the fact that you really have to grind out matches to get merit points to unlock characters you really like. Maybe if the rewards for gaining Protector levels were great and came more often people would stick with the game. Other MOBAS (I'm not going to mention names) expanded their playerbase by rewarding their players during holidays or heck just because they felt like it.

You have a very valid point trucane. Those factors do play a role in preventing new players from continuing with the game.

Considering Harmony

this wouldnt happen if ranked games were up already but for reasons that only DEVS know it isnt up.Until then we have to deal with this broken matchmaking or they find a solution to ppl dont get angry.

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Chlupdog View Post
    As someone who has participated since the closed beta, waiting 8 mins is a very long time to get into a match. I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea that the open beta hasn't improved the wait times at all. When the wait times are improved (i.e. don't take 4 mins +), then the teams are very unbalanced and matches are one sided because half the people don't have a clue of what they are doing.
    I got into the beta shortly after Batman was released, and back then the waiting period to get into GH was 2 minutes. When coast city became available, it was considered the long wait map, which was about 4 minutes back then. I don't know what's going on with the game, the waiting times are getting longer since open beta. I hope that isn't an indication that the game is in a bad place.

I think the long waiting period issue can be handled if the developers would allow multiple map queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Macacos View Post
    this wouldnt happen if ranked games were up already but for reasons that only DEVS know it isnt up.Until then we have to deal with this broken matchmaking or they find a solution to ppl dont get angry.
    Queuing times for normal games is getting longer and you want to add something that would split, the already small player pool up? You may want to rethink that one there sir.

But I agree, I don't know why new players not coming in? I just played 4 matches of GH, and I kid you not, at least 4 out of the 10 people where in the previous games , just on different side. Also it kinda sad to see this game has to be promote by Twitch themselves for it to be in a visible place.

Don't know why this game is not getting more attention. Makes me a sad panda.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Just disable grouping for queue, or allow only groups of 2 people for now. If someone wants full premade, create a custom game.