Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Protector

Gotham Divided EMPs.

Alright I just wanted to make a quick post on EMPs.

Currently, they're game-deciding objects. They are almost more influential than the Raider & Leviathan beacons and make the game incredibly snowbally. I'll put a few points below explaining why I think EMPs should be moved, removed or changed:

1. EMPs on the sidelane means that if one team is slightly winning laning phase, they can shove the lane into the turret & then take the EMP. Since it barely does damage even at level 1, and it's not that tough in terms of HP, it makes lanes who are even slightly ahead super snowbally.
    2. EMPs disable a turret for 4 seconds, tier 2 ones disable them for 8 seconds. This is pretty insanely strong for killing a weak monster in a lane that spawns at level 1. Once one team gets ahead even slightly, they will be able to control both EMPs and keep using them to dive their way into an even bigger advantage.
    3. Having poke on a losing team can often deter turret dives by lowering the health of the enemy team ( who is sieging). However in this game, there's not really any sieges going on. It's just a whole team grouping up, dropping an EMP in the turret and boom, there it goes. Again, so snowbally.

What I would suggest is either one of these:

1. Buff the EMP drones bigtime. Make it spawn later and give it a lot more health and damage. Like, damage & healthwise between a beacon camp and Raider. This will stop the early lane winning snowball party because a solo or duo lane will not be able to take it without investing heavily with health & will, time & possibly the help of a jungler. Also they will not be able to take it at level 1/2 like right now, which often results in insanely effective level 2-3 towerdives once the jungler has backed and picked up the beacon.
    2. Remove the EMP drones from the sidelanes. Give the raider a tier 2 EMP beacon instead. Possibly replace the sidelane drones with ones that have a smaller radius Vision Turret that originally was dropped by Raider. This can be combined with option #1.
    3. Remove the EMP drones completely. This would make the game less unique, I know, but they are really game-deciding snowballmagnets. And for a beacon with an enormously influentual effect like this, it shouldn't be nearly as easy to get as it is right now.

This post is subject to change due to typos, and I would love more feedback on this.

Re: Gotham Divided EMPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason_Joekel View Post
    Alright I just wanted to make a quick post on EMPs.

Currently, they're game-deciding objects. They are almost more influential than the Raider & Leviathan beacons and make the game incredibly snowbally. I'll put a few points below explaining why I think EMPs should be moved, removed or changed:

1. EMPs on the sidelane means that if one team is slightly winning laning phase, they can shove the lane into the turret & then take the EMP. Since it barely does damage even at level 1, and it's not that tough in terms of HP, it makes lanes who are even slightly ahead super snowbally.
    2. EMPs disable a turret for 4 seconds, tier 2 ones disable them for 8 seconds. This is pretty insanely strong for killing a weak monster in a lane that spawns at level 1. Once one team gets ahead even slightly, they will be able to control both EMPs and keep using them to dive their way into an even bigger advantage.
    3. Having poke on a losing team can often deter turret dives by lowering the health of the enemy team ( who is sieging). However in this game, there's not really any sieges going on. It's just a whole team grouping up, dropping an EMP in the turret and boom, there it goes. Again, so snowbally.

What I would suggest is either one of these:

1. Buff the EMP drones bigtime. Make it spawn later and give it a lot more health and damage. Like, damage & healthwise between a beacon camp and Raider. This will stop the early lane winning snowball party because a solo or duo lane will not be able to take it without investing heavily with health & will, time & possibly the help of a jungler. Also they will not be able to take it at level 1/2 like right now, which often results in insanely effective level 2-3 towerdives once the jungler has backed and picked up the beacon.
    2. Remove the EMP drones from the sidelanes. Give the raider a tier 2 EMP beacon instead. Possibly replace the sidelane drones with ones that have a smaller radius Vision Turret that originally was dropped by Raider. This can be combined with option #1.
    3. Remove the EMP drones completely. This would make the game less unique, I know, but they are really game-deciding snowballmagnets. And for a beacon with an enormously influentual effect like this, it shouldn't be nearly as easy to get as it is right now.

This post is subject to change due to typos, and I would love more feedback on this.
    Hey there, thanks for the feedback. We have actually been raising the question where the EMP actually sits internally as well. We are working on some new mechanics to put the EMPs into a better place balance wise, and at the same time trying to keep it so that it's an effective way to push down the towers and end the game. We will definitely take your feedback into consideration.

I'm completely against the removal of EMP beacons, they are very unique to the map. But I agree that they help snowball in the map too much.

As it stands right now, Leviathan and Reaver (?) are much less important than EMP.

EMP needs to be something a team should fight for, even if it's just one buff that someone can activate and knock out all enemy towers for a short period of time.

Maybe the can replace the jungle creatures and have them randomly rotate through buffs, so that EMP can't be locked down for your team so readily and bring more initiative for jungle/counter jungle play.

I actually like the idea of raider droppin the emp buff and the creatures on top and bot lane droppin the camera tower..reasons being...laners need the cameras more, emp is very needed and this makes raider a more important target (( so many games Im trynna get m team to come help with raider or lev and nope..does no one realze they also give good exp and gold)).

also I agree the jungle cretures in bot and top lane need a up boost..real easy to kill..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

Protector

Great to hear you're looking into this. And I'm glad I got a response to this thread at last. Was starting to worry I was the only one with this opinion . I'm not crazy YAY

Imo, the Emps are an awesome addition, and mostly fine as they are. Good teams know they are a valuable resource that needs to be controlled.

There shouldn't be much reward for sitting under your tower all game-if you wanna give up mid, then you give up the EMP. That you can kill the person holding it before they even get close to be using it is balance enough for me.

Tho I suppose they could be made tougher to kill, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarmin View Post
    Imo, the Emps are an awesome addition, and mostly fine as they are. Good teams know they are a valuable resource that needs to be controlled.
    They need to be moved, at least.

When winning one lane can help you crush any other lane you want by getting a free kill/tower in any other lane then that is not balanced. Especially when they can be taken at any point in the game and so early.

I Love EMPs, absolutely love them. As they stand they are a very engaging way to force extremely-early combat in the competitive scene. Almost every match I've witnessed has had EMP taken at level 2. However, in a non-competitive game the EMP is too easy for a coordinated team to control and gives the team with an advantage an even stronger advtange. It's my opinion that they should stay where they are but be like mini raiders. The EMP pad is on a completely different level, tactically, than Speed and Health.

The fact that Fantus replied means that it's heading in the right direction, though.

Protector

How about making it so that if the enemy EMP can be disabled by a friendly EMP? It's worth looking into, to make some counter play possible. Along with moving then and buffing the drones that carry them it will make games less snowbally.