Alright I just wanted to make a quick post on EMPs.
Currently, they're game-deciding objects. They are almost more influential than the Raider & Leviathan beacons and make the game incredibly snowbally. I'll put a few points below explaining why I think EMPs should be moved, removed or changed:
- EMPs on the sidelane means that if one team is slightly winning laning phase, they can shove the lane into the turret & then take the EMP. Since it barely does damage even at level 1, and it's not that tough in terms of HP, it makes lanes who are even slightly ahead super snowbally.
- EMPs disable a turret for 4 seconds, tier 2 ones disable them for 8 seconds. This is pretty insanely strong for killing a weak monster in a lane that spawns at level 1. Once one team gets ahead even slightly, they will be able to control both EMPs and keep using them to dive their way into an even bigger advantage.
- Having poke on a losing team can often deter turret dives by lowering the health of the enemy team ( who is sieging). However in this game, there's not really any sieges going on. It's just a whole team grouping up, dropping an EMP in the turret and boom, there it goes. Again, so snowbally.
What I would suggest is either one of these:
- Buff the EMP drones bigtime. Make it spawn later and give it a lot more health and damage. Like, damage & healthwise between a beacon camp and Raider. This will stop the early lane winning snowball party because a solo or duo lane will not be able to take it without investing heavily with health & will, time & possibly the help of a jungler. Also they will not be able to take it at level 1/2 like right now, which often results in insanely effective level 2-3 towerdives once the jungler has backed and picked up the beacon.
- Remove the EMP drones from the sidelanes. Give the raider a tier 2 EMP beacon instead. Possibly replace the sidelane drones with ones that have a smaller radius Vision Turret that originally was dropped by Raider. This can be combined with option #1.
- Remove the EMP drones completely. This would make the game less unique, I know, but they are really game-deciding snowballmagnets. And for a beacon with an enormously influentual effect like this, it shouldn't be nearly as easy to get as it is right now.
This post is subject to change due to typos, and I would love more feedback on this.