Community Advocate PeterPlatinum's Avatar

In Support of a Friendlier Community

The following is from Tycho's (Jerry Holkins) post on Penny Arcade earlier this week. Some words of wisdom to take into your next trial:

Games like LOL or COD or DOTA or HALO (which I don’t think needs to be capitalized, but I was on a roll) have reputations for being primitive societies where humans are instructed re: hierarchy at the edge of a blade. Except I have bad experiences literally everywhere I go, in every game, and I don’t even talk. I think people see it in those games because they are the most popular games on earth, and people play them. It’s not a localized phenomenon.

The “Veterancy” on display is more a mindset than an expression of a specific skillset, and it’s not hard to find it. You can’t actually be a veteran of a quasi-game that isn’t out, but you can absolutely be kind of an a**hole, and you can drape your behavior over the wicker framework of your profound incredibility which never really seems to be on display. Definitely be sure to use terms you and your friends agreed were cool, and then behave as though they’re internationally recognized IEEE designators. That’s sure to crack the towers in bottom lane.
    Former webmaster of Justice League Infinite. Tastiest Bait NA. Follow me on Twitter @Peter_Platinum for the newest champion and costume sales every Wednesday!

------

Booster Gold: Let me be perfectly clear: I have never, ever let my name or likeness be used to sell adult diapers.
    — Dan Jurgens, Justice League International #1 (2011)

Green Lantern: Barry...Did you...shoot him in the crotch?
    The Flash: Well, that's where the ring said his weakness was.
    Green Lantern: Nice.
    — Brian Buccellato, The Flash Annual #2 (2013)

Re: In Support of a Friendlier Community

Good read. Especially liked the HoTS reference. That mindset appeared in this game too, if you go back through posts even to early closed beta you'll see people complaining about newbies.

Even now the sentiment holds true. The game has been open to the public for less than two months.

I still cant believe there still people raging for not just newplayers, but forpeople training with one, i had guy talking trash to our GA because he was still learning GA, and told to basicly "deinstall noob blah blha bl". sadly, the game crashed and couldn't report him, but i don't know how is that these days we have peoplelike this.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Kill em with kindness, lucho

1 part anonymity of the internet
    1 part baseless ego
    1 part competitive play

Wha la! You've just created your standard player of FPS/MOBA games.
    Such an enjoyable game, too bad the devs are slow and the players are children.

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZlainFury View Post
    Wha la!
    The phrase is voila, literally French for "see there". Just fixing blind spots.

I know and meant what i typed.
    Such an enjoyable game, too bad the devs are slow and the players are children.