Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: meta on marksman broken

Quote Originally Posted by Gruwolf View Post
    You cant argue with Zlain, he has too much experience being an aszhat, thus beating you with a long resume
    He didn't even make a counter point...he said some random thing with 0 context and no relation to what was being talked about...Who is the bigger troll? Me? Or the guy that goes to all the threads I post on and makes innane comments about me that have 0 relevance to the topic at hand? O that would be you. And i'm the troll cause I had a better argument on a thread. Get over yourself you ****in hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbungle74 View Post
    I've played one game with dual junglers. One Gascat and One Mechasupes. It worked amazingly. However, that was just one game. And one run proves nothing. Still..... I think it has potential. The junglers are constantly farming their jungles, counter jungling, and ganking every lane. OK well that's a bit much, but it's not that bad of an idea. That way you have your enforcer solo, your blaster solo, and your marksman solo. The jungles will suffer a bit in farm but I find myself as a jungler in this game constantly going from lane to lane trying to get ganks in, so I usually feel a bit behind anyways. Just a thought.
    Double jungle is only viable on Coast City.
    Last edited by ZlainFury; 04-09-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Such an enjoyable game, too bad the devs are slow and the players are children.

Umm ZlainFury, normally I wouldn't reply to someone like you, because I really do not care to make you aware of how your behavior affects others, however, I will make an exception this time, pro bono.

I wasn't commenting on your post to begin with, so why would I address someone who makes such negative comments? Typically, I wouldn't. With that being said, it's obviously that in your mind only your opinion matters. If that is what works for you, great... perhaps you find it cathartic? You are allowed to have your opinion and allowed to feel that my comments or anyone else's are extremely subjective and do not merit any sort of consideration. You can say my comments or anyone else's are completely off-topic. It's cool. I don't know you and do not care to.

I just wanted you to know that. So, in the future, try not to be too confused when someone does not bother taking an extra minute to reply to you, or make a "counter point."
    Last edited by ubaoski; 04-09-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubaoski View Post
    Umm ZlainFury, normally I wouldn't reply to someone like you, because I really do not care to make you aware of how your behavior, however, I will make an exception this time, pro bono.

I wasn't commenting on your post to begin with, so why would I address someone who makes such negative comments? Typically, I wouldn't. With that being said, it's obviously that in your mind only your opinion matters. If that is what works for you, great... perhaps you find it cathartic? You are allowed to have your opinion and allowed to feel that my comments or anyone else's are extremely subjective and do not merit any sort of consideration. You can say my comments or anyone else's are completely off-topic. It's cool. I don't know you and do not care to.

I just wanted you to know that. So, in the future, try not to be too confused when someone does not bother taking an extra minute to reply to you, or make a "counter point."
    You quoted me and then commented with something that has nothing to do with what was being talked about in this PUBLIC thread, How is that not replying to me?

Person like me? Defensive? sure am, but that's it. I didn't flame you or anything, I did flame the ****** that's been following me on the forums cause he's butt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZlainFury View Post
    You quoted me and then commented with something that has nothing to do with what was being talked about in this PUBLIC thread, How is that not replying to me?

Person like me? Defensive? sure am, but that's it. I didn't flame you or anything, I did flame the ****** that's been following me on the forums cause he's butt hurt.
    Are you grotesque1?

Quote Originally Posted by ubaoski View Post
    Are you grotesque1?
    Go back and look at the posts on page 2. I assume you're either trying to be sarcastic, or you're too inept to figure out the forums and you quoted me and posted dumb **** on accident.

I will also say this. This game is significantly closer in design to LoL than to DotA2. Its already been stated by the developers that the map is designed with a jungle in mind, not 2, not a tri lane, 1 jungle. That gives you 4 other people to utilize on the map, gasp, just like in LoL. MOBA MATH NERDS came up with this iteration of the meta based on running numbers. It wasn't "LoL players thinking this is the way it should be" Now granted, numbers are a little different here with passive gold sharing in lane, which is why there is talk about trying to force the meta shift to have support and your typical solo top going together instead of the adc. But ADCs are too squishy to deal with 1v2 involving fast moving/blinking/stealth champions for that to work.

LoL calls ADCs marksmen as well. They call casters Mages. ADC and APC stand for their role in the game, not the character archtype. Attack Damage Carry - Ability Power Carry.

Now that you've been educated on true MOBA terminology and caught up to date on this thread, is there anything you'd like to add constructively?
    Last edited by ZlainFury; 04-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.

I am confused, are we pro or con on marksmen? Personally, I think they are jerks.
    #1 Scrub NA
    Good luck, have bacon.

Community Advocate PeterPlatinum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TgW_Apoc_Meow View Post
    I am confused, are we pro or con on marksmen? Personally, I think they are jerks.
    Meow wins the thread.
    Former webmaster of Justice League Infinite. Tastiest Bait NA. Follow me on Twitter @Peter_Platinum for the newest champion and costume sales every Wednesday!

------

Booster Gold: Let me be perfectly clear: I have never, ever let my name or likeness be used to sell adult diapers.
    — Dan Jurgens, Justice League International #1 (2011)

Green Lantern: Barry...Did you...shoot him in the crotch?
    The Flash: Well, that's where the ring said his weakness was.
    Green Lantern: Nice.
    — Brian Buccellato, The Flash Annual #2 (2013)

So.... It appears people don't know the history of MOBAs... Lets get into story time. It all goes back into the days of Warcraft III. (It actually goes back to Starcraft if you want to get technical) So someone got the bright idea to take a particular map, and mod it with a program used with Starcraft to create what they figured to be a fun way to play the game. Eventually people go the bright idea to take the champions of the game, and only use those to play the map. Which lead to people creating their own champions that they thought were fun, and so forth. Another person with enough charisma to pull it off got the idea to combine the best of these fan made champions into a face off. This is the brith of the MOBA. Eventually one of the main creators of this mode broke off, and created League of Legends. Eventually another went to create Heros of Newerth, and the one that combined all the fan made champions together was hired by Valve to create Dota 2.

Now League of Legends season 1. Yes season 1. The Attack Damage Carry (ADC) was played as a solo mid. A character named Ashe due to her sight was the primary pick for this position. The Ability Power Carry (APC now known as Solo Mid) was played with a support on their side normally in the bottom lane. The reason why 2 players play in the bottom lane in this map is due to the Dragon (Drake) being down there with very early spawn timer. If you have 2 people in the top lane you won't be able to get to that global gold quickly, and the other team can zone you out with the extra person, and easily take the objective. Now that you understand why 2 people play in bot lane I shall continue with my story. At the world championships of season 1 the EU teams stomped the Americans by running an ADC, and a support in the bottom lane while having an APC run solo mid. The APC out scaled the ADC with enough burst to "delete them off the map", and the ADC was free to get the farm they needed for their late game scaling plus kept the ability to make sure there was even control on the Dragon.

Now for Dota 2. The first thing you must realize is that in Dota you originally used the support to build up items for the Hard Carry you were in lane with. You could give them items, run next to nothing, and as long as you brought something with skills you were gold. This is no longer an option, and the map is designed to not be equal. The two side lanes have the turrets placed further apart from each other. This has created the Hard Lane, and the Easy Lane. There has been several forms of meta that still exist today as the game progresses. It has gone from ranged Dex Ranged Hard Carries in mid, to Str Melee Hard Carries in mid, and Int Ranged Hard Carries in Mid. It has gone from no jungle with a tri lane on the easy lane as it's harder to run behind the turret if they push up to running a tri lane on the hard lane to shut down the person on the easy lane. This has lead to double jungles, and it has lead to the current average of having a support take a small portion of the jungle, or stack ancients for the jungler. There is a rather loose meta for Dota 2. Hell near the end of the last season the meta involved building a team for a level 1 Roshan. Which is the equivalent of Baron in League of Legends, or Leviathan in IC.

Now how can we relate this to IC? Well first off we need to look at Gotham Divided (GD). You choose which side the dragon equivalent spawns on. This means you get to decide which side is the "bot lane". If you think you can get an edge on a lane by running 2 top 'cause you have seen someone running a solo squishy character there. Try it. Until there is solid proof as to what works, how, and why. There is no sets meta for IC. The only thing set in stone for GD is you can not run 2 jungles effectively. The staff of IC have said there is not enough camps, and they do not spawn fast enough for 2 junglers to effectively play on one side. If you do not like GD then guess what... There is a meta. A very important one.

Coast City (CC) has a few important factors to it. The first is there is 2 lanes, and double the jungle camps with short spawn timers. This means that if you are not running 2 junglers you are not effectively gaining gold. The raider spawns in the bottom lane before the Doomsday Device spawns in the top lane. This means that you need 2 people in the bottom lane to keep control over it.

I do not wish to explain as to how all this info can relate to IC for as I have said. There is no set meta for GD. Anything I say from here on out can only be theory crafting based on personal experience. Either way best of luck in your games, and be sure to do your best to have fun.

Well written and good info .... I did not know about how MoBAs evolved ... I figured it was from Warcraft3 somehow but did not know the full history