Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Batman - How I woulda done it

Literally just started playing this game today and am annoyed at how closely some of the ability sets copy those of another moba. Especially on my favorite, Batman. There's so much you could do with this guy, hes got utility comin out the... well, belt. My thoughts on a batman that relies on utility, variety, and basically having an answer for every problem.

Passive: Batmobile - If having not been in combat for 10 seconds and on the base, Batman jumps into the batmobile. In the batmobile hes immune to CC and has triple his speed. He cannot use abilities. Batman will jump out of the batmobile five seconds after leaving base or when entering battle. The batmobile can incidentally run over enemies as it speeds off.

Q: Batarang - Skillshot fires batarang in arc(the mouse point being the apex of the arc). The batarang will deal damage to everyone it passes through and return to batman. If it hits a wall or object the batarang will get stuck there and persist until the time it wouldve returned to batman if not blocked. Pressing Q again while batarang is in flight or imbedded will explode it, dealing power damage to those in range and shoving them back slightly.

W: Grappling Cable/Intimidate - Batman fires a grappling cable. If it hits an enemy, wall, or object batman is yanked into the air in that direction and gains a controllable glide(you can change directions) at +15% movement speed until he lands(in about 3 seconds). An enemy hit by the cable will be immobilized for a second. While gliding W becomes intimidate. Intimidate allows batman to slam down onto a small area, dealing attack damage and frightening everyone caught in it for a second.

E: Smoke Bomb/Analyze - Batman throws down a smoke bomb going into stealth for 3 seconds. Enemies caught in the smoke will be blinded for 1 second and interrupted.

E Passive:Analyze - While stealthed, Batman analyzes his enemies weaknesses. For a few seconds after destealthing, his basic attacks ignore armor.

R: The Dark Knight - Batman calls a swarm of bats to an area for 6 seconds, frightening enemies in the aoe for 2 seconds. Enemies in the aoe will be dealt attack and power damage every second. Batman's movement and attack speed in the aoe is greatly increased.

Re: Batman - How I woulda done it

I like the batarang, the batmobile thing is stupid though it would look so dumb. I do agree that batman deserves a lot more. He's basically akali.

Batarang and ult should've happened. But with no pd scaling just ad

Wouldn't the fear make them walk out of the ult? The idea is to keep them in it isn't it?

Joining Harmony

I like that you're thinking outside of the box. Now, I don't think a lot of that stuff would fit in gameplay wise even if they might work thematically.

One of the ones I do think would make a lot of sense is the attacking from stealth giving a bonus. That ties in very well both thematically and gameplay wise. A lot of your suggestions are interesting but to me they feel more changes to be novel and be more batman-esque than really about addressing holes in his kit.

For example, the passive you suggest is basically an out of combat mobility buff. The caped crusader doesn't have problems getting to and from fights but making sure his targets don't get away. The batarang suggestion is interesting, and while the curved shot makes it more interesting, it basically turns his batarang into an AOE, which is probably not a direction we want to take him. Thematically Batman has been about taking down single targets, often undetected. Sure, he can fight large groups of thugs but he's never been an AOE style.

Your grapple hook does incorporate as what as seen as a very iconic gadget of his however I think it would look really weird in the manner you've described. I think they did a good job of incorporating that gadget in to Gaslight Batman.

Your E just basically moves his ult to his E. It also seems like a built in way to allow him to trigger the passive on his on E.

Your ult is interesting but counterproductive. It's a fixed AOE that makes people run out of it.

The biggest issue I see with your kit is that there is little to keep your opponent fighting you. You'll have to build total assassin and rely on your opening combo, which is even weirder because he uses energy. Energy exists to support a sustained fighting style, something you wouldn't really be able to do with this new kit.

Your ideas are creative but I'm trying hard to understand what role you envision for Batman since your abilities all seem to have different directions.

The passive is not intended for anything he might do in combat. The passive is so batman can return to the cave, get more equipment and get back to the fight quickly. It also gives him a bit of a shock attack opening when the team is on the defensive. Basically its his sustain. Hes always there, always prepared. (ideally anyway)

His aoes are there because sometimes you're going to have to fight multiple enemies. Batmans I've seen tend to try and seperate enemy groups with fear and stealth and pick them off one by one. That's why I put most of his aoes on power damage, so he could benefit somewhat from a power damage item if you need to grab something niche, but theyre not very efficient damage wise. Theyre there for the CC.

The fears drives your opponent apart and turn your enemy's backs too you. The multiple CC and speedups keep them running while you peg them. I havent seen gaslights glide yet but from what I red it looked like just a dash. This glide would work similar to aatrox's leap, except the start of it yanks you into a specific direction instead of straight up.

Ultimately hes still functions like an assassin but one with a variety of proactive abilities, usable on offense and defense, that can jump into impossible odds deal some punishment and still make it out with his head.

(Y is there no edit function)

With this skill set its not, slam this combo down as fast as you can. Its all about controlling your opponents and hitting them when they cant touch you. You dont even need to be a killer to be a success. This kit can keep enemies offbalance so your allies can take them down.

So your kit has.

1 knockback.
    2 fears.
    1 blind.
    1 interrupt
    1 steath

Attacks ignore amour
    3 huge mobility buffs

3 aoe damage dealing spells

1 steroid

None of this is cohesive, you have part of your combo as a knockback yet you want to keep people at your feet?
    You zoom into fight and do AOE?
    Yet you seem to have a kit or purpose to single somebody out and kill them mano-on-mano.

I don't get the design, I think it is too busy and too much trying to do one thing and doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    So your kit has.

1 knockback.
    2 fears.
    1 blind.
    1 interrupt
    1 steath

Attacks ignore amour
    3 huge mobility buffs

3 aoe damage dealing spells

1 steroid

None of this is cohesive, you have part of your combo as a knockback yet you want to keep people at your feet?
    You zoom into fight and do AOE?
    Yet you seem to have a kit or purpose to single somebody out and kill them mano-on-mano.

I don't get the design, I think it is too busy and too much trying to do one thing and doing nothing.
    look at it in real game situations.

You get ganked. You can stealth and run? Yes Can you grappling and run? Yes Or you can grappling the squishiest one, throw your batarang at his ally and proceed to pummel him while hes afraid, use the batarang's explosion to shove the ally back to give you and your target a second more alone together and then ult, throwing your target into fear and keeping the ally back(or afraid if he tries to run in) Hopefully the squishy is dead, if he is smoke and run away, or is hes not, smoke and let him go or smoke and follow and hope your other abilities come off of cd soon enough that you can pop out and brain him and get away.

Your laning against an enemy. focus on farming, poke with your q. Low on health? Port back to base, come racing back within one wave. Jungler wants to gank? Lock enemy down with grappling, land in front of him with intimidate to ensure he runs in the wrong direction. Are you the jungler? engage with stealth. if target tries to get away, grapple and land with intimidate in front of them to force them to flee in the wrong direction, back to your allies.

In a team fight, initiate by grappling a juicy target in place, intimidate right between that enemy and his team and ult, forcing the enemy team to run away while one of there's runs right into the arms of your allies. Apply Q as necessary. Stealth to get out of there.

Catch someone alone, out farther than they should be? Stealth in... catch them hard with heavy damage. depending on how things are going, you can use grappling to get away or keep them pinned down. Does help arrive for them? Your ult can be used to keep backup backed up and extra damage on the target.

His design is focused around high mobility, high cc. Weaknesses being long CD, low damage on his abilities, and general squishiness. Youve got to make your engagements count and if they failed, get your butt out of there before you get blown up.

(this no edit thing is really bugging me)

and since the boomerang arc, it can be thrown around in front of a fleeing enemy, to shove them back in your direction.