Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Considering Harmony Moneybags118's Avatar

Re: Champion Announcement: Blue Beetle

So I has question. Are you guys sticking with the pricing you started doing with NightSupes? (Which is 650 CC 7400 Merit). Or will you go back to what new champions were coming out at? Just wondering so I can save and spend accordingly lol.
    My Most Desired Non-Prime Champs:

Arcane Flash! - Attack Damage Marksman?
    Nightmare Flash! (Mutated into a Gorilla!) - Hybrid Enforcer?

Gaslight Cyborg! (Steampunk!) Power Damage Bruiser?
    Gaslight Lex Luthor! (Hey I know he's not in the game yet but I really want a Steampunk Luthor!)

This looks like awesome, but i realy want Deathstroke. Slade is the most badass champ. Will be Deathstroke in the game sometime?

Considering Harmony GHR-DarkNoheart's Avatar

Back when nm supe's spotlight video was released you went through all of his skills and showed off their cooldowns, dmg, scaling etc etc. I was wondering was this a one time thing? becuase i personally really liked that you did that. During champion previews i often find myself searching the game to find information on their skills so that i can get a hint of what they might be like when released into the game. Is this something you have considered doing in your future spotlights? or was it a one time thing with nightmare superman?

also i am very exited for blue beetle as i enjoy both marksmen and assasins so the way i see it he could potentially be very fun gj turbine ^^

Wow, those abilities, if this is a champion, what have we been playing all this time o_o.
    If You Would Like Help With Anything
    Add me as a friend, Nenilai or Nenilai_Xilodel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notable Player: The_Dycer (Difficult to deal with but Sets up Custom Games, Friend him for invites and practice)
    Awesome Dev: IC_Celestrata (Just an awesome person, I still want an autorgraph)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok...Formorrow Sur!

I always purchase a champion the instant they go live, so I'll have the full ability data with ratios and so on up on Dawnbase as soon as he's released

How much will he cost?

Considering Harmony Stainlessgamer's Avatar

This is what I like to see.
    The current lineup has to many variant versions of the same heroes (GreenLantern, Superman, etc...). With the character pool that DC has, variants of major characters should of been released at much later dates. Maybe 1 variant for every 10 champs, after the 1st 20 champions are released. That would of given us about 5 new characters in exchange for 5 variants. More Villains could of been added to this Hero heavy lineup, I mean you have the entire League of Doom to work with, and even heavier hitters. What I'm trying to say is, I feel like this game will be a lot more interesting/addictive, if there were an even number of Heroes to Villains, and more originality in the champion selection upon its initial release. Now it's going to take time to get it up to par for what it should be. And when it's up against heavy hitters like LoL and DotA2, taking to long can be a killer...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruwolf View Post
    I sense sarcasm lol
    It wasn't.

Character Designer IC_ZombieColumbus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hord4k View Post
    So Blue Scarab is probably not going to be core on Blue Beetle.
    Yeah, we are a bit sad about this one too. Here's how it came to be...

The champion design process takes a fairly long time, and a not small part of it is the pacing of roles and team composition options. Blue Beetle was slated to be a Marksman quite a ways back, and as his design came together we decided it was both time for a full "dual form" champion, and that his dual nature (Jaime / Khaji-da) would work great for it. At around this same time, the Scarab artifact was finding it's niche and home. Changing BB to a Hybrid damage Marksman could have been done, but we actually felt like our number of pure Attack Damage Marksman was a little low, and completely changing the Scarab to be an AD artifact would leave a big hole in our list.

In short, it was going to be disruptive to change, either on the champion or artifact side. Future champions will take this more into account, as we have a stable artifact listing to design around.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ZombieColumbus View Post
    Yeah, we are a bit sad about this one too. Here's how it came to be...

The champion design process takes a fairly long time, and a not small part of it is the pacing of roles and team composition options. Blue Beetle was slated to be a Marksman quite a ways back, and as his design came together we decided it was both time for a full "dual form" champion, and that his dual nature (Jaime / Khaji-da) would work great for it. At around this same time, the Scarab artifact was finding it's niche and home. Changing BB to a Hybrid damage Marksman could have been done, but we actually felt like our number of pure Attack Damage Marksman was a little low, and completely changing the Scarab to be an AD artifact would leave a big hole in our list.

In short, it was going to be disruptive to change, either on the champion or artifact side. Future champions will take this more into account, as we have a stable artifact listing to design around.
    Why couldn't he be a Pdmg marksman?

Are you defining marksman as pure AD/hyrbid or would you consider PD marksman as too indistinguishable from blaster subtype?