Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Considering Harmony Stainlessgamer's Avatar

Re: Moba and it's potential...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    I'd rather go play LoL or DotA before a game like that, and that's saying something for me.
    Then you still don't know/realize DotA started out like the type of game i was describing... Also I know it's a huge undertaking, but it is a simple concept. And one lesson people often forget about is that the simple answer is usaually the best. As individuals we more often tend to over complicate things looking for a solution. Also you said one of the worst communities out there? Only if there are no rules/regulations or punishments for violators. The F2P community is what it is. There isn't some magical toxic free side of it. Toxicity is like cancer, once it infiltrates it spreads. Every F2P game has it, and the only reason some F2P games seem less toxic then others is because there are measures taken to prohibit/curb toxicity.

Wolverine was never in DotA. People made other off shoots that fit into different universes and such. DotA itself was still just DotA champions. Which themselves were simply Warcraft characters thematically.
    wrong. Wolverine was in the original DotA mod, he was built off WCIII character, but all his powers were there (healing factor, Berserker rush, ect....), and the character model was altered to look like wolverine. Even the characters name and icon were Wolverine. It was the same for other characters like Cyclops, Storm, IceMan, Gundam, Goku, Superman, ect.... The start of each match was when character picking was done. You were given a peasant and to choice your champ, you ran to the selection area, then targeted the champ you wanted with your peasant. Once he reached the champ, he ported back to the spawn and you took over control of your choice.

And again, YES AoS was the 1st offical moba type game. But being the 1st it was not the strongest. Once WCIII came out and the moders got a hold of it, DotA was born. That original one is the game I am referring to, and it had a much higher fan base then AoS who at the time was considered outdated.... Most of LoL's original Dev team, consists of people who created the original DotA mod for WCIII back in 2001.
    Last edited by Stainlessgamer; 04-26-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainlessgamer View Post
    One of my favorite Moba's was the original DotA mod for WCIII... The freedom they did with character creations (er ahhh fan creations) the cross overs were magnificent. Gundam vs DragonballZ vs Marvel vs DC..... OMG those were the days. And maps... some mixing Moba with Tower Defense. Somewhere along the way, in the pursuit of the all mighty dollar, we lost something. The ingenuity, the originality, THE CROSS OVERS... Imagine the game we would have today if that original design was simply improved upon and updated. The pool of champions we could select from if companies looked to a MobA as a way to further market their content. Anime/Manga/Comic, even companies like Hasbro get involved and bring the Transformers into the mix. It would become the end all be all of "who would win". We could play out the Thanos vs Darkseid, Goku vs Superman, Optimus Prime vs Gundam Destiny. Hell, Voltron versus Power Rangers...lol I'm having a braingasm just thinking about it.

Before video games, we had toys and our imagination. Moba's give us a virtual toy box and the scenarios we play out in games are like a guided version of the imaginations we had when we were kids. It's time to expand that toy box to include ALL OF THE TOYS!!!!!!

To the companies in competition with each other, what ever your industy... If you want to make history, stop competing with each other, trying to beat the other guy to greatness, and work together to create something this world and future generations, can consider truly epic. Then simply share the success.
    Why do you sneak into my dreams?
    Seriously, if what you just said happened, the world would be at peace or maybe the end of the world.
    Something luxury like this will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER ever be possible.. Greed consumes people, power takes control over people, people are weak.
    But together we truly are strong, but.. This.. would only be possible if people set their differences apart from others.. Only from that day, epicness will be allover the world.
    But I geuss there goes another dream off my list..
    Team World's Finest seeks Top Laner & Adc/Support combo.

Champion wishlist:
    [ ] Batman Beyond - AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Nightwing - with Dick Grayson Robin skin ~ AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Red Hood - with Jason Todd Robin skin ~ AD Ranged Assassin / AD Marksman
    [ ] Batgirl ~ AD Assassin / AD Controller
    [ ] Superboy ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Power Girl ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ X ] Supergirl ~ AD Bruiser

Considering Harmony Stainlessgamer's Avatar

@Acerael, your lucky i also didn't bring up the concept of being able to switch from top down view to 3rd person. Imagine how sick that would get, if you could get really up close and personal during matches...lol

Oh and on a side note, don't worry, give it about 3-8years and mark my words "it will exist"... I've had the unique ability to sort of predict movements in the gaming industry for the last 25 years... Me and my friends worked out a Streetfighter style X-men game, complete with character list and moves, 4 years before the 1st X-Men: Children of the Atom Arcade game was released. Back in 98, After playing a ton of Tome Raider, I imagined what it would be like online with hundreds of others running around the same world as you. Essentially I foresaw the rise of the MMORPG. My concept involved a subscription base and a micro payment shop that had an exchange rate of 10,000 virtual dollars for every dollar. Keeping the price of items in the game, some what similar to what they were IRL. I have a shoebox full of gaming concepts I thought of over the years, and 75% of them came into existence only a few years after I imagined them. So far, the only one I was way wrong on, was Arcades. I had hoped that by now, there would be massive Arcades with everything from pinball to completely submersive virtual experiences (racing, FPS, sports, fighting). Arcades would be connected by the internet, so you could of been sitting in a race simulator like California Rush, and playing against people playing at other arcades. But sadly, Consoles and Online killed the Arcade, which was forced to devolve into becoming no better then a Chucky Cheese.
    Last edited by Stainlessgamer; 04-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainlessgamer View Post
    @Acerael, your lucky i also didn't bring up the concept of being able to switch from top down view to 3rd person. Imagine how sick that would get, if you could get really up close and personal during matches...lol

Oh and on a side note, don't worry, give it about 3-8years and mark my words "it will exist"... I've had the unique ability to sort of predict movements in the gaming industry for the last 25 years... Me and my friends worked out a Streetfighter style X-men game, complete with character list and moves, 4 years before the 1st X-Men: Children of the Atom Arcade game was released. Back in 98, After playing a ton of Tome Raider, I imagined what it would be like online with hundreds of others running around the same world as you. Essentially I foresaw the rise of the MMORPG. My concept involved a subscription base and a micro payment shop that had an exchange rate of 10,000 virtual dollars for every dollar. Keeping the price of items in the game, some what similar to what they were IRL. I have a shoebox full of gaming concepts I thought of over the years, and 75% of them came into existence only a few years after I imagined them. So far, the only one I was way wrong on, was Arcades. I had hoped that by now, there would be massive Arcades with everything from pinball to completely submersive virtual experiences (racing, FPS, sports, fighting). Arcades would be connected by the internet, so you could of been sitting in a race simulator like California Rush, and playing against people playing at other arcades. But sadly, Consoles and Online killed the Arcade, which was forced to devolve into becoming no better then a Chucky Cheese.
    Yeah, you are probably a 90's kid like me, who saw the rise of the internet!
    But I really doubt there will be an official game that Fuse / Merge / Combine / Feature / Cross any other Franchise.
    The problem lies in Copyrights and Royalties.
    They won't just let others use their hard work products they created, just to let others have the responsibility to carry on the name of their work and recreate it / maybe destroy it? ( If you understand what I mean.. )

Like you saw what happend to Teen Titans Go right?
    Team World's Finest seeks Top Laner & Adc/Support combo.

Champion wishlist:
    [ ] Batman Beyond - AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Nightwing - with Dick Grayson Robin skin ~ AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Red Hood - with Jason Todd Robin skin ~ AD Ranged Assassin / AD Marksman
    [ ] Batgirl ~ AD Assassin / AD Controller
    [ ] Superboy ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Power Girl ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ X ] Supergirl ~ AD Bruiser