Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Is it me or is Turbine sort of avoiding talking about balance problems? I haven't seen any responses from Turbine on balance in quite a while.

    Now, before everyone gets all frenzied, I'm not asking to hurry up and patch in a bunch of balance fixes (yeah yeah in beta, blah blah other things to work on). However, I'm surprised they can't even take the time to respond on the forums to a few of the posts.

    Is it really too much to ask for the devs to at least chime in with a post or two with their current thoughts to some of the issues brought up?

    Obvious examples would be Atomic Poison Ivy and Flash.

  2. #2
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,232

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Its holidays i believe, after all that hard work at PAX they should take their time.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  3. #3
    Joining Harmony Varking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    336

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    They acknowledges already there are some balance issues to work on. I don't think its a matter of being quiet as much as it is why say the same things over and over when you only need to talk about it when you find a solution?

  4. #4
    Considering Harmony
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    41

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    It's just you.

    But I'm sure others will feel the same. But I've seen way more communication about the "direction" they wanna go with their champs and game than I've seen elsewhere. I'm sorry some of your questions/inquiries have yet to been answered/justified.

    You say "Obvious examples" but that just communicates you have an issue with these champs, not specific problems. Obviously you are looking for answers, otherwise the OP has no point but to coax a reaction from Dev's, not a response to personally felt issues.

    Personally, I've read more Flash balancing pro's/con's/drawbacks/backlashes/justifications to last me a lifetime. That subject is far from new, and it's starting to just look like one of those things that everyone will never be happy with. But I've seen many Flash players reach a point of satisfaction with him. Have you tried looking at the forum section where champions are discussed in depth?

  5. #5
    Protector Unilord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    They acknowledges already there are some balance issues to work on. I don't think its a matter of being quiet as much as it is why say the same things over and over when you only need to talk about it when you find a solution?
    Exactly this, but you know how internet works, the developers should post each hour about how they know that there are problems, or the playerbase will think that they don't care XD.

  6. #6
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,232

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by McTester View Post
    It's just you.

    But I'm sure others will feel the same. But I've seen way more communication about the "direction" they wanna go with their champs and game than I've seen elsewhere. I'm sorry some of your questions/inquiries have yet to been answered/justified.

    You say "Obvious examples" but that just communicates you have an issue with these champs, not specific problems. Obviously you are looking for answers, otherwise the OP has no point but to coax a reaction from Dev's, not a response to personally felt issues.

    Personally, I've read more Flash balancing pro's/con's/drawbacks/backlashes/justifications to last me a lifetime. That subject is far from new, and it's starting to just look like one of those things that everyone will never be happy with. But I've seen many Flash players reach a point of satisfaction with him. Have you tried looking at the forum section where champions are discussed in depth?
    Quote Originally Posted by unilordx View Post
    Exactly this, but you know how internet works, the developers should post each hour about how they know that there are problems, or the playerbase will think that they don't care XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    They acknowledges already there are some balance issues to work on. I don't think its a matter of being quiet as much as it is why say the same things over and over when you only need to talk about it when you find a solution?
    Trueeee
    10 chars
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  7. #7
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by unilordx View Post
    Exactly this, but you know how internet works, the developers should post each hour about how they know that there are problems, or the playerbase will think that they don't care XD.
    That's quite the hyperbole. I've never said they need to post each hour.

    You say "Obvious examples" but that just communicates you have an issue with these champs, not specific problems. Obviously you are looking for answers, otherwise the OP has no point but to coax a reaction from Dev's, not a response to personally felt issues.
    It's not just me who's looking understand what the direction for these issues are. You already state that it's incredibly heavily discussed by the players. That's sort of the point, when it's been beat to death by the players, that means that something is there that could use dev input.

    As for direction, I apologize but I didn't really see posts discussing the direction they want their champs. I actually looked at the dev tracker, I haven't really seen anything discuss how they view the role of assassins, exactly how damaging they feel enforcers should be, etc.

    EDIT: I just thought of something. I don't follow Reddit or Twitter. Is that what's happening? That they're responding a lot on those media instead of this board? That would explain a lot, Riot is doing the same thing and I just realized that Turbine might be doing it as well.
    Last edited by DarkwingGT; 04-19-2014 at 04:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Joining Harmony Varking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    336

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingGT View Post
    That's quite the hyperbole. I've never said they need to post each hour.



    It's not just me who's looking understand what the direction for these issues are. You already state that it's incredibly heavily discussed by the players. That's sort of the point, when it's been beat to death by the players, that means that something is there that could use dev input.

    As for direction, I apologize but I didn't really see posts discussing the direction they want their champs. I actually looked at the dev tracker, I haven't really seen anything discuss how they view the role of assassins, exactly how damaging they feel enforcers should be, etc.

    EDIT: I just thought of something. I don't follow Reddit or Twitter. Is that what's happening? That they're responding a lot on those media instead of this board? That would explain a lot, Riot is doing the same thing and I just realized that Turbine might be doing it as well.
    A lot of it is on Twitch streams, Twitter, and Facebook. They post on Google+ but they never respond to any of the comments there.

  9. #9
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Ah, see, that would explain why it seems so quiet, if they're posting on every media except their own boards. Disappointing IMO but that at least explains it.

  10. #10
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    I hope Turbine doesn't listen to every baby on the forums, If flashes ratios get nerfed because of dumpsters complaining about him. That's not what this game needs.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •