Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Community Manager IC_Frelorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    264

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    As we have stated before balance is always going to be an ongoing thing. With each update we make balance changes to Champions we feel need to go in one direction or the other. This is something we will continue to do for the foreseeable future. In the meantime stay tuned for the release notes to the next update to see what exciting changes and balance adjustments we have made.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

  2. #12
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,123

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    I hope Turbine doesn't listen to every baby on the forums, If flashes ratios get nerfed because of dumpsters complaining about him. That's not what this game needs.
    I hope turbine doesn't listen to the every baby on the forums, if Atomic Poison Ivy ratios get nerfed because of dumpsters complaining about her. That's not what this game needs.

    2 can play this game.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  3. #13
    Joining Harmony Varking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    336

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    The great news is that Turbine has access to more refined numbers and if the forum feedback matches what their data tells them, they know they can safely make some adjustments to improve balance. If everyone wines that Green Lantern is the most OP champ ever but their data shows them the complete opposite, they don't need to act on the forum feedback. People are just not playing against them correctly.

  4. #14
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    I disagree. I think balance is a lot trickier than that. Basically you always have to be careful of the pub stompers, those champs who are technically balanced but only at a super high level of play.

    Let's say there's a champion who's balanced at the pro level but in regular queue's wins 100% of the time. So let's say at Challenger it's 50% win rate (so balanced) and below Challenger it's 100%.

    What do you do in that scenario? Obviously the numbers are somewhat exaggerated but this scenario happens all the time, so it's not far fetched.

    Now what happens if that pub stomper causes lots of new players to say this game is horribly unbalanced and decide to stop playing. Do you leave that champion alone just for balance "purity" so to say?

    It's easy to sit there and say everyone should just learn to deal with those champs but if Turbine loses players because it makes them look horrible at balancing, do you really think they should try to take a balance moral high ground?

    Of course the flip side is they shouldn't tweak every single champ every time someone loses, there has to be a middle ground. Hence why I say, it's not as simple as everyone seems to think.

    EDIT: IC_Frelorn, I really do appreciate you replying however your post has no meaning to it. It's basically "Meh, balance will happen when it happens and some should happen in our next update." That's basically an implicit agreement, the players all naturally assume that you guys will balance the game at some point. The point of the post was that, at least on this forum, you guys don't talk about it and give the community updates on specific issues.
    Last edited by DarkwingGT; 04-20-2014 at 12:21 PM.

  5. #15
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    I hope turbine doesn't listen to the every baby on the forums, if Atomic Poison Ivy ratios get nerfed because of dumpsters complaining about her. That's not what this game needs.

    2 can play this game.
    It's not the same, the reason flash is so complained about is because there are a lot of noobs playing this game. He is really easy to play and when he get's fed it is really hard to shut him down. Now once people finally stopped fearing him he under performed like crazy during PAX. API is the best tank and controller in the entire game.

    Now I can 100% say that Bluebeetle will be complained about A LOT. He is going to make a lot of people cry.

  6. #16
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    As we have stated before balance is always going to be an ongoing thing. With each update we make balance changes to Champions we feel need to go in one direction or the other. This is something we will continue to do for the foreseeable future. In the meantime stay tuned for the release notes to the next update to see what exciting changes and balance adjustments we have made.
    Any time frame as to when that is? Will it be before Blue?

  7. #17
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingGT View Post
    I disagree. I think balance is a lot trickier than that. Basically you always have to be careful of the pub stompers, those champs who are technically balanced but only at a super high level of play.

    Let's say there's a champion who's balanced at the pro level but in regular queue's wins 100% of the time. So let's say at Challenger it's 50% win rate (so balanced) and below Challenger it's 100%.

    What do you do in that scenario? Obviously the numbers are somewhat exaggerated but this scenario happens all the time, so it's not far fetched.

    Now what happens if that pub stomper causes lots of new players to say this game is horribly unbalanced and decide to stop playing. Do you leave that champion alone just for balance "purity" so to say?

    It's easy to sit there and say everyone should just learn to deal with those champs but if Turbine loses players because it makes them look horrible at balancing, do you really think they should try to take a balance moral high ground?

    Of course the flip side is they shouldn't tweak every single champ every time someone loses, there has to be a middle ground. Hence why I say, it's not as simple as everyone seems to think.

    EDIT: IC_Frelorn, I really do appreciate you replying however your post has no meaning to it. It's basically "Meh, balance will happen when it happens and some should happen in our next update." That's basically an implicit agreement, the players all naturally assume that you guys will balance the game at some point. The point of the post was that, at least on this forum, you guys don't talk about it and give the community updates on specific issues.
    THEY SHOULD NOT NOT NOOOOT balance things on a low skill level. It's horrible , people who play these games and stick to them will get better and won't be a dumpster for there entire time playing this. Pub stomp heroes exist in dota like Riki that do horrible on a high skill cap. Flash will fall to that level when more heroes get released. Just look at Blue, he is going to be insane.

  8. #18
    Joining Harmony
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    It's not the same, the reason flash is so complained about is because there are a lot of noobs playing this game. He is really easy to play and when he get's fed it is really hard to shut him down. Now once people finally stopped fearing him he under performed like crazy during PAX. API is the best tank and controller in the entire game.
    See my above post about pub stompers. Do you think Turbine should be willing to lose players to pub stompers? Riot has taken the stance that no, pub stompers should be toned down. Is that the right stance for Turbine as well? I don't know really. This is the exact kind of discussion the devs should be chiming in on but do not. Hence the entire point of this thread.

    EDIT: Well....you replied after I posted this. But at least you made your stance clear. I'm not sure I agree with it though.

  9. #19
    Protector mR-Nephets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    859

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingGT View Post
    See my above post about pub stompers. Do you think Turbine should be willing to lose players to pub stompers? Riot has taken the stance that no, pub stompers should be toned down. Is that the right stance for Turbine as well? I don't know really. This is the exact kind of discussion the devs should be chiming in on but do not. Hence the entire point of this thread.

    EDIT: Well....you replied after I posted this. But at least you made your stance clear. I'm not sure I agree with it though.
    I think once they get a solid champion roster like around 70 they can decide if they want to take that route. At this time no I don't think they should because the roster is so scarce. I hope they come out with some double hero releases I just want this game to get bigger and once the roster becomes really big. This game will be amazing.

  10. #20
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,123

    Re: Turbine seems awfully quiet about balance issues...

    Now I can 100% say that Bluebeetle will be complained about A LOT. He is going to make a lot of people cry.
    Just for the record, for those who dont know, Bluee Bettle will start as marksman, so at lvl 6 he can swap Assassin mode.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •