Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

On the Topic of Female Gamers/Personalities

Since I have joined IC, one of my biggest pet peeves is how female gamers are viewed in and around this game. Frankly it is just annoying how immature a lot of you guys are. Any remotely attractive female goes on Twitch, and you just lose it. I would love it if more bans would come down to take care off this both in-game, and on the Twitch channel. I am tired of seeing the negativity that gets directed towards them, and how little is done to bring to a sure end.

This video created by iLL WiLL PrEss hits the nail on the head (Warning: NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65f...8vMxg_dC1AI_fA

And just as a reminder, those "bad" things you say count as sexual harassment. Say it in real life, or where someone can track you, and you can head up with a nice set of shiny bracelets, and a lawsuit. Why don't you start changing your ways today? It will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

P.S. I have seen too much harassment at this point, and it bothers me more than anything else in the community at the moment. Most of us are of age here so act like it. It is not the worst in the gaming world, but it is still annoying.
    New Player 1v1 Tournament! Prize is s Gold Steam Pack

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Quinquiplicate: To multiply by five
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

38 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

Re: On the Topic of Female Gamers/Personalities

A game with predominantly young teens having an immature audience?

Say it isn't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    A game with predominantly young teens having an immature audience?

Say it isn't so!
    You have the demographic of the community wrong. Nearly everyone I have met in this game is college age or older. That means you are of age, and should act so. In fact, I have found a lot are late 20s or early 30s, and many even older. Please stop making comments like that, I have seen it elsewhere too. You will find yourself not sticking your foot in your mouth as often when you pay attention to the facts.

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycer94 View Post
    You have the demographic of the community wrong. Nearly everyone I have met in this game is college age or older. That means you are of age, and should act so. In fact, I have found a lot are late 20s or early 30s, and many even older. Please stop making comments like that, I have seen it elsewhere too. You will find yourself not sticking your foot in your mouth as often when you pay attention to the facts.
    Can you prove any of this or is it purely anecdotal?

I'm going with the latter.

i'm 19 (yes, no kidding) and i still don't get why some people just act like that, not by only that kind of harrassment, also by "whatch doing, you are a girl, girl don't even play this games lol" or "you act and play like a girl" or "stop mourinng, you act like a girl" and a i know a couple of girls who play this games.

so stupid.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    i'm 19 (yes, no kidding) and i still don't get why some people just act like that, not by only that kind of harrassment, also by "whatch doing, you are a girl, girl don't even play this games lol" or "you act and play like a girl" or "stop mourinng, you act like a girl" and a i know a couple of girls who play this games.

so stupid.
    It's just games in general.

I don't run into girls on here, only one I play regular is Jenfo.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

It's stupid.
    It's as if they've never talked to a girl before.

As of last night when I logged off, I had 434 people on my friends' list. I believe that to be the largest out there on any IC server right now. With that said most of the people on there (I communicate with them all at some time) are in, or have just finished college. I can gather this just from what you say to me. You have the next smaller population being those ho are just getting married, getting set in their long term careers, and/or starting to have kids. You have the next very small population of those who have established families, kids coming of age, and so on. Then you have the even smaller population that is under 18. You can tell that right away when talking to someone in-game, or them asking me for advice (and then I have to ask for their age to continue). Finally we have the even smaller population of people over 50 (I have found 5 or 6 of them so far).

Now we can use that "small" population and use it to create the population map of the IC player base. In fact due to the laws of statistics you can take an even smaller sample size and do it. In the end, the demographic this game is attracting is different than what many of you have been suggesting.

And on another note, I have run into many females in this game. Many don't come out, and say it for many good reasons, but it shouldn't have to be that way.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM

Can you prove that most of the players are teenagers? What is your assumption based on?

It's of little importance though. Even if they are teenagers, they're not toddlers: they should be able to understand what harassment is and get some sort of corrective measure applied for it.

What makes it alright for a teenager to make a girl/woman feel uncomfortable while playing a game she likes?

Dycer hit the nail in the head here (and this applies not only to the treatment of female players, although this tends to bring out the most disgusting part of what is seen as the typical male gamer behavior): Why is it that online we accept as normal behavior that gets people in real trouble if displayed in "the real life"?

I have been around online since the early days of Everquest. Then if you said anything negative about anyone, you would be shunned. I have ran many guilds in online games since then and we've never had an issue with people regarding the female player base. Here, even though it is better than elsewhere from what I gather, it is still horrible. So after 14-15 years online, I come here and see what is accepted.

How do you think the rest of us feel? The decent people, the professionals who enjoy gaming, or even the females being targeted?

I would love it if Turbine came forth and was the first to do something drastic about this. Female players on a few servers in their other games outnumber the males it seems. So they do have a major stake in this discussion whether you want to believe it or not.

Valafar of all the trolling you have done on the forums, you are willing to make sexual harassment towards females acceptable too? How would you feel if you were targeted by this harassment as a female.

I may be a male, but I am not a dumb one. I have a wife, and 3 daughters. My wife won't play this game (she does play some with me) because the attitude towards females in games like this.
    Last edited by IC_Frelorn; 04-21-2014 at 09:55 AM.

The_Dycer Guides!
    The Definition of SoonTM