Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: On the Topic of Female Gamers/Personalities

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    And what I want are short term bans for people who partake in any short of harassment, and get caught on the first time. After that, you make it harder on them. I have seen Permabans in other games on the second, even once on the first report of any short of harassment. But once again, those were different times in which communities wanted people to be held accountable for everything they did.

And I know it is a wide spread issue, but no gaming company I have seen has stepped forth and put their foot down and say it is an intolerable offense in the recent years. When I started gaming, this never was an issue, even amongst the youngest demographic.
    How do you propose this?

People moderate their own twitch chats with volunteer mods or using bot admins, everything they do is at their own discretion.

Of course gaming companies haven't come out and said it because its a no brainer, they aren't distinguishing from types of harassment like you are right now - you're seemingly just focusing on female harassment here and how to stop that. Harassment happens across the board and there are already punishments out there for that.

Again, how are you expecting this to be enforced and upheld? If there was a way to hold everyone accountable it would be done.
    You're living in an Utopia that just doesn't exist, it is an idealistic fantasy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Animatron View Post
    Not related to the topic or anything (i'm not sure if you're trolling or anything) but you seem to be very funny:] Just wanted to take the time and acknowledge this, because there are few people that seem to share my sense of humor (I am referring to D, ofc)
    I personally prefer to list things in a comma seperated manner so I can end it with the oxford comma:

Things I like: Potatos, Videogames, Beer, Bees, Movies That Were Not Directed By Sam Raimi, and the Oxford Comma.

Most harassment I've seen has taken place on twitch when Zag is on, and those comments are not often from actual IC community members and most likely not even read by Zagnette. Not only that, but I've seen Celestrata kick a few people for saying bad bad things.
    Anyway, I haven't seen gender harassment in-game or on the Jen streams (which admittedly I just barely started to watch) and I've never watched a Pixxy cast so I can't say anything about that.

Edit: how the hell am I older than mrlucho this is ruining my mental picture of him
    Last edited by Kuzon; 04-21-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Protector

Although I have seen this a lot in not just this game, but in others as well. I do however see signs of positive situations involving female gamers. Don't give up and try to get though the negitive moments. hope you have lots of good people playing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    I personally prefer to list things in a comma seperated manner so I can end it with the oxford comma:

Things I like: Potatos, Videogames, Beer, Bees, Movies That Were Not Directed By Sam Raimi, and the Oxford Comma.
    I'm sure you know what you are talking about, but I don't) I had some guests over last night, computer was open and logged in to this site and I found a bunch of these posts that I did not write:-? So : sorry, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    How do you propose this?

People moderate their own twitch chats with volunteer mods or using bot admins, everything they do is at their own discretion.

Of course gaming companies haven't come out and said it because its a no brainer, they aren't distinguishing from types of harassment like you are right now - you're seemingly just focusing on female harassment here and how to stop that. Harassment happens across the board and there are already punishments out there for that.

Again, how are you expecting this to be enforced and upheld? If there was a way to hold everyone accountable it would be done.
    You're living in an Utopia that just doesn't exist, it is an idealistic fantasy at best.
    She reported me because I thought this thread was stupid (and it is) there is literally nothing to be said. People are sad that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    She reported me because I thought this thread was stupid (and it is) there is literally nothing to be said. People are sad that is all.
    No one that I know has reported you. Besides, it wouldn't do anything.

Now Turbine is supposed to have taken their community management style from their other games and applied it here. Reports of any sort of harassment are dealt with swiftly in DDO and LotRO for the most part. You say something like many of the people have that I had to report here, by the next day something is being done about it. If your name pops again for the same thing, expect a permaban.

What sucks is when I report someone for berating the enemy Zantanna with sexual remarks because the protector had a feminine name, despite many asking them to stop. After the match, everyone in that game who cared reported them just to have the harassed person come back to me around a week later saying they crossed that same person again just to have it happen all over again with harsher language, and no one was willing to step and say something to stop, or help report. This, and a few other horrible situations I have seen are why I decided to write this thread.

Just because you guys haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. From my point of view, issues like shouldn't be a problem, but when they happen more than once with no closure? Like I said, it's not a plague-like, but it is a problem nonetheless. If it happens, it should be dealt with, and community members shouldn't sit by, and look away.
    The Coast City Nightly Games!
    A Coast City Guide: Updates SoonTM
    The Definition of SoonTM

My Guide for IC_Frelorn

Conquer Your Lane with Starro!

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

I am one with Starro! All hail Starro.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words
    Strange word of the day; Kench: To laugh very loud! I Think Santa Got into Joker's Laughing Gas
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

My Infinite Crisis New Year's resolution is to make Infinite Crisis issue account nerfs. Come on Hammer, let's do this!

Chiming in here since I am one of those females that does play this game. Like a normal person, I don't try to self-identify inside of the game "Bro, I am totally a gal." There are a few times that I refer to my boyfriend, KenyanBeeThief, as my bf in pregame chat while we pick characters. So take this as you will, since I am not streaming and there is no in game voice chat.

I have honestly only encountered the gross things mentioned in the OP during the PAX invitation stream group stages. Apparently the IC moderators weren't anywhere to be found, and people were making a lot of nasty comments about the female caster. I just ignored each and everyone of them, though. Other than that, I haven't been personally harassed in this game for the few times there was a hint that I was female. Could be from me not really trying to identify or just no one really caring since I tend to do a lot for my team (maining supports lol girl stereotype).

I only really watch Jenfox's stream for IC, and I haven't noticed anyone being gross against her. Maybe her mods are just super good.

Providing Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dycer View Post
    No one that I know has reported you. Besides, it wouldn't do anything.

Now Turbine is supposed to have taken their community management style from their other games and applied it here. Reports of any sort of harassment are dealt with swiftly in DDO and LotRO for the most part. You say something like many of the people have that I had to report here, by the next day something is being done about it. If your name pops again for the same thing, expect a permaban.

What sucks is when I report someone for berating the enemy Zantanna with sexual remarks because the protector had a feminine name, despite many asking them to stop. After the match, everyone in that game who cared reported them just to have the harassed person come back to me around a week later saying they crossed that same person again just to have it happen all over again with harsher language, and no one was willing to step and say something to stop, or help report. This, and a few other horrible situations I have seen are why I decided to write this thread.

Just because you guys haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. From my point of view, issues like shouldn't be a problem, but when they happen more than once with no closure? Like I said, it's not a plague-like, but it is a problem nonetheless. If it happens, it should be dealt with, and community members shouldn't sit by, and look away.
    I mean we're saying this is just another form of harassment that gets reported and you move along. This is no more constructive than a thread crying about trolls. They're going to be there, always.
    twitch.tv/zlainfury - Usually stream between 7pm and midnight EST.