Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Intentional leavers and feeders need to be stopped

It's getting old. I just had 5 games in a row where someone on either team left or intentionally fed. This game has become a russian roulette of who wins and loses. Rarely is it determined by the actual player.

This game has the potential to be the best MOBA out there, but with the community running it into the ground, it's not going to get anywhere fast. It's not very welcoming for new players to have to fight an uphill battle in the middle of winter while carrying sandbags. People intentionally feed and then leave. This happens way too often.

Also, matchmaking queues are absolutely enormous. If it really takes 6 minutes to find 10 people, then this game is really dead.

Re: Intentional leavers and feeders need to be stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Krathalos View Post
    It's getting old. I just had 5 games in a row where someone on either team left or intentionally fed. This game has become a russian roulette of who wins and loses. Rarely is it determined by the actual player.

This game has the potential to be the best MOBA out there, but with the community running it into the ground, it's not going to get anywhere fast. It's not very welcoming for new players to have to fight an uphill battle in the middle of winter while carrying sandbags. People intentionally feed and then leave. This happens way too often.

Also, matchmaking queues are absolutely enormous. If it really takes 6 minutes to find 10 people, then this game is really dead.
    We are beta testers. The game is still not fully released. It's our job to make it possible and create this art to come true. When the game is mass promoted with it's final product then you will see a huge rise in the amount of players. And for your bad games surrender button is coming and also youll get allot less bad games like that once you add friends who you know you sync well with and play ok.
    Ame-Comi Zatanna 7.2" figure raffle happens Nov-29 between 8 to 10pm Est. Don't miss the next BearsXstream Show!!!!

What server do you play on?

On the EU servers, in almost 500 (-ish) matches I've never encountered anyone intentionally feeding.

I have, however encountered many many people asking for what seemed to be new players (playing maybe their 1st or 2nd match) to be reported for not playing according to some abstract standard the whiner in question set in his mind. And I have seen hurtful things said to these new players (ranging from "uninstall game, noob" to "you stupid dickhole") prompting that person to leave because of, well, obvious reasons.

I agree though, matchmaking is not up to the task of making every match a competitive one, but that is in no way the fault of the player that just installed the game and got put in a match with players better than him/her. This person needs advice and support, not being called a "****ing noob".

We are continuing to work on improving the matchmaking and will continue to do so. We do have many new to Moba players coming in and the more support we can show them, the more likely they are to stay on and become good players. We still have one of the better communities out there and we hope this continues throughout the life of the game.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    We are continuing to work on improving the matchmaking and will continue to do so. We do have many new to Moba players coming in and the more support we can show them, the more likely they are to stay on and become good players. We still have one of the better communities out there and we hope this continues throughout the life of the game.
    Once the tutorial comes out it will help a lot. And once more champs come out a ton of more people will play it.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

I just don't understand AFKs.
    Like how is it possible to join a game, select a champion + stolen powers, get into an actual game, but then go AFK for an entire match?

This game desperately needs a tutorial, bot mode and a system to punish AFK+ leavers.

It's not because I'm losing that I'm complaining. I have far more wins than losses, and I usually carry in those matches. But that's not my point. This game is a blast when it's an actual 5v5. The problem is, that's kind of rare. These people aren't new, and a tutorial won't help them. They refuse to talk in chat, and they know exactly what they're doing when they start feeding, and then they leave when they get bored. As with all MOBAs, I'm sure they just get a smack on the wrist for feeding 10 deaths and then leaving the match. Nothing ever gets done with that, and I doubt it ever will. League of Legends was ruined by its community (mainly the fact that Riot listened to complaints and just went on a nerfing spree). I would hate to see this game go down the same path.

If people are willing to learn and they're new to the game, I'll gladly help them. But most players who are bad aren't bad because they're new; they're just straight up bad and refuse to work with the team.

I'm on the NA server. I've had people on both sides who just feed 10 deaths and then leave. Yes, surrender will help with this because it gets you out of it earlier, but it won't fix the issue itself. It's still a loss that otherwise may not have happened, and there's nothing you can do to even stop it. Making the issue less painful is not fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Animatron View Post
    What server do you play on?

On the EU servers, in almost 500 (-ish) matches I've never encountered anyone intentionally feeding.

I have, however encountered many many people asking for what seemed to be new players (playing maybe their 1st or 2nd match) to be reported for not playing according to some abstract standard the whiner in question set in his mind. And I have seen hurtful things said to these new players (ranging from "uninstall game, noob" to "you stupid dickhole") prompting that person to leave because of, well, obvious reasons.

I agree though, matchmaking is not up to the task of making every match a competitive one, but that is in no way the fault of the player that just installed the game and got put in a match with players better than him/her. This person needs advice and support, not being called a "****ing noob".
    This is bull****. I'm playing since 2-3 weeks now , lvl 15 with 100~ games and i have a leaver/afk on either side at least 3 games out of 4 and saw more than 10 intentionnal feeding.

I'm not lying , a true 5v5 on my 100~games should be around 20 times.

I still win , even 2v4 or 3v5 i manage to win, but it's really really killing the game experience

I'm a new player (To IC and mobas) and I have been told many times to just go afk or leave because I'm not doing what...well I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing (I'm not dying which I hear is a start). I don't get many kills and I get a lot of assists (on whatever char I'm playing which is bad) but I'm at the point where my deaths are less than kills and assists combined. Either way, getting told to afk without reasons why you're apparently playing badly happens a lot for me. That's ignoring the abuse that generally comes with it. (Maybe it's me but I make a distinction between newb and n00b)

I made a thread on the attitudes because I have seen a lot of players leave because the other players just get downright nasty. I haven't seen it being done intentionally to grief. I've only seen it in reaction to another horrible person.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

Protector

This is all anecdotal first of all, but I did get into a game where the entire enemy team quit. Now that was an easy win...