Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Considering Harmony

Whats the point of regular powers except for punishing new players even more?

When I saw the whole stolen power concept I was pretty intrigued as I figured we would be able to use these special powers from different heroes/villains to further customize our play style. However It's pretty damn disappointing that the stolen powers offers nothing but advantages.

Why not give advantages and cons? Like a healing wave that heals your allies for more than yourself? Or a teleport that has shorter reach but faster cooldown? Maybe a Shield that has a lower shield amount but returns the damage back to the enemy?

Right now it feels ridiculous since all the current concept boils down to is punishing new players. Heck I'm lvl 13 and have yet to obtain a single stolen power although I do like to play different heroes all the time. Most of the time it's high level players, in a premade, with custom amplifiers AND all kinds of stolen powers that roll though solo queue.

Re: Whats the point of regular powers except for punishing new players even more?

There is a teleport that has lower cooldown (Catwoman)
    and there are 2 artifacts that reflect damage-
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Re: Whats the point of regular powers except for punishing new players even more?

because those are the baseline powers, you have to earn the modified versions. if we didn't have the base powers anyone who doesn't have at least 2 champs at 5 would get no powers whatsoever

I think you two are missing the original thread poster's point. They are asking for give and take rather than just different versions of give.

In other words, an example would be a power that does double damage to the enemy but for every 2 health you take down, you lose 1 health back.

Mrlucho, for example, when the topic asked for a shorter cooldown like you said there was, you only read half the request. The topic asked for a shorter cooldown but half as far possible to teleport to. IE instead of full map, only say 50 feet out.

In all honesty I really hope that this does not happen and I would vote thumbs down to the request if I could. But I understand at least what the topic is asking for.

Considering Harmony

I would say it is because of the League Summoner spell model (and maybe DOTA as well, but I have never played that game so I don't know). You don't get access to all of the summoner spells until you reach at least 12th level I believe (it's was a LONG time ago that was an issue for me). So this model forces you to play a bunch to get the better versions of this game's summoner spells. You can buy the powers through merit, though it is very expensive, it is doable. You can get a few must haves (I've never played DD, but I certainly bought his shield) pretty easily without having to play the champ associated with the power.

I actually don't think new players are punished anywhere near as bad in this game as they are in League at least. Here the game gives you mods and augments if you don't own any. They may not be the best, but it's better than nothing. That doesn't happen in League. Heck in League, you don't get your final rune or mastery slot until you reach the MAXIMUM level you can attain. So in league a new player has no runes or masteries and is limited in summoner spells they can use. And of course, FLASH is the LAST summoner spell you gain access to. (unless something has changed in the 8 months or so since I last played League)

Remember there are two types of summoners in League: Those who take Flash/Ignite and those who take Ignite/Flash.

Well you could say that the point of default amplifiers is to punish new players because they don't have access to the optimal ones for each champion, or that the point of unlocking champions is to punish new players because they don't have access to the full roster.

Protector

I dont see any punishment here.. the standard Stolen powers are good, and the enhanced ones offer slight advantages. Teleport still gets you there, Healing wave still heals you for the same amount, Super Strength allows you to toss stuff for the same damage. Not only that if your level 12 you should have some mods unlocked, or a few extra unlocked champs.. stop whining and get 1 or more to level 5 its not that hard. Heck i get the free champs they rotate through each to level 5. You get 20 of them to level 5 and you get enough merit for a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mideran View Post
    I dont see any punishment here.. the standard Stolen powers are good, and the enhanced ones offer slight advantages. Teleport still gets you there, Healing wave still heals you for the same amount, Super Strength allows you to toss stuff for the same damage. Not only that if your level 12 you should have some mods unlocked, or a few extra unlocked champs.. stop whining and get 1 or more to level 5 its not that hard. Heck i get the free champs they rotate through each to level 5. You get 20 of them to level 5 and you get enough merit for a champ.
    Forcing people to play with heroes they don't want just to get stolen powers is not the best to get new people. They should just level unlock like league, this game basically copies league business but makes one more stupid mistake by making players to play with heroes they don't want or grind to get summoner spells.

How about we go the way and just give SP by account lvl unlocks like that other game you copied , LOL!!!

it's not like you losing money anyway since Stolen powers are bought with merits and not coins, so stop with the needlessly grind wall already.
    Last edited by Jestersmiles; 07-17-2014 at 02:58 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JestersmilesStream

http://www.twitch.tv/jestersmiles

R.I.P Main AD Harley Main tank API Back Up Tank Atomic Green lantern

Main Bruiser Super Girl

Considering Harmony

I don't feel as thought stolen powers are punishment in this game because they offer very little stats compared to the original ones I have seen many people do as good as a level 50 with normal stolen powers and the only thing I might understand here I the cost of stolen powers being too much but that's about it. new players sometimes seem to be kind of lazy these days and ask that their journey to high level be with a golden carpet although that's SOME. Now mods are something else they may need some discussion here because that may be punishing for new players

It does not offer THAT huge of an advantage. Instead it encourages people to level and try out multiple champions, and is a nice reward for people who own a wide variety of champs.

Forcing people to play with heroes they don't want just to get stolen powers is not the best to get new people. They should just level unlock like league, this game basically copies league business but makes one more stupid mistake by making players to play with heroes they don't want or grind to get summoner spells.
    .........The stolen power system is a great addition to the game: It gives nice merit boosts in the form of achievements. It encourages people to play different champions, increasing their knowledge of the game. It adds a level of customization to individual accounts.

Getting a champion to level 5 is a grind wall? Are you serious?