Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Protector Chaiftan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-El View Post
    Deathstroke is literally the least interesting DC villain. He has no greater motivations than being a mercenary, He has no grandiose plans, and It certainly doesn't take the entire Justice League to put him in his place. Depth Perception alone does that. His entire kite would be guns and his melee would be a sword. The idea is just... boring.

    There's a laundry list of villains that should be in game before Noobstroke, examples: Darkseid, Metallo, Lex luthor(PowerSuit), Bane, Larfleeze, Zod, Cheetah, Toyman, Zoom, Any of the Losers in Flash's rogues Gallery. Take your pick.
    I agree with you on everything here except:

    Bane is, was, and always will be a stupid villain. Was he ever written well? Nope. And how can you call the Rogues losers, lol? They are like most of the villains from the golden and silver age - cornball. They just stuck true to their roots and are my favorite antagonists in all of comicdom.

    Toyman would make an awesome champ. Deathstroke would make for a cliche champ and bring nothing new to the table. But the power of television and what not... Deathstroke will probably be in the game way before the really interesting DC characters.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night...
    Uh, watermelon, cantalope, yada yada...
    A superstitious and cowardly lot...
    With liberty and justice for all!
    -Duck Dodgers

  2. #12
    Considering Harmony Phil-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    O-H! I-O!
    Posts
    86

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    They are Losers in the sense that Flash even treats them like a joke. He doesn't even call them by their Villain names half the time just to rub it in how pathetic he thinks they are. But This gives them charm and like you said that Cornball goldenage theme. I Very much enjoy Flash's Rogues gallery and I meant no disrespect. :P

    As for Bane, have you even read Knightfall? He's as smart as Batman and physically far mor imposing. The Man masterminded a plan to break out Batman's entire rogue's gallery from Arkham at once, push him to the point of exhaustion, discover his secret identity, and then break him in his own home. Bane is a fantastic Bat Villain, up there with Joker and Ra'z Al Ghoul.

  3. #13
    Protector Chaiftan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-El View Post
    As for Bane, have you even read Knightfall? He's as smart as Batman and physically far mor imposing. The Man masterminded a plan to break out Batman's entire rogue's gallery from Arkham at once, push him to the point of exhaustion, discover his secret identity, and then break him in his own home. Bane is a fantastic Bat Villain, up there with Joker and Ra'z Al Ghoul.
    Which would have been awesome, if he didn't look like a reject drugged up luchodore the whole time. What really gets me about that whole thing is how he determines Bruce Wayne is Batman when no one else can. There is realism liberties taken in comics, and then there is Knightfall.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night...
    Uh, watermelon, cantalope, yada yada...
    A superstitious and cowardly lot...
    With liberty and justice for all!
    -Duck Dodgers

  4. #14
    Considering Harmony Phil-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    O-H! I-O!
    Posts
    86

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    I... what the.. don't even... Yeah he really is a drugged up Luchadore. Whatever, I still love the villain. He'd make a great enforcer.

  5. #15
    Community Advocate Cates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    142

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-El View Post
    Deathstroke is literally the least interesting DC villain. He has no greater motivations than being a mercenary, He has no grandiose plans, and It certainly doesn't take the entire Justice League to put him in his place. Depth Perception alone does that. His entire kite would be guns and his melee would be a sword. The idea is just... boring.

    There's a laundry list of villains that should be in game before Noobstroke, examples: Darkseid, Metallo, Lex luthor(PowerSuit), Bane, Larfleeze, Zod, Cheetah, Toyman, Zoom, Any of the Losers in Flash's rogues Gallery. Take your pick.
    So sad that you left Black Manta off this list. . . not a bad list, but IC needs this. Auto purchase.

    The old cartoon Legion of Doom. Nostalgia is OP.
    Last edited by Cates; 05-08-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    STATEMENT: WE WILL STOP THE UNSTOPPABLE TOGETHER.
    --Mecha Superman, from the Infinite Crisis - Fight for the Multiverse Comics

  6. #16
    Considering Harmony Phil-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    O-H! I-O!
    Posts
    86

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    You sir are 100% correct. I have shamed myself and the face of my father by leaving Black manta off that list. Black Manta was recently foreign to me until I watched Young Justice, and the character was amazing. So much so that he even improved Aquaman in my eyes a little... very little.

  7. #17

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-El View Post
    Deathstroke is literally the least interesting DC villain. He has no greater motivations than being a mercenary, He has no grandiose plans, and It certainly doesn't take the entire Justice League to put him in his place. Depth Perception alone does that. His entire kite would be guns and his melee would be a sword. The idea is just... boring.

    There's a laundry list of villains that should be in game before Noobstroke, examples: Darkseid, Metallo, Lex luthor(PowerSuit), Bane, Larfleeze, Zod, Cheetah, Toyman, Zoom, Any of the Losers in Flash's rogues Gallery. Take your pick.
    That's your own opinion he's pretty popular right now so yeah

  8. #18
    Protector Chaiftan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycogenesis View Post
    That's your own opinion he's pretty popular right now so yeah
    And bud light is the most popular beer in America.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night...
    Uh, watermelon, cantalope, yada yada...
    A superstitious and cowardly lot...
    With liberty and justice for all!
    -Duck Dodgers

  9. #19
    The Best of the Brightest of the Best Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,432

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaiftan View Post
    And bud light is the most popular beer in America.
    Alcohol is allowed in-game, so, that's why it can't appear .
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  10. #20
    Community Advocate Cates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    142

    Re: You've upset Deathstroke Turbine

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-El View Post
    You sir are 100% correct. I have shamed myself and the face of my father by leaving Black manta off that list. Black Manta was recently foreign to me until I watched Young Justice, and the character was amazing. So much so that he even improved Aquaman in my eyes a little... very little.
    I've been an Aquaman fan for a long time, but never more than now. Geoff Johns has done amazing things with Aquaman during new 52, and his take on Black Manta and Ocean Master has revitalized them both. Highly recommend reading the new 52 graphic novel collections of Aquaman if you haven't--Johns manages to acknowledge the lack of respect Aquaman gets from the general public, even from regular citizens in the DCU, while at the same time showing (not just telling) you why the King of Atlantis absolutely deserves respect.

    OK, end Aquaman rant in a "give us Deathstroke" thread. Sorry!
    STATEMENT: WE WILL STOP THE UNSTOPPABLE TOGETHER.
    --Mecha Superman, from the Infinite Crisis - Fight for the Multiverse Comics

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •