Question Empowered Eye of Ekron mod not working?

Has anyone been able to get the Eye of Ekron AoE power dmg mod to work? I've actually tested this mod a few times and I honestly can't see that it actually works in any perceivable way. Basic attacks don't AoE like the Mega Rod's mod does. Skill attacks don't AoE unless they are an AoE by default, and I don't actually notice any extra damage when it does AoE.

I tested this both with having enemies near my targets and again with enemies being around my body, just in case it worked differently than Mega Rod does, using both power attacks and basic attacks, and in no situation did the mod actually do the same thing that the Mega Rod did except for power users. With that mod not working at all it makes the merits spent on the mod feel like a complete waste, and in turn made me stop using that mod and stop using the Eye of Ekron artifact entirely since only the mod would have made that otherwise sub-par artifact situationally useful.

Re: Empowered Eye of Ekron mod not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Grengras View Post
    Has anyone been able to get the Eye of Ekron AoE power dmg mod to work? I've actually tested this mod a few times and I honestly can't see that it actually works in any perceivable way. Basic attacks don't AoE like the Mega Rod's mod does. Skill attacks don't AoE unless they are an AoE by default, and I don't actually notice any extra damage when it does AoE.

I tested this both with having enemies near my targets and again with enemies being around my body, just in case it worked differently than Mega Rod does, using both power attacks and basic attacks, and in no situation did the mod actually do the same thing that the Mega Rod did except for power users. With that mod not working at all it makes the merits spent on the mod feel like a complete waste, and in turn made me stop using that mod and stop using the Eye of Ekron artifact entirely since only the mod would have made that otherwise sub-par artifact situationally useful.
    Because it doesn't function like Megarod.

Once you use a skill, you get one free auto attack that does AOE splash damage. It functions more like Psi-Scim.
    Last edited by JLA-Lyri; 05-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

The bonus damage from Eye of Ekron is in a cone behind a target that you basic attack shortly after using a skill, and this can only be activated once every 2 seconds. This is different than Mega Rod, which is extra damage on every basic attack in a complete circle around your target.

Ah, thanks, Lyri. I tested this artifact and mod with PI but honestly couldn't see it working when I used her kiss. I'll have to test it again later now that I know exactly how it is supposed to work to see whether I just didn't notice it or whether there's some kind of interaction with the recent patch which made a few other mods not work. Thanks again. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Grengras View Post
    Ah, thanks, Lyri. I tested this artifact and mod with PI but honestly couldn't see it working when I used her kiss. I'll have to test it again later now that I know exactly how it is supposed to work to see whether I just didn't notice it or whether there's some kind of interaction with the recent patch which made a few other mods not work. Thanks again. ^^
    No worries, happy to help.
    The Eye of Ekron empowers your next auto attack after using a skill, it doesn't effect skills or supply you with constant AOE damage. The effect is very slight, it should be a blue cone.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o