Start taking bleed portal and taking counters for it.

It's starting to get a little annoying now. There are a ton of people that are complaining about having to see BP in GH. Lets say this as simple as possible. Its the meta game. Both teams should be taking bleed portal and taking counters for it. I mean yes the fact that bleed portals cooldown is so low is a problem, as stated here by me, but what amazes me is people notice this and do nothing to stop it. I really expect once people get their stuff together stolen power selection should look like this...

1.One to two Cameras (vision)
    2. Meteor for BP
    3. At least one or two stolen powers to counter the enemy BP. Don't give me that all 3 options are not good. Super Strength is not actually half bad in GH.

Its optional if you want to get X-ray vision to sweep wards.

Can people please move out of their comfort zones and try new things, instead of complain about someone else trying things that forces them to try new things to counter it. Oh god that sentence. Even if they nerf BP like to what it was before, though that window of time to counter it was short, it will still be viable in GH. This is how metas develop.
    Last edited by KoH_David12596; 05-08-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Re: Start taking bleed portal and taking counters for it.

In their defense people expect Gotham Heights to be a casual 15 min game.

BP requires teams to coordinate more. I've put up BP before the update and no one knew what to do with it. With pro-semi-pro-amateur teams forming up with coordinated voice chat and lots of group/team practice they know what to do. Solo/Noobs do not.

It's not a matter of liking or disliking, it's who are you playing against.

Hopefully the matching system will get more refined so that casual player doesn't face off with 5v1 on a BP jump to the Orbital Cannon.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Yea personally only know 2 people who understand how to use it and how to accelerate the game with it, the annoyance is set teams going against random teams with bleed portal in hand, taking advantage of player confusions, groups and random Queues shouldnt be pit against each other for this reason. No coordination against Ventrillo pro teamwork practiced bleed portal exploiting friends is just an exploit of the matching system. Ultimately its fair use, but alittle cowardly considering that matching in such a small community has no choice but to put teams of pro's against random people.

The game needs more people for better matchmaking and better matchmaking to encourage more people, a bit of a catch 22. Until then bleed portal will just take more advantage of perfected group vs random pub match ups. And I honestly think it should be disabled until that situation is worked out, Pro's will still have plenty of other ways to win since they are razor blade accurate in their strategies against people who just met, hate each other , disconnect, or don't even know how to play.
    If You Would Like Help With Anything
    Add me as a friend, Nenilai In game
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notable Player: Mr_Lucho (The First Advocate, he is to us as Kickass is to street heroes, friend this guy)
    Awesome Dev: IC_Celestrata (One of the coolest devs and just an inspirational person, she knows everything o_o)
    - Advocate Team -
    Here to answer questions you may have:
    BertRaccoon, BuddahMonk, Bladelordcal, Cates, Chronolinq, CH4_BrianFantana, CH4_Ron-Burgundy, C.Mystagen, Dage, F3_KTPearee, Gogollum, H2k_tSpark, Internettoughguy, Kuzon, Milutin, MrLucho, Nenilai, Nickthedevil, Paradigm, PeterPlatinum, Sacrilege, SicK.Kuma, TFX-Kirr, TgW_AgentX
    --------------------------------------------------
    Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
    Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,Taan lek lek nok...Formorrow Sur!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenilai View Post
    Yea personally only know 2 people who understand how to use it and how to accelerate the game with it (snip)
    Well I barely know how to use it. Some kind soul in a Practice Match showed me how to set it up. Then I added the mod so one of the custom setups I made (total S.W.A.G settings).

I have no idea what the "counter" is other than trying to blow up the entrance/exit. Not even sure how you can do that. Ima noob and I can barely key Q W E R T Y ... oops on the last 2 should be D F.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Blowing up the exit is the counter, which can be done through environment distruction or moving the thing stuck to the exit. This can be done through 3 stolen powers: Consume, Detonate, and Super Strength...or of course, being Mecha Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Well I barely know how to use it. Some kind soul in a Practice Match showed me how to set it up. Then I added the mod so one of the custom setups I made (total S.W.A.G settings).

I have no idea what the "counter" is other than trying to blow up the entrance/exit. Not even sure how you can do that. Ima noob and I can barely key Q W E R T Y ... oops on the last 2 should be D F.
    Well the current counters are Det, Consume, Super Strength, and/or MSM. Though if you use the mod the exits will not be removed even if you counter them, so i suggest not to use it until it gets fixed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by KoH_David12596 View Post
    Well the current counters are Det, Consume, Super Strength, and/or MSM. Though if you use the mod the exits will not be removed even if you counter them, so i suggest not to use it until it gets fixed next week.
    Dave I have seen one counter that seems quite previlant it's surrender ;p
    Robin use him because you should

It's amazing that after it's nerf in todays patch, which should really encourage people to counter it, people still do not counter it. I mean I voiced for it to have the icon so people can more easily counter it and notice when it's up. I also was the one asking for it to get the nerfs it got today and here we are. We use BP today in KotC and does anyone really focus on counter it? Sure it got countered once or twice, but that's hardly enough for the amount of times it should be countered. People really need to do there homework on GH when it comes to picks and bans, BP, and even items and stats. I really can't think of anything else to make it easier to communicate with a player to counter BP. "other then having a arrow over it that says "counter me'".

It's disappointing because really when we did out first Fight for Gotham Heights tourney Lodars team did there home work and it showed. Both teams took BP, took counters, wards, etc. The games where really close and when two bps are in play it really adds a new layer of gameplay when people watch GH. It's just annoying that just like months ago, no one is adapting to it...more so when the enemy team has 2-3 counters to it.