Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Investment 2 Mods should be nerfed

After returning to this game from a long hiatus during the snowball item stacking meta on Coast City, I've found Gotham Divided to be a very fun map with much healthier gameplay than Coast City, but after dominating most of my matches upon my return, I've noticed one massively overpowered mod set-up that should be investigated, namely the double Investment 2 start, where you start with 2 gambits, usually olympus and a flavor gambit boosting the power of the type of champion you're playing. After as little as 10 minutes into the game, the 2 gambit start begins to outscale any other mods I can think of, and given the average game length of Gotham Divided is 30-40 minutes(40-50 according to the devs, but that's pretty hopeful considering the disparity of match-making atm), you're basically guaranteed to be making about a coda blade's worth of gold every game for basically no trade-off, considering that an olympus+ 1 other gambit start barely puts you off the stat mark of any Nil item start, and once you get used to CSing without the recycle passive, you will end up with an amount of gold that's insurmountable by a player of an equal skill level. I propose 2 possible changes:

1) Apply the Investment 2 passive on tier 2 gambits.
    This is the easiest change and doesn't really affect the primary usage of these items, which is to bolster credit income for controllers/support-style junglers. It forces an extra 500 gold investment for carries looking to pad their gold income, and the salvaging cost of the tier 2 is more in line compared to the 25 credits lost salvaging a tier 1 gambit.

2) Keep investment 2 on tier 1 gambits, but make I2-modded gambits give no gold on salvage, perhaps nerf the income to 4 credits/10.
    Once again, this is focused more on supports, who usually wouldn't be salvaging these items in the first place, and reduces the effectiveness of this start on carries by reducing the overall credits gained by this start once they start having to sell the gambits for item slots.

I'm curious to see the community's and developers' thoughts on this. I don't think the end-game potential of any other mods outweigh the mid-game benefits of this start, and I'm seeing it become alarmingly more common. Is the problem that this start is too strong or perhaps other mods should be buffed?

Character Designer IC_ZombieColumbus's Avatar

Re: Investment 2 Mods should be nerfed

We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. While these changes to the Gambits have been in for a little while, the meta caught on that they are distortingly strong. We are absolutely making changes in a future update (details to follow). Thanks for the feedback!

We really like seeing threads like this, calling out problems that you guys see, especially with thoughts on directions we could take.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ZombieColumbus View Post
    We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. While these changes to the Gambits have been in for a little while, the meta caught on that they are distortingly strong. We are absolutely making changes in a future update (details to follow). Thanks for the feedback!

We really like seeing threads like this, calling out problems that you guys see, especially with thoughts on directions we could take.
    Could you please give a quick fix to the issue. Hotfix in a disable for them or just remove them + refund merit on them until you can get them in a reasonable state?

Quote Originally Posted by IC_ZombieColumbus View Post

Would making investment no longer stack just fix this issue or do you believe that would essentially remove any reason for anyone to pick up Gambits?
    Prior to Investment mods they were seldom seen.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    Would making investment no longer stack just fix this issue or do you believe that would essentially remove any reason for anyone to pick up Gambits?
    Prior to Investment mods they were seldom seen.
    Investment mods were always around. There were buffed to tier 1 rather than being a tier 2 bonus which caused these issues.

I used to run 3 investment mods all the time on my harley and arcGL builds and now I get called names for it

I DID IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Investment mods were always around. There were buffed to tier 1 rather than being a tier 2 bonus which caused these issues.

I used to run 3 investment mods all the time on my harley and arcGL builds and now I get called names for it

I'm aware, I've seen it before.
    I still think they should change it so it doesn't stack.

Congrats on being the IC hipster though. <3
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

What if the Keyword Stacking was moved to Level 2 Gambits only?
    #1 Scrub NA
    Good luck, have bacon.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLA-Lyri View Post
    I'm aware, I've seen it before.
    I still think they should change it so it doesn't stack.

Congrats on being the IC hipster though. <3
    Now I want my Harley/arcGL to have a fedora
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by TgW_Apoc_Meow View Post
    What if the Keyword Stacking was moved to Level 2 Gambits only?
    Isn't this how they were before the mods being added?

LE: nevermind. I read that wrong, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post

Rather, you did it before it was good xD