Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Letter to the Community

This is a great post Cardell. I appreciate this 100% and i feel like the time i've personally invested as a player of IC has come back to me in a form of dev/community interactions and this pushed that a step further. As a very invested IC player i often get emotional about patches and changes as you well know and well for yall at the turbine offices this is your baby! We all want the same thing and i love what you did here by opening up and bringing us into that world.

My recommendation to you in the future is to keep doing this. I personally enjoyed reading what you had to say and seeing how you responded to a negative situation. If nothing else we improve and move past a bad patch, no biggy!

<3 Krashy
    Connect with me!

I would like to echo Krashy's thanks for this post. I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to make this a great game. However, I do have a serious question: did you guys playtest the gambit mods at all? Or have anyone who plays at even a middling level read them and consider the implications? The severe strength of those mods was obvious the moment we were able to read it on paper. Before they were even live, it was called out by the community. So, with that being said... any chance of having someone on staff who actually plays the game read the proposed alterations to items for balance? Even a casual reading, from a casual player, made it very obvious how OP those mods are... and the current meta reflects that, with no player using less than 2 at high levels (unless forced by tournament rules to do otherwise).

Sometimes it takes a sneaky player to uncover what was meant to be innocent.
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

+10 respects, Cardell.

You and the Turbine employees keep doing what you're doing.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by coL_Krashy View Post
    This is a great post Cardell. I appreciate this 100% and i feel like the time i've personally invested as a player of IC has come back to me in a form of dev/community interactions and this pushed that a step further. As a very invested IC player i often get emotional about patches and changes as you well know and well for yall at the turbine offices this is your baby! We all want the same thing and i love what you did here by opening up and bringing us into that world.

My recommendation to you in the future is to keep doing this. I personally enjoyed reading what you had to say and seeing how you responded to a negative situation. If nothing else we improve and move past a bad patch, no biggy!

<3 Krashy

I cannot agree more. I know myself I can sometimes get, let's just say BM™, but it means a ton to have the Dev's be as active as the one's in this game are. The issues are always able to be remedied, but having them acknowledged shows a connection with the community that we can all appreciate. Thanks for everything Turbinerino!

For a game in beta I am excited how well things are flowing. Yeah we had a bad patch but I am looking more towards the great game it already feels like it will be.
    Playing @InfiniteCrisis with viewers. IC Coins giveaway every weekend PMish PST www.twitch.tv/kuwagtx
    YouTube - http://goo.gl/zFWkHf
    Please follow me on Twitter and let me know whats good! http://twitter.com/Kuwagtx

The game is growing up quiet fast and we can't forget that this is still Beta.

There are a lot of people comparing IC with LoL, DOTA, ...but that's like comparing milk with cheese, calm down, IC is still Beta (milk) LoL and DOTA are already made into cheese, let's wait to see who is the "tastier cheese".

I don't have many complains, there are already a few amount of characters and new ones are appearing, my only complain is the lag, probably some people would say: "Your internet sucks!", yeah, probably they're right, but in that case...here we go...I'm comparing with other MOBAs, but still, I understand, for example in LoL you have 2 servers in Europe, EUW and EUNE, and probably "more powerful" too, but I believe that with the crescent amount of people playing IC, with people investing on it, and with this good team of workers, someday (probably sooner) we will have 2 European servers and others.

PS: If I made any mistake, I'm sorry, English isn't my main language.

I appreciate Cardell's letter and the overall visibility and responsiveness of the turbine team. Glad to be here to see this game grow and improve. You've already done the impossible: You've made me relegate my MMOs and RPGs to something I do when I'm not playing IC. It's a miracle, really, to get me hooked on a MOBA, but look! Here I am. Thanks!
    STATEMENT: WE WILL STOP THE UNSTOPPABLE TOGETHER.
    --Mecha Superman, from the Infinite Crisis - Fight for the Multiverse Comics

I love the visibility and communication that you guys give the players. That being said, I'm curious as to why you guys wait till patch day to implement any bug fixes. After the last patch with Aquaman getting removed and the AWW, GA bugs and what not, it would have been nice not to have to wait a whole month to get those fixed. I know it looks really good on patch day when you can give a huge list of issues being fixed but like right now making the stacking a keyword so it doesn't stack or whatever you guys do you fix the gambits, it'd be nice not to have to wait a month for that to be changed.

I also reflect the above statements of thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to communicate with the community!

No question about it, thank you.

However, something that really needs fixing over bugs, (since we all know its beta and are fine with that) imo:

I just wish that Fantus and Zag (just specific examples, everyone's on this bandwagon, really, but I can't list everyone now can I?) didn't openly (on stream, etc) bash GH, directly or indirectly. That being from Fantus: "We intended for GD to be our competitive map from day 1", zag: "Meh, gh is just a funday map", Pros: (I'd call Krashy a Pro but that would be insulting to soap dishes across the nine realms) "eh, it doesn't take any skill to play", then when called out, don't want to scrim the map since there's no point to do it.

The non-GD maps don't need more help to go in the "less played" direction as it is, and they're definitely going that way as of right now.

It completely destroys the map's chances for popularity and any chance (I said chance, not next week it's at MLG, chill) at it being part of a pro scene. "Oh but you have to be good at all maps for the Kings of Crisis tourney!" True, and that's a great start, but you can't make someone enjoy playing a map that they don't see progressing further than they need to invest time into it. That goes for CC, too. We keep hearing "We all love all our maps", yet the Dev representation in front of the community is completely different. Yeah we're all individuals and prefer certain things, but when they're representing the company who claims to "love all maps, all your base are belong to us", then I expect to hear every map being talked about for its strong points, not what a joke it is in some way or another.

"Silly Nerdock, people like GH, you don't know what's up, blah blah blah!" Orly? Then maybe you can tell me why my team is the only one signed up for FGH#2. We had 10 potential teams with 2 subs each registered for FGH#1. We had 3 teams show up for FGH#1. It's not promoted well? A) That's halfway expected, David and I are the only one's doing it; on the forums and in in-game chat lobbies. B) CC get's promoted by Turbine WAY more than FGH does. C) Everyone's drinking the GD Koolaid. D) Why go on, if you're not convinced by now, I'm just wasting my time.

Bugs whatever (Cyril whatever), that along with optimizing the game will get fixed in time. Let's not shoot ourselves in the population foot before we even get out the door on which maps will be played more or less, or promoted more or less. (GH Tourney promotion amount vs. amount of promotion that nightly CC games gets)

Because honestly, if GH popularity doesn't pick up? I'm out. Not because "vengeful this or that", I'm not even angry (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130110012350/random-ness/images/e/e2/I_ain't_even_mad_will_smith.png), it's just a statement of fact. People who I'd seen on and were hitting me up about the GH tourney weren't logging on anymore, Oboroscion, Bat_Sean, the list quite literally goes on and on. The GH regulars population is dwindling. MY team is even getting sick of playing it vs. randoms SO much so that they're playing GD most of the time.

I'm just SO sick of trying to revive game modes that are amazing, but that people don't even want to play simply because a tri-lane map (hold onto your hat: it's the same reason people buy Apple products) "is the popular thing to play". And especially if the *dev's* are saying one thing and promoting another (mostly individually, but while on a Turbine sanctioned stream) and further widening the gap between maps and their populace? Pass.

I'm just looking for equal exposure (which includes CC by the way) and it's definitely not happening yet. So forget champ releases and bugs for the future, let's get on the same page as to what constitutes "supporting a map/all maps equally".
    Last edited by KoH_Nerdock; 05-20-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    "Fights in Gotham Heights!" Official Tourney Registration Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ration-Thread*!)

"Fights in Gotham Heights!" Rules and Procedures Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-(NOT-signups)