Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bored of afk's

Re: Bored of afk's

No if you read online they're motto is "its gonna happen..so.." There are no repercussions for AFK players currently. As far as i could find to report... They sit there for the xp while others do the work or work to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by kraiden3 View Post
    its because people usually que at the same time with a computer and a laptop.
    they block eachother so they wont wind up on the same team.

They then wait for a pop on both accounts. and join the match with both, if they dont get a pop with both they leave que and try again.

they then play the hero they want to go for the cycle for, and call lanes in loby that their other account is going to.

They then feed themselves kills from the laptop account. and then go afk.

this has been the issue of my last 5 post and the reason why I dont play the game as much as I want to play.

this will be a problem as long as they have games pop at different times and as long as they allow players from the same IP address who have eachother blocked, play on opposing teams.
    type all of this out in your reporting of the players. the devs are taking afks seriously and right now I believe the punishment is different levels of bane. like for a couple of hours then days and so on. personally if what you are saying is true then I think those players should lose merit.

Quote Originally Posted by kraiden3 View Post
    its because people usually que at the same time with a computer and a laptop.
    they block eachother so they wont wind up on the same team.

They then wait for a pop on both accounts. and join the match with both, if they dont get a pop with both they leave que and try again.

they then play the hero they want to go for the cycle for, and call lanes in loby that their other account is going to.

They then feed themselves kills from the laptop account. and then go afk.

this has been the issue of my last 5 post and the reason why I dont play the game as much as I want to play.

this will be a problem as long as they have games pop at different times and as long as they allow players from the same IP address who have eachother blocked, play on opposing teams.
    if i get this right when you block someone you can't get matched with this guy? but you can get matched against him?

that would be so bad. i can just block all the bad players, forceing me to be in a good team.
    Protectors lvl 51
    KDA : 7/3/5
    K/D Ratio : 2.40

My Jokers Mega Guide : https://www.dawnbase.com/guides/xawa...guide-59268645

Twitter : https://twitter.com/IC_Xawas

Quote Originally Posted by Xawas View Post
    if i get this right when you block someone you can't get matched with this guy? but you can get matched against him?

that would be so bad. i can just block all the bad players, forceing me to be in a good team.
    This is not true. Seriously, I have no idea who perpetuates these rumors. I consistently get teamed with people I've blocked before.

This rumor has perpetuated across nearly EVERY MOBA. Every day on League I'd hear that rumor. "I'M GOING TO BLOCK YOU SO I NEVER HAVE TO PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN!" It doesn't work, stop acting like it does, and stop telling people it does. It doesn't work on League, Smite, HoN, DOTA2, Infinite Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by UnkemptHobo View Post
    This is not true. Seriously, I have no idea who perpetuates these rumors. I consistently get teamed with people I've blocked before.

This rumor has perpetuated across nearly EVERY MOBA. Every day on League I'd hear that rumor. "I'M GOING TO BLOCK YOU SO I NEVER HAVE TO PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN!" It doesn't work, stop acting like it does, and stop telling people it does. It doesn't work on League, Smite, HoN, DOTA2, Infinite Crisis.
    I can confirm this. especially as you go higher in level and there become fewer and fewer players playing at that level.

That's quite a lot of AFK players! Be sure to report them, it does work. I rarely see AFKers in the games I play, I suppose the only advice I can give is to simply keep reporting and keep playing. It's definitely an annoying issue, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cg_paradigm View Post
    That's quite a lot of AFK players! Be sure to report them, it does work. I rarely see AFKers in the games I play, I suppose the only advice I can give is to simply keep reporting and keep playing. It's definitely an annoying issue, for sure.
    Same here. As you pass a certain level there are less and less AFK mainly because after a certain level you stop being matched with newer players that go AFK for a variety of reasons :

- PC can't handle the game
    - They don't understand the game, get killed a few times ->quit
    - They are newbies and people call them noobs and what not ->quit
    - New player, tries out a bunch of champs, sucks on most (because he/she's new) + apply one of the above -> quit
    AND it's sort of a vicious circle. If you don't like any little thing about a particular match, you are more inclined to quit because you see so many others do the same.

But I guarantee that this stops if you are just a bit patient. These things mainly happen to people with newer accounts (= lower account level), and after you pass a certain level you're not matched up with people under a certain level (15, or 20 i dunno for sure). Can confirm that after a point the AFKs are super rare and that's usually because of a PC crash, internet connection problems etc.

My problem with MOBAs is they are more annoyance than enjoyment. I'm absolutely in love with IC and I'm usually the guy with most kills and caps (if not the second most of times), but what is really a let down in these games is the lack of replacement on a match. I know, I know, if they replace a kicked afker they will be way behind the team, but I don't know there would be something to do because I'd rather lose a 5vs5 match than a 4 or 3vs5, IMHO.

I would rather have an AFk then a Feed. IE someone who dies 22 times.