that multiple gold-items strategy, is it really a strategy ?

I want to talk about something i see in Gotham Divided, ans something i try to look who it is.

I talk about that kind of strategy that consist of building 2, 3, even the 4 items that can give money (between 3 and 5 gold per 10 seconds) with upgrades than made that the gold power of those items is reduced to one level of the object.

After having tested that strategy in a real game, witch i play a poison ivy, i can say that i found this strategy really much powerfull. I was playing to help my ally on his lane, so, i let him the farm, and i just get the gold of some kills. I have nearly the same level of glod than him, and much more than any ennemy. i have seen this strategy in a game when the champion who do that was alone on his lane, on top. I found that he really quickly had twice the money of his ennemy, in the 10 first minutes of the game. Of course, a part of his money was spent in those items, but has he just need the level one of the object to get the money, and as he gonna sell this items later, he have really quickly an amount of money really important. Also, those items give somes others things, like health, some armor and magic armor, etc... So, he was not really in a bad situation at start at all.

So, i got that thought: Is that really the purpose of those objects ? Are their in the game to do that kind of strategy ? Cause, even if the guy don't do anything, or even if he don't have a good start, he gonna, in the end, have a really big amount of money.
    With 2 objects who have +5/10s, the champion gonna have +1/s. if i remember good, a normal wave give nearly 80 when you last hit all of them... So, every 80s, it's like the ennemy last hit a normal wave for free. In 8 minutes, he gonna have 6 free waves. With just 2 objects.

This strategy, who seem's very powerfull, don't need more than 2 upgrades and less than 1000 gold in the game, when you start with 750... Also, has i say, those items give to the champs some others things, so, it's not really wasted, especially when you think than they can sold it after and have a part of the cost back.

In fact, the main problem of that strategy his that you need no action in the game to have that. Just buy and have the upgrade. all the others objects can give you advantage in fight if you attack, or if you're attacked, or if you do something in the game. this strategy just need that you buy and that's good.

Maybe i've wrong, maybe it's a strategy like others, maybe it's less powerfull than i think, but i had this feeling that it's not for this purpose that this kind of items was created. I think it's for helping controllers champs, who will often be with a marksman who need farm, to have some gold and don't being left behind their teammates. But, as you can have more than one gold item who give you gold, you can have that kind of strategy, and it seem's really powerfull.

(I'm sorry for all the errors in my text, english is not my native language, and it's not easy for me, but I hope it's clear enough to understand what i'm talking about)

Re: that multiple gold-items strategy, is it really a strategy ?

That's why they are being changed this week.

Ah, i don't see that.
    In fact, I have made a game with just one object, without modification.
    It give 600 credits (after deducted the cost of the object) to my champ in 40 minutes (nearly the time of a game).
    So, I can imagine with 2 or 3 ojects with upgrades...

but if you say so, I will wait and see what gonna change.
    Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    The Gambits are not considered an exploit, and we we can remove them from the store, we currenlty do not have the tech to remove them from users that have already purchased them. That being said, they are definitely not being used as we had envisioned and thus are going to be changed in the next update, which is scheduled to go live on June 4th.

Here is how they will look after the above mentioned update:

• Investments will no longer stack. Only the highest rank Investment will apply and only one.
    • The sell back percentages of Gambits is being reduced to 25% (was 90%) at Tier 1 and 50% (was 75%) at Tier 2.
    • The Altered Gambit mods will now give Investment 1 (3 per 10s) at Tier 1 and Investment 2 (5 per 10s) at Tier 2.
    These are the changes being made, if you are interested.

Protector

Thankfully 'tomorrow' we should be getting the nerfs finally. I posted a good long paragraph talking about it on this thread but apparently it did not go thru. Thankfully as i 'wished', the nerfs to fix it will include a 'no stacking method' and give it a 'scaling gambit effect' instead of giving a straight 5 credits per 10 seconds. It will greatly reduce the potential, but i do hope flash gets his well deserved nerfs too, alongside other characters (gaslight catwoman's crazy jump in burst power and Aquaman[even though he did get nerfs but feels like it didnt cinch it]'s bruiser able to play assassin style gameplay) who need to be smoothed to a balance where they can easily fight down alot of other heroes and barely need any 'key items' to do so. I've had plenty of times where it seemed too easy where a assassin or bruiser can jump a tank and support and kill both of them with ease, even though both of them clearly had armor to counter the enemy and more then half their health and a champion like gaslight catwoman can rip thru them with next to nothing on 'penetration' bonuses.

Plus this at least makes it more 'tamed', so people can still use the mod, but will do so with the incentive to 'complete it', and only use it to give a tiny edge 'AND' still have to be active in laning/jungling for credits. The sell back reduction value is pretty nice too, but it would be the least of the issue i would say on what made those gambits 'op'.

Course if gambits will have a 'no stacking' same effect anymore, that means likely mods such as +25% crit dmg with velocity 9s will no longer stack with joe revolver's +50% or +75% crit dmg effects. Beyond regular stat increases i guess this should not be a problem, since not many items have effects that would typically be the 'same and stack', Though it would be nice to see Deathstroke get a little nerfed on its 5% hp killer, since i've seen alot of people just plain build as a tank and just use it to turn into a fortress cling'er on other opponents and win in the end, less the opponent is running more attack speed and a deathstroke themselves to 'out slayer'm' as a result.

Hope the devs made sure to coat the forums in fireproof paint cause i am sure we're going to get quite a few people 'groaning' in ways such as 'OMFG GIMMIE BACK MAI META!!!1' or 'YOU JERKZ IMMA QUIT YOUR GAME CUZ YOU DESTROYED WHAT MADE ME SO L337 and EPIC PROZ!!1!1!'. Funny too since gambits were originally underpowered beyond the intentional bonus of a aura that gives a huge team fight advantage (especially when you got a 10% lifesteal and 15% atk speed aura to give you, maybe one or more allies, a edge against a enemy who built themselves to be a 'tank'). Considering its a beta, its even more hilarious when people do that, when the only reason they can actually 'rage' like that is because they want to earn money in the tournaments, just divides the players who actually take the time to play a game to enjoy it and actually explore how various champs can be played and the mooks who just follow the meta alongside with any champion who are overpowered and benefit way too much on a 'abusive' meta of each month.
    Last edited by Alvienal; 06-03-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: mis typed a few parts.

to late. in another thread that addressed this issue and the devs responded, people began to complain. Not about the meta ending but about not getting refunds for the merit they spent on the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    to late. in another thread that addressed this issue and the devs responded, people began to complain. Not about the meta ending but about not getting refunds for the merit they spent on the mods.
    Meh, people will ask for refunds on anything in this game, as far as I can see from the forums, so I don't think that's grounds for concern:P

The gambits are basically garbage on everyone now