Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Champion Profile: Gaslight Joker

If we want to start the whole "copying" game, Where did LoL stem from bud??? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    To sum it up:

Mundo:

- passive health regen
    - Spamable ranged cleaver throw
    - Magic AE dmg around him
    - Steroid increasing Attack dmg based on current health percentage
    - Massive heal boost

Joker:

- conditional health regen
    - Single melee hit with heal
    - Ranged AE CC ability
    - Dmg and slow around him

You see, the only real thing is the resource, which is health. Everything is pretty different. Sure you can twist and punch it to look closer but taking two random bruisers from any moba will get you the same.
    It depends on your point of view, but I think your probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoirst View Post
    If we want to start the whole "copying" game, Where did LoL stem from bud??? Thanks.
    We are talking about characters. Please, show me two similar characters from DotA and LoL so we can discuss about it.

first of all i like GJ seems kinda cool and second even if he is a copy of mundo (who in my opinion isnt) lets face until now lol is the best moba out there and most of the new mobas out there at the begining started by copying lol and lol started by copying dota face it everyone this is how it happens usualy. until every game develops its own unique style it will remind other games

Stop bitching about copying. The Infinite Crisis team has to collect ideas from others. You think when you would make a character you wouldnt browse ideas for inspiration? There are only 2 relevant games they can be inspired by. DOTA, DOTA 2 and League of Legends (not mentioning HoN cuz thats just a straight up copy of dota 1). IMO Gaslight Joker is original. There is nothing 'copy cat' about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Costain View Post
    Stop bitching about copying. The Infinite Crisis team has to collect ideas from others. You think when you would make a character you wouldnt browse ideas for inspiration? There are only 2 relevant games they can be inspired by. DOTA, DOTA 2 and League of Legends (not mentioning HoN cuz thats just a straight up copy of dota 1). IMO Gaslight Joker is original. There is nothing 'copy cat' about it.

Actually, I spoke to one of the guys who develops LoL and it seems that think about new abilities is the easiest thing to do (altought balancing it may be a little bit frustrating), so I don't think they NEED inspiration to do it.

Have to say that Fear is lovely thing. can do so many annoying things. So I have to say that I like this char.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    To sum it up:

Mundo:

- passive health regen
    - Spamable ranged cleaver throw
    - Magic AE dmg around him
    - Steroid increasing Attack dmg based on current health percentage
    - Massive heal boost

Joker:

- conditional health regen
    - Single melee hit with heal
    - Ranged AE CC ability
    - Dmg and slow around him

You see, the only real thing is the resource, which is health. Everything is pretty different. Sure you can twist and punch it to look closer but taking two random bruisers from any moba will get you the same.
    Exactly. They aren't the same at all lol.

Sry about my bad english, at first.

First time i saw the spotlight and Gaslight Joker, he realy remember me of Mundo. Fat Guy with abilities which costs health. But i dont see there any problem of copying. There a a lot of differents between joker and mundo and from my opinion, the most is about the play-feeling, that it looks like.

And realy.... moba isnt 500 years old. Some Idea you create is surly be in some other games in another or the same way. And i think its okey to find something familiar in a new game.

I am going to agree with Sunoke. If you can find a champ that feels familiar you are likely to play them since they feel a little more natural to you than a totally new playstyle. If I mained Mundo I would go with Gaslight Joker in a heartbeat since their playstyles are similar. Yes, their abilities are different and work in different ways, but for those who like a character who burns through his own health bar for benefits, Gaslight Joker is an obvious choice for a champ to try out. By putting in characters that remind people of their favorite champs from other games is in no way a bad thing; in fact, it might be the deciding factor if someone wants to pick up the game or not (try a different game but still have something familiar).

I am not sure if the life costs are correctly balanced for the hero but the game is still in beta so it is understandable I 'd really like to play some matches with him.He is a very interesting hero and I 'd say difficult (as much I 've seen from the champion profile)
    Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation