Hey all! In case you didn't see, the June Update patch is in. A chunk of Stolen Power updates are going out with this patch. As described below, this is a first step before some more substantial changes. Stolen Powers have had time to mature, both int he meta and in out design plans for IC overall. I'm very interested in feedback on this first pass, what kind of changes you'd like to see and any thoughts you have in general on Stolen Powers!
With this update we are beginning a global balance pass on Stolen Powers. For now, we are hitting some of the outliers; powers we believe to be greatly over or under-performing. In future updates, we will be re-assessing the role of each power and making some adjustments to the balance between the base and unique versions of the skills. Enjoy, and tell us what you think on the Stolen Powers below!
Meteor Drop’s long range has opened it up to some interesting plays. We’re going to keep pushing this direction and keep an eye on the skill to see if it needs more. Green Lantern’s Drop is over-performing so we are toning it down. With the range increase to the base skill, we want to make sure it doesn’t become degenerate.
- Range increased from 3000 to 4500
- Green Lanterns Meteor Drop Power Damage ratio reduced from 45% to 35%
The potency of Invulnerability is high, and this is okay, but its long duration meant there was usually more than enough time to escape to the safety of turrets or team. We want tighter timing on this skill, while leaving the bonus health where it was.
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2.
Jungle ganks with Psychic Assault are a little stronger then we’d like, so we’re going to start with a small reduction in the duration. Future changes to this skill may see a more substantial redesign, but not for this update.
- Duration from 3 to 2.5
- Zatannas Psychic Assault duration reduced from 3.5 to 3 and Move Speed reduction reduced from 45% to 40%
- Sinestro's variant will now properly scale the armor rend effect with your level.
Super Strength is awesome to watch. Super Strength is not being used enough. Time to dial it up! THROW ALL THE THINGS!
- Range increased from 800 to 850.
- Knockup increased from 1.25 to 1.5.
- Range increased from 900 to 950.
- Damage increased from 80 +30/lvl to 90 +35/lvl.
Green Arrow’s Camera has almost single-handedly spelled the doom of X-ray Vision. We’re going to start with a heavy reduction on its duration, and keep watching.
- Green Arrow's Surveillance Camera stealth piercing duration reduced from 10s to 5s.
The amount of map control Teleport gives well organized teams is incredible. We like the great lane switching or sudden jungle ganks the skill leads to, but the frequency was a bit too high.
- Cooldown increased from 300 to 360.
- Catwoman's Teleport cooldown increased from 240s to 300s.
- You can now activate Teleport and click to a surveillance camera on the minimap to teleport to it. No more having to send your camera over to it first!
Trap is in a very weak place right now, and ultimately will need a more significant revision, but number changes are what we are going to start with. Keep your eyes open!
- Cooldown reduced from 30s to 25s
- Root duration increased from 1s to 1.5s
X-ray vision used to be overly potent at controlling objectives, but the balance changes we made previously have pushed it down rather far. We’re going to take a small step here to help it out relative to Surveillance Camera.
- Reduce cooldown from 120s to 100s