Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Character Designer IC_ZombieColumbus's Avatar

June Update - Stolen Powers

Hey all! In case you didn't see, the June Update patch is in. A chunk of Stolen Power updates are going out with this patch. As described below, this is a first step before some more substantial changes. Stolen Powers have had time to mature, both int he meta and in out design plans for IC overall. I'm very interested in feedback on this first pass, what kind of changes you'd like to see and any thoughts you have in general on Stolen Powers!

Stolen Powers
    With this update we are beginning a global balance pass on Stolen Powers. For now, we are hitting some of the outliers; powers we believe to be greatly over or under-performing. In future updates, we will be re-assessing the role of each power and making some adjustments to the balance between the base and unique versions of the skills. Enjoy, and tell us what you think on the Stolen Powers below!

Meteor Drop
    Meteor Drop’s long range has opened it up to some interesting plays. We’re going to keep pushing this direction and keep an eye on the skill to see if it needs more. Green Lantern’s Drop is over-performing so we are toning it down. With the range increase to the base skill, we want to make sure it doesn’t become degenerate.
    • Range increased from 3000 to 4500
    • Green Lanterns Meteor Drop Power Damage ratio reduced from 45% to 35%

Invulnerability
    The potency of Invulnerability is high, and this is okay, but its long duration meant there was usually more than enough time to escape to the safety of turrets or team. We want tighter timing on this skill, while leaving the bonus health where it was.
    • Duration reduced from 3 to 2.

Psychic Assault
    Jungle ganks with Psychic Assault are a little stronger then we’d like, so we’re going to start with a small reduction in the duration. Future changes to this skill may see a more substantial redesign, but not for this update.
    • Duration from 3 to 2.5
    • Zatannas Psychic Assault duration reduced from 3.5 to 3 and Move Speed reduction reduced from 45% to 40%
    • Sinestro's variant will now properly scale the armor rend effect with your level.

Super Strength
    Super Strength is awesome to watch. Super Strength is not being used enough. Time to dial it up! THROW ALL THE THINGS!
    Small Object
    • Range increased from 800 to 850.
    • Knockup increased from 1.25 to 1.5.

Large Object
    • Range increased from 900 to 950.
    • Damage increased from 80 +30/lvl to 90 +35/lvl.

Surveillance Camera
    Green Arrow’s Camera has almost single-handedly spelled the doom of X-ray Vision. We’re going to start with a heavy reduction on its duration, and keep watching.
    • Green Arrow's Surveillance Camera stealth piercing duration reduced from 10s to 5s.

Teleport
    The amount of map control Teleport gives well organized teams is incredible. We like the great lane switching or sudden jungle ganks the skill leads to, but the frequency was a bit too high.
    • Cooldown increased from 300 to 360.
    • Catwoman's Teleport cooldown increased from 240s to 300s.
    • You can now activate Teleport and click to a surveillance camera on the minimap to teleport to it. No more having to send your camera over to it first!

Trap
    Trap is in a very weak place right now, and ultimately will need a more significant revision, but number changes are what we are going to start with. Keep your eyes open!
    • Cooldown reduced from 30s to 25s
    • Root duration increased from 1s to 1.5s

X-ray Vision
    X-ray vision used to be overly potent at controlling objectives, but the balance changes we made previously have pushed it down rather far. We’re going to take a small step here to help it out relative to Surveillance Camera.
    • Reduce cooldown from 120s to 100s

Re: June Update - Stolen Powers

Im glad my Fav stolen powers got a nice buff. My question is, how Shaz invul is affected by the duration, knowing that has a heal while the shield lasts. Are other stolen powers like mww trap afected by this?
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    My question is, how Shaz invul is affected by the duration, knowing that has a heal while the shield lasts.

I was wondering the same thing

Maybe it's a bit too much or very hard to implement, but I think special stolen powers should be unique. By that I mean, each game only one champ can pick GA cams, if someone have them already the rest have to pick a different stolen power cam. This applies to all stolen powers, the only exception is the basic ones, for example if everyone in your team want to pick basic camera they can.

This way the game would have more variety of picked stolen powers.

Character Designer IC_ZombieColumbus's Avatar

Shazam's Invulnerability heal is reduced as well, yes. We're aware that it is already an unpopular unique variant, and will be looking at it more in future updates.

As for restricting powers, it's an interesting idea. However, the pool of unique powers we have now is a bit small for a mode like that. I'd want to wait till we have at least 4 unique powers per category.

Meteor Drop changes: Spot on. Great job! Seriously, love the changes.

Invulnerability: Seems decent enough, other than the fact that Shazam's Invuln was nerfed far more than Doomsday's, which was already the stronger in most serious play. I'd suggest a rebalancing of those against each other... I'd like to see both viable.

Psychic Assault: Respectfully, I don't agree. I don't think it needed a nerf at all. But thanks for fixing the armor rend scaling on Sinestro's.

Super Strength: It's still not viable. I'd suggest rather than those numbers buffs, a shorter cooldown.

Surveillance Camera: Good nerf, but possibly still not enough. It does make Robin's cams more viable, which I like.

Teleport: Not a fan of the nerf. Not because I think it shouldn't have been nerfed, but because I think it's the wrong nerf. My suggestion: old cooldowns, but slower teleport. Maybe 5/10 instead of 4/8.

Trap: Still useless, but I think you know that. Suggestion: after arming, they become stealthed, but are not stealthed until they arm themselves.

X-Ray Vision: I like the buff, but I honestly think that the "right" X-ray hasn't been made yet. Suggested one I'd like to see in another post, one that auto-procs when a stealthed hero enters the range and is not in a stealth pad... which I think would be self-balancing as if you know it's there you can then burn it by stealthing, and stealth again later.

Protector

On thing i must say with teleports.
    You can Target an allied turret, drone or surveillance camera to blink to it after channeling for 4 seconds. Control points may also be targeted, but only if they are uncontested.

So you can stop someone from Teleporting to a control point, by basically stepping on it, but why can't you destroy the Drone or Camera they are using to teleport in with?

From what i have seen, once the teleport starts, the drone or camera they are using becomes invulnerable. But why? shouldn't it be a viable option to destroy the thing to prevent them from returning. Normally a teleport is used after an exchange, where you were able to get them run away, but are now hurting, if you see the little teleport animation firing up, you know that a fully healed champ is on his way, and if your not close to full health your only option is to run away from it, which honestly is kind of a **** option.

We should be able to deny a teleport by destroying the item they are using to come in on.
    Last edited by Mideran; 06-05-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: some typos

Suggestion for a new stolen power "Density Shift"(and I heard the ones that we have right now is what we will have for a while), but something to play with for when Martian Manhunter comes along. When activated it makes you un-targetable for X amount of time(no skills or attks can be used, but their cooldowns continue) Great for those champs with not a lot of escape options(i.e. cyborg).

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    Maybe it's a bit too much or very hard to implement, but I think special stolen powers should be unique. By that I mean, each game only one champ can pick GA cams, if someone have them already the rest have to pick a different stolen power cam. This applies to all stolen powers, the only exception is the basic ones, for example if everyone in your team want to pick basic camera they can.

This way the game would have more variety of picked stolen powers.
    I think that would cause problems with the Teleport stolen powers...

I really like the idea that traps go invisible after arming, as atm youd have to be an idiot to get caught in one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHawkVII View Post
    Suggestion for a new stolen power "Density Shift"(and I heard the ones that we have right now is what we will have for a while), but something to play with for when Martian Manhunter comes along. When activated it makes you un-targetable for X amount of time(no skills or attks can be used, but their cooldowns continue) Great for those champs with not a lot of escape options(i.e. cyborg).
    this sounds like a fun skill, would have to be really short duration tho, otherwise would just be so OP like a free blood bargain, but imagine dodging a powerful ult using it, like GL's plane