Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Re: Total Biscuit agrees! Enough with the "its beta" excuse!

http://lefthandbrewing.com/wp/wp-con...4/well-bye.jpg

What behavior? Balance changes, in a PvP game? Seriously? You don't have a legitimate gripe at all.

Change the title to "entitled whiner is whiny". It's more fitting.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by iLLMATiK View Post
    lol..just because something is wide spread, doesn't make it right. you f*gboys can keep white knighting all you want. I on the other hand will not support this kind of behavior. You are right about one thing, games like this aren't for me. It is my fault for spending money on this POS and I've already stated lesson learned, but that doesn't mean I don't have a legitimate gripe. anyway, im done with this game and it's lame *** community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqeXSYc8nE
    no one said that its right ..do u think all of this big companies like riot and valve wanted to have bad patches and stuff like that?...its like saying to have the planet earth stoping from rotating...bad things happen and it happens to everyone the only thing that one can do is to make them happen very rarely .

and ur saying that this patch is bad without even giving it a try...like saying a food is bad without even tasteing it.good job bro.
    ‎"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
    ”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.”

http://twitch.tv/johnatel

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    what constructive input, deal with it.... see this is an exact example of "white knighting", defending something with no information to back up your opinion other than "I love this thing so stop bashing it"...

what other input u want?rageing on the forums?thats constructive?...lots of people whine about the patch without even trying it or giving it a chance..thats right tell me?
    ‎"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
    ”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.”

http://twitch.tv/johnatel

While some may feel the word beta means nothing to them, to us it means exactly what it is supposed to mean. The product is ready for a larger scale of testing, but is not ready for full launch status. Everyone can argue about how others may have handled things but at the end of the day we are not anyone else. When we say something is in beta, that is exactly what it means.

This game is in beta, we are going to be making changes, some dramatic. We are going to be adding features, some big some small. Some things you might be used to are going to change. The game you are playing right now, is not the finished product.

So please try not to bash anyone who comes in that understands that beta is what we mean it to be. A place to test and make changes and improvements to the game.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

I value the fact that the game is in beta and prone to large scale changes. This is to be expected so there's going to be some trial and error along the way especially with a new IP like this one. What clouds the situation is having a price point thats very high, even higher than other mobas who have a complete and better game like the crisis coin prices for champions. Perhaps when the game is complete and every champion is immaculately balanced you might want people to pay those prices. That day feels a long, long way off and certainly isnt today.

TotalBiscuit, once again shows that he's not even cynical, he's just uninformed. It's all well and good to complain about betas and cash shops but,-- wait a minute no it's not!

I don't know how so many people can have this apparent idea that a game company has a pool of generic resources that they can just apply to the things they want done. That's not true. There's the Marketing team, Systems, Champion Design, Level Design, Web Team, QA, etc. Inside these teams there are coordinated cells. The systems team probably has a group that controlled their bland-as-rice internal network, another for supporting the web / marketing guys, one for the game servers, etc. You get it.

The cash shop is probably a mixture of web / marketing with a dash of systems. Now, I'm not quite sure on this one, but I'd venture to guess that the marketing team and web team isn't exactly qualified to fix Gambits or nerf Flash (titter). I also think that the website has always been fantastically maintained. So that leaves all these wonderful people in marketing and the web team crushing little bugs and fixing typos.

What do you want them to do? Sit there with their thumbs up their butt and not progressing the game development just because jack***es like complete muffin over here like to be uninformed and "beta" is a current scary buzzword?

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet the cash shop is pretty much a payment system (which I'm sure Turbine has an internal system already implemented) and a database. Obviously the devil is in the details, but a qualified development team banged it out in a week.

The point I am trying to make is twofold:

1. Having a cash shop early in the beta isn't some evil money grubbing hubris, it's probably a combination of pressure to make money (WB owns Turbine, btw), a combination of web stuff being on a much faster development cycle than game development and the "ease" of implementing the shop.

2. Development of any major title, be it game or movie, will have many facets that go into their production, and complaining loudly with little understanding of the process is just harmful, and makes you look ridiculous to those who know better.

Wait, make it threefold:
    3. AbsoluteDonut is a charismatic idiot.

I'm not defending or "white knighting" Turbine, as this is an issue across basically every game I've been in the beta for.

Edit for grammar
    Last edited by cg_paradigm; 06-04-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLMATiK View Post
    I've been saying this for ages, but maybe someone like Total Biscuit will convince you. Skip to 9:17 for his opinion on the beta excuse. He couldn't be more right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL0ijHwCxNA
    But what's your point?

Skip to 15 mins and Total Biscuit talks about the fact there are not Beta's but unfinished games and as long as it wasn't misrepresented that it was a finished game that that' not that much of problem.

So at the the end of the day Beta or not Infinite Crisis was always known to be a game that is 'Work in Progress' ie not finished so it's not as if Turbine have been trying to claim the game is finished.

To me Work in progress / Beta aren't worlds apart. It's very thin line. Yes Turbine is charging money for a Beta / Unfinished game but you knew that going in and nowhere was it said this is a finished product.

So I ask again What's your point?

At the end of the day it's people whining about things being broken and expecting a finished game or a hot fix in like two days.

I think it's still too early to make assumptions of what Turbine can and can't do. Everybody makes comparisons to League but Riot is much larger with more resources so comparisons are not going to work. The comparison only exists to show how a successful MOBA handles things. The fact of the matter is IC isn't there yet. It's going to take a while to see if this game is going to fail. But people prematurely talking smack about the game is the reason you get "white Knights". People prematurely talking **** about the game is one way to make the game fail before it got the time it needed to shine. People who have more tolerance and understanding don't want to see the game fail because people are prematurely jumping on the hate train because Flash went 30 - 0 in their game.
    Last edited by Man_of_KillSteal; 06-04-2014 at 02:02 PM.

He wants a game that doesn't even have a Pause feature to be considered launch...
    Ignore this TotalBiscuit all he does is ***** about everything, like he's right in everything.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    While some may feel the word beta means nothing to them, to us it means exactly what it is supposed to mean. The product is ready for a larger scale of testing, but is not ready for full launch status. Everyone can argue about how others may have handled things but at the end of the day we are not anyone else. When we say something is in beta, that is exactly what it means.

This game is in beta, we are going to be making changes, some dramatic. We are going to be adding features, some big some small. Some things you might be used to are going to change. The game you are playing right now, is not the finished product.

So please try not to bash anyone who comes in that understands that beta is what we mean it to be. A place to test and make changes and improvements to the game.
    Wow first the white Knights charge in to defend the Devs, and now the devs come in to defend them.
    This is something im starting to really get fed up with, because some of us are trying to make some genuine constructive criticism about the way the game is being balanced, about nightmare batman, about gambits, about item changes, and its all getting drowned out by sycophants. we get it, you love the game, so do we, thats why were trying to make it better with constructive -but also negative- criticism, instead of just sucking *** all the time. and typically the devs only respond to the positive comments, and if anyone ever says anything negative it just gets ignored and is not responded to at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    Wow first the white Knights charge in to defend the Devs, and now the devs come in to defend them.
    This is something im starting to really get fed up with, because some of us are trying to make some genuine constructive criticism about the way the game is being balanced, about nightmare batman, about gambits, about item changes, and its all getting drowned out by sycophants. we get it, you love the game, so do we, thats why were trying to make it better with constructive -but also negative- criticism, instead of just sucking *** all the time. and typically the devs only respond to the positive comments, and if anyone ever says anything negative it just gets ignored and is not responded to at all.
    They answer to the well made question or feedback, say any kind of bad word or one insulting someone (direct or indirect) and they for sure wont answer you.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn