Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Total Biscuit agrees! Enough with the "its beta" excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    Wow first the white Knights charge in to defend the Devs, and now the devs come in to defend them.
    This is something im starting to really get fed up with, because some of us are trying to make some genuine constructive criticism about the way the game is being balanced, about nightmare batman, about gambits, about item changes, and its all getting drowned out by sycophants. we get it, you love the game, so do we, thats why were trying to make it better with constructive -but also negative- criticism, instead of just sucking *** all the time. and typically the devs only respond to the positive comments, and if anyone ever says anything negative it just gets ignored and is not responded to at all.
    That's pretty much untrue, actually. Many of my posts have actually encouraged constructive feedback over yelling, because constructive feedback gives us ideas on how to improve the game to everyone's tastes. We've also come in to address issues that you guys may be seeing (such as IC_Hakai addressing why we only changed 1 champion this update, and IC_PlayByGray discussing his thoughts on Nightmare Batman changes), and we've openly discussed ideas with people in our streams, Twitter, Facebook, etc. We love constructive feedback, we really do.

That said, I'm really getting tired of all of these "White Knight" accusations. It does no one any good to run in and start calling other people names because you may not agree with their opinions. Just because someone likes something does not mean that they're pulling a "White Knight," just like you having negative opinions does not make you a "Flamer" or "Hater" or any other word in the book.

Let's stop the name calling and accusations over all, please. We read all of your feedback -- good and bad -- and just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean that they don't have a right to say their piece.

Let's get back down to the business of discussing how we can all improve the game and what the game is doing right.
    Seraphina Brennan -- Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    ""For hearts long lost and full of fright / For those alone in Blackest Night. / Accept our ring and join our fight / Love conquers all with violet light!""

Roles: Jungle/Assassin, Marksman, and sometimes Controller. Mains: Gaslight Catwoman, Mecha Wonder Woman, Gaslight Batman, Nightmare Robin, Nightmare Superman, Poison Ivy, Atomic Poison Ivy.

I try to be as positive in all post but for once im not.

Truth is I'm tired of this. It's really ******** and I'm sure once you all finished reading this you'll agree.

THIS THREAD IS A WASTE OF TIME!

Beta or not we all should be trying to improve the game. Bashing a word (BETA) does not help progress. Next time some one makes a post think of it in a business aspect even if what you say is negitive. You will see allot more productivity that way.

That is all. Thank you.

I keep forgetting that this is still considered a "beta". I thought that when I paid real money for the Clark Kent Superman that we were beyond beta. In other games I've been part of a beta, "pseudo-currency" was issued until launch. Then everyone was zeroed out and we all began again using real money. IF IC is still in beta, what will happen at launch? Will all purchases remain the same? Or will credits be set at unused at launch? Or will it totally vaporize and we will have to shell out new money. Thanks in advance for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    While some may feel the word beta means nothing to them, to us it means exactly what it is supposed to mean. The product is ready for a larger scale of testing, but is not ready for full launch status. The game you are playing right now, is not the finished product.

So please try not to bash anyone who comes in that understands that beta is what we mean it to be. A place to test and make changes and improvements to the game.

As for money issue every one brings up. A few months ago do you remember this game only accepted a few ways of payment. Also do you remember the many changes in champ pricing to TEST the pricing system.

The market place is still undergoing a massive overhaul of changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see max champ prices dropped because majority of mass agree is high and those who came from other moba's say competition prices are way better. I think champs cost more in IC to make just cause of voicing alone but ic announced publicly that they are testing the market system to see the best way to go about changes. If people are upset they charge for a beta is not a scheme to take your money.

Hell. Most green light games in beta on steam cost money. I want wasteland 2 but I'm waiting for the final project just because I love that series so much.

Now I'm not arguing Wether the game is in beta or not but the money rant is a bad way to prove a case if you feel the game is READY for a full launch against its competitors.

Also, he is called the "Cynical Brit" for a Reason, too much of that will give a mostly negative Perspective towards everything...

Also, slandering anything and everyone is his thing, and its what his viewers want.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewb969 View Post
    Wow first the white Knights charge in to defend the Devs, and now the devs come in to defend them.
    This is something im starting to really get fed up with, because some of us are trying to make some genuine constructive criticism about the way the game is being balanced, about nightmare batman, about gambits, about item changes, and its all getting drowned out by sycophants. we get it, you love the game, so do we, thats why were trying to make it better with constructive -but also negative- criticism, instead of just sucking *** all the time. and typically the devs only respond to the positive comments, and if anyone ever says anything negative it just gets ignored and is not responded to at all.
    First off, great vocab usage of sycophants. It's a great word. On to the main point. Read your post aloud and recognize the tone. There is a huge difference between constructive, but negative feedback (I.E. nerf gambits, you done goofed em) and what your post is, which is non-constructive, negative feedback. There is never a case where you can't leave feedback in a constructive manner. Even if you're fed up with an issue. Look at Bearsss' post, it's a great example of sharing a similar thought in a much more pleasant tone

Quote Originally Posted by misterder View Post
    I keep forgetting that this is still considered a "beta". I thought that when I paid real money for the Clark Kent Superman that we were beyond beta. In other games I've been part of a beta, "pseudo-currency" was issued until launch. Then everyone was zeroed out and we all began again using real money. IF IC is still in beta, what will happen at launch? Will all purchases remain the same? Or will credits be set at unused at launch? Or will it totally vaporize and we will have to shell out new money. Thanks in advance for your answer!
    They did what you describe in the closed beta. They issues a ton of coins for testing the shop, wiped everything and announced that stuff was here to stay. Even in a beta, the cash shop is a good thing. It allows those who want to spend money to do so, it's not forcing anyone to buy coins.

TB is a total moron.

I've argued with him before back in is SC2 days, I'm not sure why Total Clownshoes gets representation.

Also as a fellow Brit, he just annoys the **** out of me.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post
    While some may feel the word beta means nothing to them, to us it means exactly what it is supposed to mean. The product is ready for a larger scale of testing, but is not ready for full launch status. Everyone can argue about how others may have handled things but at the end of the day we are not anyone else. When we say something is in beta, that is exactly what it means.

This game is in beta, we are going to be making changes, some dramatic. We are going to be adding features, some big some small. Some things you might be used to are going to change. The game you are playing right now, is not the finished product.

So please try not to bash anyone who comes in that understands that beta is what we mean it to be. A place to test and make changes and improvements to the game.
    It's an excuse for bad coders and designers that allows you to charge too much money for a garbage product. If it isn't finished, as you clearly just stated that it wasn't, then Turbine needs to immediately refund money to those who have bought Crisis Coins. You need to bring back the Founders Packs. And finally, for those who choose not to purchase a Founders Pack, you need to send the occasional Crisis Coin grant so that Champs may be purchased and the game as a whole can be tested.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    It's an excuse for bad coders and designers that allows you to charge too much money for a garbage product. If it isn't finished, as you clearly just stated that it wasn't, then Turbine needs to immediately refund money to those who have bought Crisis Coins. You need to bring back the Founders Packs. And finally, for those who choose not to purchase a Founders Pack, you need to send the occasional Crisis Coin grant so that Champs may be purchased and the game as a whole can be tested.
    L o L....

Oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder.

Why don't you ask them to fart rainbows while you're at it.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    That's pretty much untrue, actually. Many of my posts have actually encouraged constructive feedback over yelling, because constructive feedback gives us ideas on how to improve the game to everyone's tastes. We've also come in to address issues that you guys may be seeing (such as IC_Hakai addressing why we only changed 1 champion this update, and IC_PlayByGray discussing his thoughts on Nightmare Batman changes), and we've openly discussed ideas with people in our streams, Twitter, Facebook, etc. We love constructive feedback, we really do.

That said, I'm really getting tired of all of these "White Knight" accusations. It does no one any good to run in and start calling other people names because you may not agree with their opinions. Just because someone likes something does not mean that they're pulling a "White Knight," just like you having negative opinions does not make you a "Flamer" or "Hater" or any other word in the book.

Let's stop the name calling and accusations over all, please. We read all of your feedback -- good and bad -- and just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean that they don't have a right to say their piece.

Let's get back down to the business of discussing how we can all improve the game and what the game is doing right.

Challenge accepted even though I think you will complete ignore or fail to reply here goes =)

Things to fix and improve the game with as little insult as possible...

Give players mmr (matchmaking rating) If I'm constantly going to get matched against top players I should get a rating that I can see so I can see how I improve or decline as far as ability to win goes.

If someone wants to make a premade they should deal with the consequences, example me and a top tier buddy queue up, do not put us against 2 people who just downloaded the game who have no idea whats going on. All premades are not created equally, sometimes I will solo queue and get stuck with a premade who have no idea what's going on and the entire other team is on my friends list which means they're good. I can't win when my green lanterns are stacking attack penetration and attack speed.

If for example an 1800 premade of 3 wants to queue they should have to wait for another 1800 premade to queue or atleast 1750-1900. It's no fun being a pub game against people using voice.

Where is your voice communication? Do you need a partnership with vent, raidcall, skype, teamspeak, mumble before you put one in? This is a moba, a good moba group requires communication, help them to communicate.

Fix the item shop in game, your color scheme probably sound cute in a meeting all the items look the same, they don't stand out it's a terrible graphic and it's not appealing.

Items should look as they should example change all the ****** items in the item shop to what they should actually look like it's 2014 is it really that expensive for you to make the item shop look good? Batman's utility belt should be yellow with the bat symbol on it for example, any new player should be able to see an item in the shop and know what it is without having to stop and read.

Seriously you have the best, most well known intellectual property in the country if not the world why are you hiding signature aspects behind terrible tri color scheme? Tldr Items should look like what they are, fix the menu breakdown

Do a better job communicating with the community, I'm sure you could hire some forum moderators cheap if not just for free stuff, use them to keep your community informed, if you have a ****** game but you work with the community the community will work with you. Why do you keep sales a secret? And patch notes?

Stop saying patch notes will be released later today, JUST RELEASE THEM SO WE HAVE MORE TO TALK ABOUT free tip WORD OF MOUTH IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS.

The first Wednesday of every month should be a patch, at the very least to fix balance, change meta, bugs etc.
    The first Monday of every month should be the official announcement of what the patch will entail.

If you're going to release a new hero every 3 weeks (which I personally think is a great timetable) The first week should be the hero announcement with some form of contest to keep the community excited and feel involved, like guess abilities or ability names anything to keep your community interested. The second week should have the champion profile vid and obviously the third would be the release.

Get a beta testing team no disrespect to you game designers but you design for a reason get some competitive gamers who know how to find weaknesses and strengths so heroes don't come out of the gate unbalanced. (if you tell me you have them fire them and get new ones...seriously who let atomic poison ivy, flash, shazaam, nightmare batman go live?)

Look at the numbers listen to your community if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck, a lot of heroes are either underpowered or overpowered and by leaving them that way you're pissing of your player base. People want to be able to play their favorite champion, so many times I get in a game see the other teams picks and I know lunch is served.

This is a moba, I know its a business and you have to make money I want you to make a fortune and have a successful game, want to know what players want? BALANCE, FAIRNESS. Give us these things and we will enjoy the game more and spend more money and tell our friends, Noone ever says dude this game is terrible and makes me angry you have to check it out.

TLDR
    Add matchmaking rating
    Fix your item shop so items are easily recognizable
    Add voice communication
    Focus on balance
    Add beta testers to test heroes and items before they're put in game (if you're still going to pretend this is a beta call them alpha testers w/e makes you happy)
    Involve your community more so it remains active
    Get some intelligent forum moderators who can interact with the community

I'll add more when they come to mind. I WOULD LOVE A RESPONSE FROM YOU Celestrata or a conversation on your opinions, thoughts etc.