Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lead Systems Designer IC_DangerDan's Avatar

Re: feedback on Abin Surs Lantern Changes (Post june Patch)

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Yes, both improved auras. Improved Oa will probably be dropped for EoE and deadshot mods for Harley.
    As Harley (and Arcane Lantern), do you build Oa Gambit more for the active 'Protection Field' or for the 'Oa Aura'?

What do you think about building Rip Hunter's Time Pack on Harley for Will Regen and more base Will? (As opposed to Doctor Destiny's Dreamstone, for example.)

Also, I'm curious about your augments for both. Oh, also what the highest Max Will you reach.
    Last edited by IC_DangerDan; 06-04-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Protector

I play Ivy and Nightmare Superman and I can assure you that I generally collect under 60 coins during an entire game (and in over 40% of games I am the single richest player, because I do pay attention to taking drone waves and dropped credits), whereas previously I would have easily maxed out Will Battery, now I simply skip ASL - which is a 2750 item for 450 Will and 15% cdr. My latest Ivy build is Coin/Logoz/Eye/Metallo's/Starheart/Book, the Logoz is just there for will since stacking it is also futile, and will probably be replaced in a serious game by Entropy Aegis. 16% cdr from augments lets me get within 4% of max, but I no longer max out. Those items together give me 1100 Will, less than that provided by the Abin Sur's Lantern which I would have maxed in 10 minutes, well before I could build all 3 will items. I get circa 1900-2000 Will on Ivy lategame, but it suffices to count bonus will because that, rather than total will, is the stat for scaling.

I would not build power damage on Harley Quinn, the new Deadshot's suits her very well and the additional stats compensate nicely for the lack of Will in her specific case. This has been tested by Genericke.

I agree that the amount of Will available from old ASL/Visor was eclipsing other Will items, but simultaneously making collector items terrible and the "primary will item" a collector item puts controllers in a bad position for getting snowballed against when they need to be consistent. Trying to put a mod on ASL is eclipsed by any of the items with a +Will mod option, such as Eye, Logoz or Grodd's Helmet.
    Last edited by Volandum; 06-04-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    I play Ivy and Nightmare Superman and I can assure you that I generally collect under 60 coins during an entire game (and in over 40% of games I am the single richest player, because I do pay attention to taking drone waves and dropped credits)
    That's surprising only because I would expect you would see 60 coins in under 7 minutes spent in lane. If you used the Accelerated Mod, you could get to 60 stacks in under 4 minutes spent in lane.

My reasoning goes like this: Each drone has a coin, there are 4 (and 1/3) drones each wave, and you have a wave every 30 seconds. Just to make sure you are aware: a change with this update is that everyone nearby when the coin is collected can build stacks on their Collectors. You get the Collector stack whether you last hit or pick it up off the ground.

I agree with volandum. that is why I was purposing reverting abin surs lantern and creating a will collector item based on Larfleezes lantern. it works on many levels and people who want to play conservative can and those who want to use coin items can.

you see my biggest concern is late game. let say on Divided you have just died after breaching into the enemies base. now how do you replace that lost will because you cant get it from drones. and if your allies need coins for there items there are only so many in the jungle and controllers cant compete with assassins and bruisers in harvesting coins from the jungle.

Protector

There are 3 drones each wave for 6 coins/min, taking 10 mins for 60 coins or 5 mins accelerated, and I don't have time to sit in lane. I don't die much at all but the combination of occasional death and simply not enough time to farm means I've yet to exceed about 8 stacks on my Logoz this patch. Previous to the patch it was much more practical to max out stackers with very careful play or the Accelerated mod for midgame (everyone dies lategame so they still fall off).

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IC_DangerDan View Post
    As Harley (and Arcane Lantern), do you build Oa Gambit more for the active 'Protection Field' or for the 'Oa Aura'?

What do you think about building Rip Hunter's Time Pack on Harley for Will Regen and more base Will? (As opposed to Doctor Destiny's Dreamstone, for example.)

Also, I'm curious about your augments for both. Oh, also what the highest Max Will you reach.
    The bubbles, I love me the protective bubbles. The aura is just a bonus. They are an excellent way to survive the initial ultimate bursts if timed correctly. If there was a bubble mod I would take that any day over the current improved aura, which feels very lackluster at just 5 more. I'll be dropping this aura mod because of the recent kinda nerfs to most tank items with reductions to pa/aa across the board.

I'm feeling rather meh with the Grodd's helm as the shield is only as strong as the Oa, so I may give the Rip Hunters a whirl, but I'm not sure about the use of that active. I wouldn't use both because it just becomes to clumsy to use all the actives effectively. I already struggle to make good use of the three I already have (4 if you count qward...but I don't).

I think D3 is dead in the water for supports. The will regen is fairly impressive on the new lantern, so that keyword only takes effect if you have a string of bad deaths.

I think my AGL got to around 2900 will. Not sure about harley.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 06-04-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    There are 3 drones each wave for 6 coins/min, taking 10 mins for 60 coins or 5 mins accelerated, and I don't have time to sit in lane. I don't die much at all but the combination of occasional death and simply not enough time to farm means I've yet to exceed about 8 stacks on my Logoz this patch. Previous to the patch it was much more practical to max out stackers with very careful play or the Accelerated mod for midgame (everyone dies lategame so they still fall off).
    I see. You were thinking of Gotham Heights where my calculation was for Gotham Divided. You have a solid point that coin collection on Gotham Heights is a more difficult prospect. I think that focusing on artifacts which give Will straight up is a sound strategy for Gotham Heights where you can expect to die more frequently and have less opportunity to collect coins.

Protector

That's fair enough, but previously all those collection items (katana, logoz, ruby, necklace) were viable and strong but not overwhelming choices, now they have been nerfed into oblivion, actively reducing item diversity. In particular, claims about having access to a high will item now simply don't hold water.

having finally gotten into a game in gotham divided where I could use the lantern I have to say it is not worth the investment. it is inconsistent and the few things it does out side of will are not worth the price. it is more viable to just get the dream stone and then items with bonus will rather than use the lantern. and that is sad because before this update the characters I used this on were controllers and Green Lantern prime. now I don't know what I am going to do with GL Prime and I would not use the lantern with anyone who is a controller, out side of Arcane lantern because I die to much.

Community Advocate CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    The bubbles, I love me the protective bubbles. The aura is just a bonus. They are an excellent way to survive the initial ultimate bursts if timed correctly. If there was a bubble mod I would take that any day over the current improved aura, which feels very lackluster at just 5 more. I'll be dropping this aura mod because of the recent kinda nerfs to most tank items with reductions to pa/aa across the board.

I'm feeling rather meh with the Grodd's helm as the shield is only as strong as the Oa, so I may give the Rip Hunters a whirl, but I'm not sure about the use of that active. I wouldn't use both because it just becomes to clumsy to use all the actives effectively. I already struggle to make good use of the three I already have (4 if you count qward...but I don't).

I think D3 is dead in the water for supports. The will regen is fairly impressive on the new lantern, so that keyword only takes effect if you have a string of bad deaths.

I think my AGL got to around 2900 will. Not sure about harley.
    So I've tried doing Rip's the last few rounds as my third item (as opposed to grodd). It's just....so expensive to max, so I'm not sure how fond I am of it. Maybe as a last item in the build, but as an early pick up I'm not fond of it.

I got Harley to about 1950 today before biting it at 90 stacks, no Grodd and no deadshots had been built yet.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 06-04-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Formerly Known as Hammerreborn

Come watch me at my Twitch Stream. I'm a community streamer, and I currently give away free swag every Friday and Sunday nights. Come for the swag, stay for the IC and Comics.

You can see up to date updates about times and giveaways and other events at my thread found here.

You stay classy Ron Burgandy