Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Turbine, please read this...it's about the new UI

Ok. So, anyone who knows me knows I love this game. Love comics, in general. So, this isn't going to be a bash fest. I really hate complainers, and whining, but I have to point out a few things about this new UI. Remember, Turbine. I do love this game, and this is the only reason I take the time to come here and post.

Okay, so the new load up screen is different. No big deal, I guess. But, I don't like it. I liked the previous Superman art. But, it looks like you are going to feature new Champions there, as it's a 3D model, instead of the previous 2D model. If that's the case, then the change will be good. I just like the older Superman uniform better.

This new UI. So much wasted space. I don't get why everything is smaller. I can see the background in everything I click. Why?! After about 5 minutes my eyes started hurting from getting used to the tiny fonts and pictures. I just don't really get it, to be honest. I will list out the things I hated most...hope I can remember all of them.

#1: When you click on Protector, or Store, and you are in a group that then queues, you have no way to get back to that group chat while the queue finds a match. So, if your best buddies are talking to you, you are in Limbo messing with the Store, or your Amplifiers, or whatever.

#2: Why in the world is the Champion select so ridiculous? It's too small, with the background showing, and you have the Chat on the lower left marring the select screen. Yeah, you can still pick your stolen powers, but why is it even covering it? Huge character portrait, ok, I love that. But, it's still marred by the overall minimized nature of the select screen. I just don't get it. Expand it out like it used to be. And what is with the huge green, and ugly Ready button?

#3: The load screen. Same thing. You mar one of the most beautiful parts of your game (and whoever that portrait artist needs a raise...don't care what they make, they need a raise), by minimizing the load screen with empty space behind it. Why? Why in the world would you have dead, empty space, making the beautiful character portraits smaller, and harder to see?

#4: The pointer...I don't get it either. Maybe you can change it, but it gets lost worse than the last one. Maybe it's just me.

#5: Nitpicking, but why are the characters different in the store, and in the Champion select screen under your Protector tab? One place all the Lanterns are lumped together, and in the Store they aren't?

Okay, so aesthetically I will just say this UI has to go. The minimized nature of it is killing me. It looks horrible. I'm sorry...I just don't know what else to say to let you know how much I dislike it. I think you have to go back, or at least expand out the screens and get rid of the dead space behind it. It's killing my eyes, literally. I'm not joking. My eyes hurt from the smaller menus.

Also, massive FPS drops, jitter/jutter, and input lag after about 2 hours of playing. I don't even know where this came from, and I never have a problem running this game. Every once in a blue moon, I'll get a stutter from people throwing cars at each other, but that was it. Now...FPS went from 59-60, to dropping to 28 for an all time low...and sometimes evening out at 38. Wha...? Never had that problem before, and I can tell when a game is dropping from frame loss.

So, please...I hope you didn't waste a lot of man hours on this UI, because it has to go. Please. I love this game...but this UI...had me saying lolwut at best, and *** at worst.
    Last edited by Catacomb; 06-04-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Re: Turbine, please read this...it's about the new UI

I love having the Champ Select Screen be reduced to half my screen size. Who's brilliant idea was this? There was nothing wrong with it before. Please change it back immediately.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

And my friends list is tiny....the fonts make the game look like it is 20 years old....and I actually have a headache now from the way things look. I had to quit the queue. 1680x1050 is my resolution and everything looks crunched up and awful. I want to play badly, but this needs to be fixed ASAP....this is really bad. I saw someone else mention the same headache issue.
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

This would be a great time for a moderator that doesn't exist to chime in and talk to us about our issues?

But if we don't exist how can we chime in?

All kidding aside, we want and appreciate the feedback. That is one of the reasons the forums are here. The UI is of course new, so it will take some adjusting. The key here is that players are giving us the feedback so the team can take action and make any changes that may come as a result of feedback.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

I think its definitely too small to be clear and agree about the empty space. I can see what direction you were going for but its just too small right now

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Frelorn View Post

All kidding aside, we want and appreciate the feedback. That is one of the reasons the forums are here. The UI is of course new, so it will take some adjusting. The key here is that players are giving us the feedback so the team can take action and make any changes that may come as a result of feedback.
    Frelorn, how fast can it be 'fixed'? I can't even look at it long without getting a headache....
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

I don't know how it works on smaller screens, but it's definitely too small for 1080p+. The 3D Superman model is pretty awesome, though.
    Main Enforcer: Wonder Woman / Atomic Poison Ivy (kinda disappointed with Atrocitus)
    Main Controller: Zatanna
    Main Marksman: Green Arrow
    Main Bruiser: Superman
    Main Assassin: Gaslight Catwoman / Flash (I like Gas Cat better, but Flash is one of my favorite dc chars.)
    Main Blaster: Green Lantern

There is no "adjusting" to this. This isn't like when you guys decided to zoom in on the game to give the Champ models a chance to be enjoyed more easily and to make ganking easier and paying attention to the minimap more important. This is just hurting my already bad eyes.
    V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

LOL. I saw thsi patch and I thought hey atleast it looks shiny.

Making developments, one part at a time.