Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Turbine, please read this...it's about the new UI

A suggestion for a fix....

As in actual Game mode...Make some "sliders" in options to adjust various Sizez of the UI in lobby etc..

This way all us spoiled Interweb Abusers can make everything the size WE want personally on our screen..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

To date, the UI has been big and blurry, because it was locked to a given layout that would get scaled up on higher res monitors. It was worthy of, and received, ridicule as being low-tech looking.

We are updating things. It will take some time, and we're doing it in stages. The first bit was to redo things to keep a consistent pixel resolution, which makes the panels get smaller as your screen resolution gets larger. The basic layouts of the screens have not had a lot of work to take advantage of this yet, but that's coming.

A lot of UI change is coming. There has been a lot of work, just getting he basic plumbing done, and all the systems written, and the features added, while maintaining the beta game performance and localizing everything, and the updated resolution support is the most recent thing. It's going to allow us to reskin the UI, and reflow pages, and add a lot, that we couldn't before.

We're not there yet. Being beta, that is a true thing about the game.

I'm happy it's not super blurry anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Floon View Post
    To date, the UI has been big and blurry, because it was locked to a given layout that would get scaled up on higher res monitors. It was worthy of, and received, ridicule as being low-tech looking.

We are updating things. It will take some time, and we're doing it in stages. The first bit was to redo things to keep a consistent pixel resolution, which makes the panels get smaller as your screen resolution gets larger. The basic layouts of the screens have not had a lot of work to take advantage of this yet, but that's coming.

A lot of UI change is coming. There has been a lot of work, just getting he basic plumbing done, and all the systems written, and the features added, while maintaining the beta game performance and localizing everything, and the updated resolution support is the most recent thing. It's going to allow us to reskin the UI, and reflow pages, and add a lot, that we couldn't before.

It was awfully blurry....looked like the wrong refresh rate. good news is that the ingame screen looks good....and MAN the new ping icons are GREAT!!
    Formerly xocgx.........vegemike is just easier to pronounce!
    Steam name is xocgx
    Steam Forum name is Vegan

I assume (hoping) you'll be moving forward with a lot of vector elements so that they'll fit nicely on a variety of resolutions.

It's minor, but a peeve of mine is the friends list — player avatars are resized vertically to fit their boxes, but the proportions aren't constrained, resulting in deformed non-square icons. This breaks my designer heart; please have them resized horizontally too

I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to the community and give us an idea as to what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Broli View Post
    I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to the community and give us an idea as to what is going on.
    QFT. The new UI changes could lead to an amazingly good new UI... even if right now, at high res, it really has some issues (they may be different issues, but they are certainly issues). As I suggested in the other thread on this topic, all I really want now is resizable chat window, resizable friends list, and bigger fonts as an option (which, for myself, I won't take as I play on a remarkably large monitor, but is practically a necessity for anyone with a high-res, small monitor). Thank you for all of your hard work so far... and I hope for your sake the fact that the game will be literally unplayable for some (which it honestly would be, I'd wager) doesn't lose you too many fans... and that the changes come moderately quickly (especially a resizable font option).

UI looks so nice
    Yeah I recently learned that it can take a while for a game to be nice so my patience and Hope is renewed. Also seeing that superman on the login screen didn't hurt.

I find hard to believe the way the UI is looking at high res was intended to look that way!!!!

It is absolutely awful and everything looks out of place. Feels like the background is scaling properly but not the main UI content....

I'm all for 'changes for the better' but this just just so bad that navigating the menu is simply a chore now.

I would try that game for the first time.... I would never come back to it as it is just terrible the way it is. Why would I have to scale down my resolution for the game UI to fit?.... I would have bought a microwave if I wanted to play low res.

If it was a first step towards a UI restructuration you should have waited for the 2nd step to be ready before implementing it.

A step towards being able to self skin?

Why so much green and luminous buttons and why does my Attack icon look like it came from Dune 2?

I can appreciate the progress towards making the UI technology versatile so I'm not going to complain too much about the portraits etc just yet.
    Will have to see how much I can make it fade into the background.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

He said the WORD, take cover everyone!