Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Turbine, please read this...it's about the new UI

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    He said the WORD, take cover everyone!
    We are protected by the White Knights who will be attacked mercilessly by the Black Knights who can think of nothing better to do but insult White Knights.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaithiz View Post
    We are protected by the White Knights who will be attacked mercilessly by the Black Knights who can think of nothing better to do but insult White Knights.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SKRma7PDW10

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaithiz View Post
    Guess we have no choice but to Deny The Black.

Considering Harmony

100% agreed

Was going to try and make this but I found it already made. Figure it would be good for this.
    Last edited by Geck0; 06-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.

On my screen (which is fairly small, and not uber high res) some things actually don't fit in. Like the timer for the champ lockdown in the match lobby : it's partially obscured by whatever is on the top of the screen (I can't remember). And the open chat is square on top of the champion list.

So this looks mostly like a scaling issue.

The tooltips are so big or the UI is so small...
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Quote Originally Posted by Floon View Post
    To date, the UI has been big and blurry, because it was locked to a given layout that would get scaled up on higher res monitors. It was worthy of, and received, ridicule as being low-tech looking.

I'm happy it's not super blurry anymore.
    If that's the case, and you didn't want it too large, why is the Champion select picture enormous? Maybe I am just not understanding....

And...the game was never blurry to me, before.

Quote Originally Posted by Catacomb View Post
    And...the game was never blurry to me, before.
    Ditto.

Now it's burning my Retinas, basically the only thing i didnt like about the update...

Quote Originally Posted by Floon View Post
    To date, the UI has been big and blurry, because it was locked to a given layout that would get scaled up on higher res monitors. It was worthy of, and received, ridicule as being low-tech looking.

We are updating things. It will take some time, and we're doing it in stages. The first bit was to redo things to keep a consistent pixel resolution, which makes the panels get smaller as your screen resolution gets larger. The basic layouts of the screens have not had a lot of work to take advantage of this yet, but that's coming.

A lot of UI change is coming. There has been a lot of work, just getting he basic plumbing done, and all the systems written, and the features added, while maintaining the beta game performance and localizing everything, and the updated resolution support is the most recent thing. It's going to allow us to reskin the UI, and reflow pages, and add a lot, that we couldn't before.

We're not there yet. Being beta, that is a true thing about the game.

I'm happy it's not super blurry anymore.
    I'm super supportive of this game and have never been a jerk about any of the changes. I get that it's a beta. What I wonder is who let this current build go through to the public? That argument is totally valid from a technical perspective, but leave that stuff in the background and put up something readable in front of it, or leave this half-finished thing on your test server until something readable is ready to be released to the public. My problem here is that as the art director your response to this argument should be: "okay sounds great, but this is unreadable and will make people mad, so just hold off for a little longer". I don't mean any offense, it's just that I'm assuming it will be another month before the next patch, and I'm guessing that's why you wanted SOME UI change to happen, but this looks rushed and amateurish.

To take your plumbing analogy a bit further, I'd say what we used to have was a perfectly reliable hole in the ground. Now we have some great looking pipes and a nice toilet, but they just aren't hooked up together and the pipes aren't sealed. So when you have people over, you can show them how cool the new toilet looks, and you can explain how awesome the new indoor plumbing is going to be, but you should still have them use the hole in the ground, otherwise you risk getting piss everywhere.
    "Please..... I go through everyone's trash." - The Question