Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clarity on new Lobo's chain

can we get some concrete data here ? there are some questions regarding about this newly revised artifact for me as is a core item for some of my bruisers .

1) Does this artifact still slows after hitting with normal attacks ?

2) The cripple function from the active : what does cripple mean ? does it slow ? by how much and what is the max range for the shot ?

Anyone who used it before please contribute as a response to this thread as even i checked in the mods for this artifact, is vague as hell as it didnt say how long the chain will last (turbine being lazy again ?) or what does cripple do.

Re: Clarity on new Lobo's chain

i must eb drunk mods please move this to the artifacts section please

I have tried it but I don't know exactly what it does, it seems to slow him but I don't know for what %. Range seem a little longer than Arcane GL chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Unilord View Post
    I have tried it but I don't know exactly what it does, it seems to slow him but I don't know for what %. Range seem a little longer than Arcane GL chains.
    The enemy champion attached to the chain has the "crippled" status effect applied to the for the duration of the tethering which prevents them from using any movement skills like dashes, blinks, leaps (e.g. Flash's Flash Attack (Q), Joker's Vanish, Gasbat's Bat Flight, Mecha WW's Afterburn, Atomic WW's Vault, etc...) It's not a slow, stun, root or general purpose silence, it specifically counters move skills that can be used to juke and escape. You'd use it for chasing, primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Epoch View Post
    The enemy champion attached to the chain has the "crippled" status effect applied to the for the duration of the tethering which prevents them from using any movement skills like dashes, blinks, leaps (e.g. Flash's Flash Attack (Q), Joker's Vanish, Gasbat's Bat Flight, Mecha WW's Afterburn, Atomic WW's Vault, etc...) It's not a slow, stun, root or general purpose silence, it specifically counters move skills that can be used to juke and escape. You'd use it for chasing, primarily.
    Is there an animation for the tether? Because running on low settings i don't see any..

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Epoch View Post
    Does it still slow targets hit by basic attacks?

Protector

I would not be amazed if it can 'canel out' superman, shazzam and Atomic wonderwoman's ultimates too as a result. Alongside other skills like Shazzam's Q or similar 'chase attack moves'. Meaning it can become the perfect counter for a **** ton of champions. Especially Flash and his run away with Q, but of course if the chains do not create a 'slow' and you do not 'slow him yourself' he could simply use his natural extra movement speed to 'escape' -_-

I'm very sure the slow effect still occurs as long as you can 'basic attack the target'. The Hook shot just gives lobo's chains what it needed to propel its mod importance into top tier 'stop those escape skill users' from running. ^^ Sadly it would also shut down catwoman's acrobat since its still a movement skill.

As for what epoch said, you can see crippled as a 'lesser root' from things such as atomic ivy's W or traps. it only locks out movement skills, but i can see that as a deadly addition, especially if you combine it with other particular characters.
    Last edited by Alvienal; 06-08-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled98 View Post
    Does it still slow targets hit by basic attacks?
    Yes, what is is being talked about here is the new Active Keyword added by an Item Mod.
    You throw a chain that cripples the enemy.
    - PC -
    PSU: MAXXTRO ATX 450epn12 (450w);
    MOBO: G41M-VS3;
    CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.73GHz;
    RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB DDR3;
    GPU: GeForce GTX550 Ti;
    Screen: 1360x768.

Infinite Crisis QA Tester IC_CrystalMage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
    Is there an animation for the tether? Because running on low settings i don't see any..
    This actually appears to be a bug on low graphics settings. Thanks for letting us know! You should still see the hook, at least. If you don't, do say so, as it could be another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by IC_CrystalMage View Post
    This actually appears to be a bug on low graphics settings. Thanks for letting us know! You should still see the hook, at least. If you don't, do say so, as it could be another issue.
    I run it on high and it needs to be more visible. I see the animation for the start but no indication on whether I hit or if they have moved outside of it. Perhaps making it look like AcGL's chains but only one and not green?