Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Premades teams ruin this game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Does anyone actually have any proof that level 1s (ungrouped with higher level players) are being matched against premade groups in thier 30s?
    Look at all this anecdotal evidence on the forums man!!!!11!!

So many threads full of legit information in a huge sample pool of games!

On topic: The community is small - figure it out people.
    There is a glaringly obvious reason you come across the same people in games all the time, I used to play in 5 stacks every day and we would constantly wait 10-12 minutes at least for a game before we got dumped with randoms. It isn't fun on the other side of the fence either.

Pipe down.
    Sinestro Corps Member

@lyri
    o
    n

f
    f

n
    o

Senior Software Engineer Admin_Phax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Does anyone actually have any proof that level 1s (ungrouped with higher level players) are being matched against premade groups in thier 30s?
    To address the concerns about new players:

Brand new players are not matched with anyone 21+, ever. As they level their acceptable range goes up though. Most games I see with really low level Protectors (1-5) end up with no one over Protector level ~13 in the match.

These are newish features of the matchmaker.

It's still possible to end up with a worst case (level 1 vs lvl 20 premade) but it should be very rare and would only occur when the queues are sparsely populated.

Additionally:

We've been continually making it harder and harder for pre-mades to be matched vs. solo players by making them wait longer in queue for other pre-mades to show up. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it should get more rare over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post

Brand new players are not matched with anyone 21+, ever. As they level their acceptable range goes up though. Most games I see with really low level Protectors (1-5) end up with no one over Protector level ~13 in the match.

It's still possible to end up with a worst case (level 1 vs lvl 20 premade) but it should be very rare and would only occur when the queues are sparsely populated.

Additionally:

We've been continually making it harder and harder for pre-mades to be matched vs. solo players by making them wait longer in queue for other pre-mades to show up. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but it should get more rare over time.
    Well... not sure what to say that I have a several friends between level 2-11... I play with them but... you see... as of recently even solo queue (level 35 btw) I have been getting matched with level 10s now... on a semi regular basis... Not really sure what caused it other than perhaps playing with my lowbie friends too often...

Quote Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
    Well... not sure what to say that I have a several friends between level 2-11... I play with them but... you see... as of recently even solo queue (level 35 btw) I have been getting matched with level 10s now... on a semi regular basis... Not really sure what caused it other than perhaps playing with my lowbie friends too often...
    Playing with low level friends will not affect who you get matched with in solo queue. Most likely case is a lack of other players in your level range 30's being in queue at the time.

It annoys me, too. Matchmaking isn't very well executed right now. However, I think it is understandable since the player base isn't LoL-sized.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Additionally:

Really?
    I remember playing on a level 4 matched up against a group of 3 in their mid level 30s, but this was at like, 3am in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    Really?
    I remember playing on a level 4 matched up against a group of 3 in their mid level 30s, but this was at like, 3am in the morning.
    but was that before the changes were made to the match making system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm_king View Post
    but was that before the changes were made to the match making system.
    Nope.
    This was in May, or June I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    Nope.
    This was in May, or June I forget.
    These restrictions were not turned on prior to the June Update.
    Last edited by Phax; 06-08-2014 at 07:02 PM.

These restrictions were not turned on prior to OB4.
    I have no idea what OB4 means.
    OB4 = June Update?