Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nightmare Superman Full review part II

Nightmare Superman Full Review Part II
    Plus ways to fix him

Hey whats up every one. I am back with a suffering champ with one of the most versatile skill sets in the game NIGHTMARE SUPERMAN. I wanted to post this up a while ago but I am happy I did not because I go to experience him after the change in the artifacts.

Ever since Nightmare Superman last buff he has come a long way. Now I am hitting 3 champs with his Q with out being picked off when I have to land it.

I was really looking forward to Nightmare Sups change in the ult to do a % damage based off of life but the change in his ult still is worth it and proven worthy to now upgrade as you level up compared to the old Ult that was really pointless. Vortex is one of the best versatile skills in the game. And it never needed a change and after the change it did not change much for what it does.

But even through all the great change of his skills Nightmare Superman lacks big time state wise and shadowed in every area by another champ. For pure controlling Atomic Green Lantern, Ivy does a better job, As support Harley, Zatanna and Ivy does a better job, As a damage carry every one that can relate to Nightmare Superman minus Atomic Green Lantern does a better job at damage carry.

You might have all heard me say in my past that Nightmare Superman is my fav champ in the game to play. But my goal is not to make the best but at least up to par (Balanced) with those of his class of controllers wether Turbine wants to focus him into being a support or a damage carry or a true controller. My close friend and I (Nenilai) went into deep conversation to try to see ways into making him up to par with other champs. I'll go into details now.

True Controller- Two ways-

First way is to reduce Nightmare Superman Vortex and increase his speed by a little bit. Vortex being his number one Controller move after he throws that in a field to control the area he sits there for a longggg time before he can blast another one in the area.

(I thought of this cool idea since he all ready more of the all ready advance champs to play as)

If you close Vortex early you have to wait a full cool down. If you let it close naturally it has a reduced cooldown. (Kinda like Flash dash. Full dash vs half dash.) People have to choose wether to keep control of the field or use vortex to damage right before enemy's escape the circle. It may catch new players for the full time it's open but the chance of vortex of catching a experienced player full the time its open is rare.

Number two- Increase Nightmare base speed and health/armour. If he lives longer then his team mates live longer and enemy team will have to suffer longer. It would make him more viable as a controller of the field. So he could get two or 3 vortex off before he has to retreat or get killed since he tends to be 2nd to 3rd picked off in a group battle.

Support- Have his Q steal and buff not only power but also attack. His q still proves to be situational and with Nightmare Superman not dishing out much damage the power armour steal plus buff does not prove to be enough but if you choose to try to damage with him.

Increase of in health and armour. As stated before the longer he stays alive the more he will be able to support his team mates.

Damage/Carry-

This one is simple. Give him more power damage lol. But also add something like speed or health or armour because he is all ready super squishy with out doing massive damage with out any heals like Zatanna and Ivy meaning he can not stay in the fight as long.

Harasser-

I doubt (turbine) goal is to have him as this but another easy one with the least amount of state change. Just give him ALLOT more speed and a boost of range or ALLOT more range and a boost of speed.

Pretty much he is no longer the worst Champion on the list after the skill buff and if some one thinks that then it is just a opinion. But where Nightmare Superman lacks the most is his stats. I gave different area's that would help him depending on what direction you want to take Nightmare Superman. All in which would help him no longer be under performed by all other champs in what ever role he can fill.

Credit goes to Nenilai For helping me try to find ways to improve nightmare superman for different roles.

If you have any thoughts or idea's feel free to post them or comments. Thank you every one for reading and continue to have fun!
    Ame-Comi Zatanna 7.2" figure raffle happens Nov-29 between 8 to 10pm Est. Don't miss the next BearsXstream Show!!!!

Protector

Re: Nightmare Superman Full review part II

Nightmare Superman is on the strong side right now, his damage is definitely on par for a controller if not high, it should surpass Atomic Poison Ivy and Mecha Superman (I assume you meant to compare him with Arcane Green Lantern who is very low damage, not the fairly well scaling power damage bruiser that is Atomic Green Lantern). All the controllers (except maybe Arcane Green Lantern) are very strong right now, and Nightmare Superman is definitely on par.

He is the single best shields/time character, and I've definitely power carried with less effort than would be needed on Ivy or Zatanna.

If it helps, I usually build Two Face's Coin, Qward Gambit, Eye of Ekron, The Starheart, Metallo's Heart/Book of Eternity/Abin Sur's Lantern and the Psi Scimitar (not in that order), an item could be switched out for Entropy Aegis if this is needed. The mods are on Coin, Metallo's and Psi. Cooldown reaches 36% with Coin and Metallo's. This has left me bulky enough to take dives and brief focus when necessary and lategame 700+ damage vortices every 6-8 seconds and lots of general AoE damage, combined with frequent double shields for over 300, allow me to contribute overwhelming damage and utility to teamfights. Even early I can easily initiate ganks with Vortex and, if needed, Condemn which are very very difficult to escape.

Joining Harmony

He is good now because he cant own the jungle.

Yea. I was trying to say other then Atomic Green Lantern. And your build is almost exactly my build. His ult for me by end game is 30 sec's but I also have cooldown augments as well. Before the skill buff every champ or shined nightmare sups.

As ny opinion I feel as a true controller ivy and green lantern can stay in the fight WAY longer then nightmare sups early and mid and late game depending on build and that goes a long way when it comes down to match up. I don't count mecha sups cause... Well that is one he'll of a tank lol.

But because I focus so much on support I never think much on ganking champs with nightmare superman. Thanks for that. I'll try it out one day.

Quote Originally Posted by rafaaa View Post
    He is good now because he cant own the jungle.
    Wait what. Since when can a Nightmare Superman jungle?
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Protector

It's not about how long you personally can remain in the fight, it's how much sustain/time you can put out while staying safe. Now Arcane Green Lantern and Ivy both have conditional AoE effects which can affect a large part of your team and are good for larger fights, but NSM's double shield is utterly amazing for skirmishes and quick trades. Neither of those two have a displacement which can delay an area or set up AoE damage/CC quite like Vortex either, Deadly Flora and Shackles have the AoE slow but they lack the displacement.

NSM also has a significantly BETTER early game than those two - Ivy's early is noticeably weak as she is very squishy and needs levels to get her cooldowns somewhere sensible, Arcane GL's low rank Construct Champion and Shackles are weak too. You're definitely underestimating his early-mid, get some will and make the trades happen with Siphon/Vortex, and remember to use your ranged basic attack consistently.

Protector

I think thats the problem. You guys seem to be building a blaster, not a support NMS. I go for everything that has a cool down reduction on it. add in a few power damage mods to those items, and either go with the seal (if i need more health) or the book to cut through armor.

Pandoras, the lance, cosmic staff, and strangley rip hunters time pack. I found the extra will, regen, and mild auto attack damage is much better then say the dream stone. its also fun to use it to beam out of trouble when you want to grief a bigger group.

You get your prisons down to about 40seconds, and your q is almost instant, w and e's are up every time you need them. I have played with the latern a bit, but to me it seems lacking, or i just have bad luck when i use it. and the eye is a good item, but you lose 20% cool-down to have it in a single will build. But works great combined with rip hunters.

I know i cant normally blast someone apart on my own, unless my prison is up, and it normally is. My role is support, i come to disrupt, annoy and set people up to die.
    Last edited by Mideran; 06-09-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Protector

Prison cannot get below 45 seconds (60% of 75), Q is at 3s with max CDR. And I do go very close to max cdr.

You're getting CDR, which is fine, but you're not getting much bulk OR will or even pd for scaling... and you're going over on cdr. That's not a coherent build I'm afraid, your skills do work better with synergistic scaling stats, and you are actually squishier than the so-called glass blaster Nightmare Supermans. If I wanted to forgo damage for more supportive abilities I'd build will + bulk + CDR, not random + CDR.

I did the math wrong not being in front of a computer. I mean 45 sec's. I for got to subtract 30 from 75 instead I used 30 lol. I'll tell you what I use one I get home. Like its said it's close to yours. Good for drone clearing and melee is decent.

But the point of this is that there is a better champ to choose from doing any role you try to put nightmare superman. And im really good with nightmare superman

Even got a quadruple kill once with him but that was due to Good team work and not a solo attempt.
    Last edited by Bearsss; 06-09-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Add content