Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Protector

Re: Nightmare Superman Full review part II

Weird that i do well then. Rarely do i go a game, that not totally full of noobs, with little more then 3 deaths. But lets look at my items

Cosmic belt, rip hunters(modded will), cosmic staff(modded 2%), Fatalities Lance(modded pd), Pandoras, and then something else. Maybe the Seal, maybe an armor, maybe the star heart.

so thats 20% 10% 10% and 10% hell that looks like 50% cdr. Not bad. I like move speed, and the slow on Pandoras, but i might trade that for the extra 40 pd, now that i see 2faces has 10% cool down on it.. what exactly is wrong with my build?

Also your right about the 40s thing, i guess i don't notice the time, as im moving through the field and it doesn't hold any meaning to me, nor does 5 secs more or less on the cool down really come into play. I also said nearly instant, I can get 2 off on a champ if i play out my skills right.

Now if im not soloing, and going in with a group, that i know will do their damnedest to kill the person that killed me, ill go with out the extra move speed and slow in favor of more damage. But ive found being as fast or faster then most champs save my butt alot.

Protector

No-one puts out shielding/time like Nightmare Superman. None of the other supports have AoE displacement, and no-one has AoE concentrating displacement perfect for setting up or chaining onto AoE cc/damage. No one has the total suppression at a range that leaves them free to act.

All the reason why I like him and as a great player tell me how much a threat he is knowing what he is capable of when you go up against him. And your up against a skilled one as well.

Personally I leave him alone. Take out damage carry first. Bruiser 2nd of heis goingdamage build and if nightmare superman isnt dead from all collateral then i finish him off.

Vortex being his gold for damage output doesn't do much against Experinced players and I use it more for escape, displacement and that stun. I've used the shield many times saving a ally. New vortex slows all. He is my fav champ and im not saying he is at all bad. Just out matched.

Ivy for example. Max ult does 200% times power damage plus heal and she has her passive heal and pop up plus sheild. Going into a group . Any one in that is in auto Trouble. And that's what I mean by out classed
    Last edited by Bearsss; 06-09-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Add content

I go for a complete shield set up wuth Psi modded for dmg to get tat last hit on...NMS is fantastic with a good team..

Gorilla helm, and OA gambit. for both active shields WILL save more lives then you know..

also eye of and logos..both have decent will, and PD

plus with OA and gorilla youve got decent PD armor, throw in Metallos and you got 3 auras. goid armor and good shields with E

all in all my complete build is pumpin over 400 shields with , 30% cdr. , and around 400 PD..hes very very good, bu requires a team whom knows Im there savin they life with my shields..
    Yes..over NINE THOUSAND!!

also..Consider Ham as an option.

He is great but a champ that needs a baby sitter at all times. He isnt hopeless but still the only one in the game were you don't want to be caught on your own even if it's a one on one.

Granted I beat many avg And weak flash players. (Advance flash would never stick around if they don't get the kill right off the back.) But I shouldn't be forced to have to gamble with every champ I come across that they are avg or below avg with nightmare superman.

Take a close look at the suggestions. The things I put up there will allow him to take care of him self.

As for the build. I didn't get to log on last night but if the back of my head I use cool down and move speed aug. Psi empower amp, eye of Ekron sharpnal 4 amp and Starheart reduction amp.

Psi and Ekron are great for bot conditioning. Also deals decent melee damage.

Starheart reduction for late game and because playing as nightmare superman your not promised credits. At least before shared credit pickup. But yea. I change up daily what I use depending on the enemy team but do focus on cooldown reduction. Sometime I go health and armor.

With power damage and your ult you can 1 vs 1 like the rest. Of course you dont need to be babysat you can escape when ult is down or turn and kill

Protector

You're really not doing it right if you have to be scared of 1v1 encounters, you should be well off against most melees (excepting the Flash and Cat Prime who can trivially evade your Vortex), take Traps if you REALLY have issues, and be well equipped to kite out most ranged and inflict significant damage if they try to chase you. I also have little trouble getting close to full build, maybe you should work harder to collect credits during downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mideran View Post
    so thats 20% 10% 10% and 10% hell that looks like 50% cdr. Not bad. I like move speed, and the slow on Pandoras, but i might trade that for the extra 40 pd, now that i see 2faces has 10% cool down on it.. what exactly is wrong with my build?
    Doesn't the CDR cap at 40 %? Maybe im wrong but i would have swear that, also i think booster's gold is a very good item on NMS
    Hi protectors! Feel free to add me to friends if you want it!

Went at it last night with Nightmare Superman. And I stand by my case. In fact Nightmare Superman is great. All ways has been been! Still my fav to play. But i'll explain in details why I stand by my case that he needs some type of buff.

First off I would like to thank Volandum for the tips. I all ready used the artifact Lance but all ways forgot the skill it has (novice mistake on my part). I made sure Idid not forget today when I used it. And it REALLY works!!!

Also I was wrong about my build I was using. I have all cooldown and movespeed augments and Psi and blue Scab mod, And eye of eckron Sharpnal 4. They work well together and takes about 20% squishys health away doing a melee attack after a skill.

But in the end when it comes down to what buld your doing you must remember that any one can do the same exacte build and if there base stats out do your's you will lose every time by the numbers (not by skill and effect like stun). Out of all the games I had playing NIghtmare Superman last night I only had 2 bad ones this morning and last night. >.>

ANy way with champs like Atrox, Nightmare SUperman might see some tornoment play but then again why not use Zatana Passive buff and heal or Ivy Shield and passive Heal. Both in which can dish out allot more damage and Ivy can build as a hybrid or tank if the field changes and she has too or would best for the team. Choosing them you loose Power Armor steal and his vortex. But for the trade off you would see them choosen every time in a torno over Nightmare SUperman. Also consider the amoount of people you see choosing nightmare superman on the daily compared to every other champ.

My Nightmare Superman is a Avg speed but with out the augments he is as slow as a tank, A little less squishy then a assassin and on par with a powerful ennforcer. Like Gaslight Joker or Atrox. It takes allot of wit to beat some one, One vs one with NIghtmare Superman. Is it because of his base stats or because he is one of the more advance champs on the roster.

I think it's both. And having more advance skills are fine but it doesnt change the fact thenext champ next to you punch harder and can take more of a hit.

He shines in group fights but thats is where he belongs as a controler and as a support.But alone though since the skill buff he can do allot better on his own you won't be the protector changing the tide. At least not on your own.

This is just the way I feel and if some one takes the time to do the number crunching then they will also see the same thing. If he was able to be on par in some sort of a role then we would see NIghtmare Superman allot more. Or if there was allot more champs like Atrocitus then teams would pair them allot more considering they would not go with a differnt support.

Any way I hope you all enjooy the read. Have a great time playing today and I hope this feedback can help the balancing out.

Protector

I really am not having these problems duelling, your one-off trades are amazing - W and E are 600 point health swings and Q helps and tosses another 2-300 damage in, and W immediately disengages the trade after one rotation. Not many people have the ability to close through the W and keep chasing. Usually I 100%-40% a squishy with the first rotation and ult for the kill if they stick around for another rotation. Melees don't even pose that problem, you can keep harassing them and kite them out, I have traps but this is generally not even needed, and they are easier to land Q on.

For comparison, a mid-late Ivy has 3-500 pts on Q and W and 3-400 on E, can disengage if she lands her Q (though it's much harder now it's bugged) and can get a couple hundred healing off passive but this restricts her movement. Zatanna will hit for about 900-1000 with her combo, if you let her stick to her then you're in a little, but you can still evade her skills, and it's always much easier to land skills when kiting than while chasing. Remember, Nightmare Superman has the BEST shielding output in the game, this is simply unmatched by any other champion.

Frankly, champion popularity is influenced by a lot of things, such as "who is free". Nightmare Superman is expensive and has a bad reputation from before the buffs. Zatanna is cheap and Ivy is very cheap and can be had for free.
    Last edited by Volandum; 06-11-2014 at 04:18 PM.