Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fight on points & get mid!!!

I completely agree with you guys. Decision making is the hardest thing for new players and even fairly experienced players to get a grasp of. i still have issues with it. But there are always those rager's that as soon as you make one mistake jump on your back and ride you like a monkey the rest of the game.

small community + unfamiliar map + newbs + not understanding start or meta = raging moon moons everywhere

It really isn't too hard to find people to play with in my experience, especially with GH (Low pressure game mode/faster games/more fighting).

I honestly don't understand why "these threads" keep getting made. You are Queuing SOLO. Which means you should anticipate you could be paired WITH ANYONE, of any skill level, especially since it is a smaller community. Instead of "whining" about team tactics and people not taking advice/listening to your orders, which honestly most of the people I see do this just come off as jerks talking down to their team mates, how about you take advantage of the few things to find people to play with:

Forums: Always people on here, add them. Message them and I bet you would be surprised by how many may respond and be interested in grouping.

GENERAL CHAT: Blows my mind that this isn't used more. Whenever Ive asked in general if anyone wants to group up, I ALWAYS get at least 1-2 people who want to group up.

I find the best way, other than these two options to find people to play with, just continue to Q solo and when you come across players you played against/played with that you thought were "good" and would lead to some good team play, ADD THEM. That simple. add them to your friends list and just ask.

I feel like a lot of people just don't ask.

Protector

You should expect better matchmaking than that, the matchmaker is not fantastic but that doesn't mean one shouldn't have expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterFloSsiN View Post
    I find the best way, other than these two options to find people to play with, just continue to Q solo and when you come across players you played against/played with that you thought were "good" and would lead to some good team play, ADD THEM. That simple. add them to your friends list and just ask.
    I have 140 people on my friends list, it's just that I tend to play late, so I don't ever have more the 10 or so on at a time. They are often grouped up and I have no choice but to solo queue.

And yes, the matchmaking needs to get better.
    Almost 12,000 Crisis Coins gone to waste...I am a sad panda.

V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

AI mode + long que > teaming with newbs

thank you very much

Playing AI is useless for me. I play PvP because I want to play against other players. I'm glad that they have the AI in now for those who want it. But I have zero desire to play AI GD.
    Almost 12,000 Crisis Coins gone to waste...I am a sad panda.

V3G3TA: "Im pretty confident about my member...probly why I use Ham, and focus on the W, not the kdr...big guy thrwin his meat around sayin stuff. one really understands...with hair fom the 80 s...yep.. that ham makes me feel li myself"

Saying folks aren't playing this game purely for GH is pretty ignorant. Everyone I play with plays GH exclusively, and I have over a 100 persons on my friends list. I would play CC if there was a queue for it.

Solo-queue is a different monster than teaming with 2-4 others. Sometimes you get the runt of the litter feeding the other team, sometimes you can exploit that person on their team. That being said, if the game is grouping you with similarly leveled players, you'd think they'd have figured the game out by now (around lvl30).

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled98 View Post
    Not to rain on the parade you guys having but i just wanna say it , devs and the community already made it clear that GH is a map they are not gonna give much of a dog bone about , and due to the state of the tradition of MOBA is tri-lane maps no one will really understand the GH meta and strat unless they have experience in LoL's dominion , and there you have it.
    This map type is THE ONLY reason I play this game. Everyone nowadays does this 3-lane ****, Blizzard is working on such a game, too. Personally I find 3-lane matches totally boring. 80% of the times I have to hit turrets and drones. And when I meet a player it is all running back and forth to be covered by a tower. I still can't find a reason why LoL is so popular and why people like those 3-lane matches that are basically mainly AI matches.

I would even vote for an all player vs player map. Remove those stupid drones completely, add another player to each team or maybe two and have a nice team-match map. That would be a MOBA I would enjoy. Wrath of Heroes went into this direction although it went into the first person/over shoulder point of view. I was always a fan of PvP, I played some MMOs only because of the PvP part, I bought some games that came with a storyline only to skip the story and jump into PvP. More PvP would be definitely something I would enjoy.

Take a look at some of the Kings of the Crisis videos they've put up on twitch. Mid is treated like just another point, not an absolute requirement. If you have three points and they're going all mid you can go all mid yourselves, but if you're behind on points, going 5v5 mid could easily become a very long battle where you lose more points than you'd ever get from winning mid, and even worse is just committing 100% to mid doesn't even make it certain you'll win it.

That doesn't mean you never see 5v5 mid fights from top level play, but it's situational, and a lot of the time top is a more important point to hold than mid is.