Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Release the banhammer!

Everyday the community becomes more s**t and toxic with LoL players that come to trash talk and then go afk! I am in a game with a guy that was verbal abusing while he was afk because he had like 1-5 score after that game i muted that guy ok but i found a match and i was in team with the same guy and he went afk again ***!?!?!?!.
    So my suggestion for people that afk is to make something that can detect someone that was at base for 4 minutes and automatically disconnect and give him 30 minutes Queue penalty and if he gets another afk penalty on the same day make it 6 hours! Today 3 of 5 games was with afkers. Just saying to fix the community before its too late..... Is it just me or what?
    Talk to Mr. Punchy

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Re: Release the banhammer!

I agree that there needs to be penalties for AFKs.
    I just really don't understand why people join queues and pick characters if they're not going to play. There's tutorial and CO-OP if you want to see if the game can run, there's really no excuse.
    It's really not fun when you're 5 v 1 (Yes, this literally just happened to me. One of the players on their team was turned off of the game because of the toxicity from some of the members from here and the AFK problem in game.)

Long queues and AFKs are really dragging this game down.

Players are being disciplined and have been banned for toxic behavior and for intentionally going AFK. Please keep reporting these folks when it happens, it is the best way for us to know.
    Community Manager, Infinite Crisis
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo

this problem happened a lot during closed beta. the LOL and DOTA players would log on and purposely feed the other teams champions and then say that this game sucks and that they were going back to LOL or DOTA because it was better. its something a lot of players have had to deal with. but they eventually give up or you gain enough levels that you don't queue with these people anymore. though my experience was before reporting was enabled so maybe that is what discouraged them.

Good to know...It just gets really frustrating when it happens at 3 of your 5 games and then you say "im sick of this lets do something else.."
    Talk to Mr. Punchy

you should implant a afk system like LoL has..
    Once you go afk for a decent amount of time, you will be disconnected.

League also have the leaver buster, which is a great system that Turbine could adapt from.
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster
    Team World's Finest seeks Top Laner & Adc/Support combo.

Champion wishlist:
    [ ] Batman Beyond - AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Nightwing - with Dick Grayson Robin skin ~ AD Assassin / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Red Hood - with Jason Todd Robin skin ~ AD Ranged Assassin / AD Marksman
    [ ] Batgirl ~ AD Assassin / AD Controller
    [ ] Superboy ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ ] Power Girl ~ AD Enforcer / AD Bruiser
    [ X ] Supergirl ~ AD Bruiser

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatAsianBoy View Post
    I just really don't understand why people join queues and pick characters if they're not going to play.
    I think it's because you have to grind with champions you don't like in order to level them up and get stolen powers and achievements, so some people just do this.

Providing Harmony ItsThatAsianBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NormanDuke View Post
    I think it's because you have to grind with champions you don't like in order to level them up and get stolen powers and achievements, so some people just do this.
    Then don't give XP + gold to players that don't move for the entire match, and don't give XP + gold to players that have a suspiciously terrible score (Like, 0-20 or something)

Personally the game asks for this kind of behavior because you don't have a ranked mode, I solo queue to farm merit, I get 4 people who have no idea how a moba is played they don't move as a group, or they decide to tower dive an enemy tower when they're outnumbered 2-4. How is it fun being steamrolled by 4 people coming bot on GH because my team has no concept on how to team fight to properly cap bases?

PUT RANKED IN, PUT A LADDER IN...

But this thread is pretty smart imo I think IC should ban heavily seeing as we have a player base of a few hundred lets try to get down to double digits! Pro ideas from the casual community.

Any eta on voice communication seeing as this is a moba and communication is kind of a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Broli View Post
    But this thread is pretty smart imo I think IC should ban heavily seeing as we have a player base of a few hundred lets try to get down to double digits! Pro ideas from the casual community.
    Banning someone is the consequence of bad behavior not of the high number of players. Maybe you got that wrong.